“Best birthday getaway!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My husband takes me here every year for my birthday and the hotel and staff never fail to disappoint! We booked an oceanfront room with breakfast and valet included and it is well worth the extra money you pay upfront as valet is $32 per night. Pool, spa, and restaurant staff were excellent as well as housekeeping. Not one complaint the entire weekend as usual! We have stayed at many RC properties and I would say this one is one of the best!

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Ashleyprado
Write a ReviewReviews (1,633)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have stayed several times in basic rooms private suite's. This hotel and staff go above and beyond to make your stay most enjoyable. I've since rented my own apartment. I will be back someday. Thank you to the Staff who care a great deal about making this one of the best vacation experiences.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank relaxed34
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Ritz Carlton. We had a two room suite with an intercostal view which was very nice. The pool was on the seventh floor and had a great view of the ocean. That's where we spent most of our time because the beach was very crowded and had no food service. The only negatives were the lack of umbrellas to shade us from the sun and the heat, and the pool staff who I thought were not very friendly with the exception of Roberto and Austin. Overall the hotel was very nice, though the area it was in was very crowded, and if I were back in Fort Lauderdale I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ocean view would be the best room!
Reviewed 30 July 2014

First of all, I will admit that I am not usually a Ritz Carlton customer, and as such, I'm not sure what exactly my expectations were.

The location and price point (less than 500 dollars, pr. night, pr room), did indicate that it would not be a Four Seasons / Aman style experience. I guess, it's more a very nice Marriott. We had booked thru Amex FHR and received the two rooms booked and the free breakfast amenity.

We arrived late (before midnight). All customized requests such as bedding, extra beds, etc. had largely been ignored, and it took well over an hour before everything was set up as requested. The rooms and views are fine, in my opinion. We had interconnecting sea-view rooms on a high floor. The rooms themselves were surprisingly worn. The floor tiles in the rooms had large gouges in them (in both rooms), and nothing seemed very crisp. However at the price point, it was acceptable.

Food was passable. The breakfast and room-service offerings were on par with a standard 5 star experience, but nothing amazing at all. The restaurant venue on the ground floor was a bit awkward, as outside dining was directly out towards a busy street and quite small - considering the size of the hotel. The restaurant staff were kind and accomodating, however did not seem particularly well trained, and a very easily confused.

The pool bar service was sufficient, but again nothing out of the ordinary. Most staff seemed a bit disengaged - but did complete their different tasks.

Service at points were a bit odd - like if you need to borrow a european power plug converter you need to sign a waiver and stand at the concierge desk for like 10 minutes before they get the paperwork done. Its value is literally 10 dollars - makes no sense. I did see at least one Clefs d'or - so concierge must be competent.

For a nights sleep going in or out of FLL it's perfectly fine. I would not travel to FLL just to go there.

2  Thank MorganJ
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It doesn’t get better than the Ritz in Ft. Lauderdale! We had a junior suite which was perfect for our family of three as our daughter had her “own room”. We enjoyed an excellent breakfast and the overall experience of the hotel is superior! Our flight departed at 8:40pm and, upon check in, we were offered a late check out at 5pm!!! Parents, you understand how important this is when the normal check out is 11am. We were able to enjoy the beach, the pool and extend our day at this beautiful hotel as a result! I know it’s not always possible, but it is certainly greatly appreciated when it is! We are already reviewing our calendars to see when we are free to return to Ft. Lauderdale and to this beautiful hotel!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank WorldTravelerCO
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've stayed at many Ritz properties as well as Four Seasons , This property has as good as staff as any hotel I've ever stayed at. They went the extra mile no matter how small, Ordered birthday cake for girlfriend and it was tasty and delivered on time. Special Kudo's to Natalie at front desk who went out of her way to make our stay special, also Detlef the concierge and Scott pool bartender all were outstanding. even though we went in slow season outstanding property and highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Go ahead and upgrade for Ocean Front don't cheat yourself !!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LewisMapp
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had such a wonderful time at the Ritz-Carlton in Ft. Lauderdale. We needed a place to stay for one night after a week of cruising with Royal Caribbean. We talked with the concierge and got great advise for a nice dinner. We also did a little shopping before we headed home. Staff was very friendly and would love to stay again when we are in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com