We stayed here for a weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The hotel is gorgeous -- tastefully decorated and wonderfully situated, overlooking the ocean. The staff is attentive and friendly, especially at the pool and in the restaurants, where they cater to your every need. The rooms are HUGE and have every amenity imaginable.
The pool is on the 7th floor, with a balcony that overlooks the ocean. I high recommend getting to the pool early and reserving one of the lounge chairs right at the edge of the glass balcony, facing outward toward the ocean. Lying there gives you the impression that you're lying right on the beach, but you don't have to deal with the sand, or carting everything down to the beach.
We were disappointed with the original room that we were assigned upon check-in (on the 8th floor, one floor up from the pool deck). These rooms are sold as being "ocean front", but they really have an obstructed view (palm trees and a building which houses the elevator leading to the beach). If you want an unobstructed ocean view, ask for a room on the 11th floor or above.
We were reassigned to a room on the 11th floor. The room had a breathtaking view and a beautiful balcony.. But while sitting on the balcony, we were extremely disappointed with the noise level coming from rooftop air conditioning units of the mall next door (the one with the CVS store). It was so loud that we couldn't hear the ocean waves and my wife and I couldn't carry on a quiet conversation while sitting on the balcony. We chose to close the glass doors to block out the sound. This was unfortunate.
Overall, we had a wonderful stay here and we would recommend it highly. Just be aware of some of the quirks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale infuses the Gold Coast with casual luxury as the city's first and only AAA Five Diamond hotel. The 24-story, dramatically tiered and glass walled structure has sweeping curves that are reminiscent of a luxury liner. Design elements recall the 1940's, with artwork that includes playful murals inspired by French artist Jean Cocteau and a 13-foot high mural of a seascape inspired by the 1880 painting, "King Neptune and His Horses." The property features 192 guest rooms and suites; a 2,200 square foot Club Lounge, 24,000 square feet of light-filled meeting space; a 29,000 square foot oceanfront sundeck with an infinity pool and private cabanas; destination Spa with an organic and active-botanical treatment menu and a water-view fitness center. Four dining and entertainment options include the new Via Luna Italian grill with seating indoors or al fresco on an oceanfront patio, the dramatic oceanfront Via Luna Bar, a private Wine Room with a 5,000 bottle wine cellar and a seventh floor Poolside Cafe with commanding ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Splitty, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ritz Carlton
- St Regis Fort Lauderdale
- St Regis Ft Lauderdale