“Affordable, clean,safe”

Ranked #75 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Canada
“Affordable, clean,safe”
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We recently stayed at the Cocobelle for several nights after reading all the good reviews on Tripadvisor. All the reviews were correct in that this place is very clean and well looked after. It is owned by a German couple who keep close watch on what's going on so it is a clean, quiet and a relaxing stay. The taxi from the airport actually costs $27.00 and it is more like a 10-15 minute walk to the nearby store and restaurants and a 7 minute walk to the beach. They will allow you to borrow their beach chairs which is a real bonus! Not that we are picky, however as other reviews pointed out they could go a little more upscale on the toilet paper ( one ply) and also add facial tissues to the rooms. We would recommend this hotel and would consider staying there again on another visit.

Room Tip: Poolside room on main floor is great!
1 Thank livegoodCanada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
North Wales
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I was looking forward to staying at Cocobelle as I like the old family style hotels, but I think we may just have been unlucky in the room we were allocated. From what I could see I think all the other rooms looked out to the pool with a couple of chairs outside, our room was in the corner and had no windows to the pool area and a not great view out of the outside window (and no balcony). The room had good facilites but was ugly ~ tired and old fashioned. We were only there for 1 night prior to going on a cruise so we didn't have a car which I would think is essential as it was quite a walk to the Mall ~ not such a long walk to a cafe for breakfast though. I wouldn't stay here again as I didn't like the location, room or the ambience.

Bear, Delaware
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We didn't have any problems with Cocobelle. Thought it was a cute little place. We had great (WiFi) internet reception. Lots of tv channels and clean floors.
After staying in several other places in the same area, we were pleasantly surprised to find a place that was exactly as described by most who wrote reviews. The best part about the place is that it's clean. That's so important to us. Glad we stayed and will probably try to stay again in the future.

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 March 2011

I just returned from a three night mini stay in Fort Lauderdale with my teenage daughter. I picked Cocobelle Resort based on what I read on Trip Advisor, and I have no regrets. Upon arrival, our room was ready and open. We stayed in a one bedroom unit # 11. The room was tastefully decorated, well stocked and very clean. There was a day bed in addition to the sofa in the living area as well as a rollaway bed in the closet (which we did not need), in addition to a spacious king size bed. The full kitchen was stocked with plates, cups, cooking utensils, coffee maker, toaster, etc. The owner was very accomodating and shared with us places to eat, shop, tips on transportation, etc. The hotel is located off A1A and is a short walking distance from the beach. Although the facility is a bit remote, I did not feel unsafe walking even after dark. The outdoor pool area was relatively small, but the resort is only 16 rooms, so it was very appopriately sized. The grounds were immaculate around the pool area. Price was very reasonable for a one bedroom in comparison to other places in the area. The only big drawback is the internet access is sketchy at best. We were on vacation and it was fine, but if required for business, this would not have been acceptable. I do highly recommend this hotel and will return again if in the Fort Lauderdale area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank tgpenix
england
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Booked this hotel on the strength of reviews on Trip advisor. Stayed here two nights at the start of our holiday. I'm not sure what i think really ,that's the problem,the room could have done with alittle updating, sheets looked a little faded.A/C was very noisey didn't sleep very well because of the noise it made. It rained on the frist day so room didn't get cleaned as we were in the room, we were just offered a change of towels, no' i'll come back later if you like'. Our feet were black at the end of the day walking on the tiled floor. Bathroom was clean and nicely tiled, shower only, no bath not a lot of room to put your toiletries etc and no box of tissues.The toilet paper was the thinnest i've ever come across. There was no full length mirror so couldn't check your look.
Pool was small. There are plastic chairs outside all of the rooms but were on the walk way to all the doors so didn;t feel you could sit and have a drink there. Couldn't park the car in the carpark as full, had to park on the street. All these are little things but i think are important in making a nice impression. I wouldn't stay here again but i don't know why.

Pawtucket
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Thanks to the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor, my husband and I booked our vacation at CocoBelle Resort. This resort is everything that everyone says and more!!! Due to rearranging our dates, we had the good fortune of staying in all three types of accommodations they have... The apartment was simply beautiful! The studio is all that you would need if there were two of you... simply perfect, and the hotel room had everything you would need, with two queen beds! We arrived in the evening and when I saw the pool, I knew this was where I wanted to stay... beautiful! So relaxing! And the visit by the monkeys the next morning while sitting at the pool sipping coffee was exciting! I cannot rave enough about this boutique hotel... 5 minute walk to the beach... all of this for a very reasonable price. I give Cocobelle 10 stars!!! I have already recommend this hotel to many! Thank you Cocobelle for making my first wedding anniversary incredible!

2 Thank savvyonePawtucket
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2011

I have just arrived today from fort lauderdale. I reserved 3 days at the cocobelle resort. I adfter my docking from a 10 day cruise it was amazing. The rooms were spotless . They had the cleaning service clean every day. The owner well he was another matter he was always working aroung the resort to make sure everything was in order .If he saw something that was not right he would make it right. I noticed he is a man who took pride and cared for his customers. If i would go back there yes we would I also had cousins who came with us and we all rated this resort a 10 in our books.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple