“Good Value”

Ranked #74 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
louisville, ky
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

This small motel was well tended, clean, and quiet. It was also very secure with gates, which wee locked at night and guests were given keys for access. The price was extremely reasonable. The beach was a few blocks away; however, restaurants and shopping were further and not really within walking distance. My daughter and I didn't have a car, so we pretty much walked everywhere. That wasn't really a problem, but the general area seemed a little run down with some kind of halfway house or shelter nearby. It fely a little scary walking through the area after dark. I was very satisifed with Cocobelle Resort itself, but wish the location had been better.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank leah w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

fabulous resort small and personal the owner was friendly and told us where we could go for shopping and to eat. he gave us maps and two lovely big fluffy pool towels which he said we could also take to the beach. he accompanied us to the room to check all was in order and put on the air conditioner. Room is large comfortable and well furnished, kingsize bed, single bed, armchair, drawers, occassional table, tv. The ceiling fan is very welcome as is the nice bright light. There is a wonderfully equipped kitchen including a toaster. Coffee, creamer, sugar and sweetener are provided The closet is in a small separate room through which you pass to the bathroom. Shower gel and shampoo are provided as well as facial soap and liquid soap for your hands.and of course towels. Grounds are well landscaped around a lovely secluded pool area with plenty of seating and shade from the sun. Complimentary high speed internet and washer drier were welcomed as we had just returned from a cruise to the Bahamas allowing us to clean our clothes and contact family back in the UK. We had a lovely coupe of days making use of he beach chairs also available free of charge. The beach is a very short walk away. Will definately book here again in the future when in this area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Florida City, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

We were turned down booking a room with two queen seize beds because we wanted to go with three small children. We were told that the hotel's policy was : no more than two children in a room. Very disappointing ! This was the only time this has happened to us in the three weeks we spent travelling in Florida.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Swiss2001
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

The German Lady that operates this property (I am assuming it is family owned) was one of the most helpful and enthusiastic Front Desk/Concierge I have ever encountered in my years of wandering around in different cities. Check In was fast and friendly and we were provided with maps and brochures of several great attractions and dinner recommendations, Most of which had a local flavor or were less touristy (Exactly the type of information I like on my first visit to any city). The property, although an architecturally modest 1950's style 2 story, was impressive due to the clean and flawless presentation. Everything was freshly painted and kept in perfect working order and I could tell that great care had been taken with the landscaping and public areas. Our room was large, comfortable, clean, and well appointed. One of my favorite features was the ceramic tile floors (Easier to keep clean and helps keep the room cool on a hot summer day). The hotel is also within walking distance of the beach and several attractions. I was very impressed and won't hesitate to recommend this hotel to other travelers. Thanks Again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank OnADrift
Port Townsend, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

After seeing revews here, I wanted to try the Cocobelle. We were offered a great summer rate and stayed 4 nights True there isn't daily housekeeping and I wish we'd had a broom to deal with beach sand that we'd tracked in. The dustbuster in the dining area didn't work. I was surprised on the one day when we did have housekeeping that the floors weren't swept and area rugs vacuumed. We only needed to go ask for more coffee, towels and such as we needed them. The manager was so friendly and welcoming, she felt like a friend by the time we left. The pool area is well maintained and has a lush tropical surround lit up beautifully at night. I'd stay again for sure. No problems with the neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
London, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

We had this trip given to us by our employer. Once we found out where we were staying, I then began to look at reviews. Boy was I surprised. When I looked at all reviews I was very impressed at what I was reading. The rooms looked great and a lot of excellent reviews on them. Well ya our room was nice. But.....
We stayed there for 6 days and never once was our sheets changed.( I even marked them ha!) Thanks to the extra bed in our room...we just switch to it after 3 days. Coffee sucked...and you know us Canadians...we love our coffee. Floors( not even the bathroom) were ever swept nor mopped...never vacuumed . no clean beach towels...thanks to bringing my own...but that besides the point. When we arrived.. Ernest the owner greeted us politely, then we went into the office to get keys and billing situated, My husband was trying to joke with him and he wasn't getting it or just not interested I guess. So while trying to show us the map and tell us where the hot spots were another couple had walked in...he completely stopped with us just to check out some guys girlfriend in a bikini and hit on her. So unprofessional...So then kinda hurried through us like we were intruding on his little fantasy or something. He was not very polite. When it came to telling us where the good places were to eat he looked right at me and says...you like Italian food don't you???? Ya I ain't no skinny chicken but don't make it so obvious...JERK!!!! I said EXCUSE ME and we got our key and he showed us to our room.
That was the end of Ernest for me. He would say good morning when we seen him and that was about it. One day on our way out I looked in the laundry room at the front. Well HOLY!!! Ernest comes out of the office and says what are you looking for that is for the employees yours is at the back.. Excuse me for being nosey...if he would've did his job in the first place and showed us around I wouldn't have had to snoop around. Ft. Lauderdale was a great place for our first trip together...beautiful weather and attractions and beaches were fabulous..All that made up for Ernest's ignorance. I guess We hardly were at the room anyway. But we will return...to Ft. Lauderdale, that is.. but i reassure you we will never go back to the Cocobelle. Too bad ...so sad. Oh and if you ever want EXCELLENT PIZZA...Primanti Bros...901 Ft. Lauderdale Blvd. I think we'll be back to Ft. Lauderdale just for the Pizza!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mojo025
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

My boyfriend and I spend Memorial Day weekend at the Cocobelle and our experience could not have been more perfect!
The Cocobelle is 2 blocks from the the beach, which is close enough to walk to everything, yet hidden enough to escape from any madness. The hotel has just 16 rooms and the couple that own it live right on the premesis. They were willing and available to assist us with any needs we had at the hotel. They were all around very accommodating.
Our hotel room had a full living room, kitchenette, bedroom with a king bed, and bathroom. The entire room was completely updated and everything in the room was immaculate. In addition to the room, the pool area was meticulously kept.
Overall, the hotel was an amazing value in a great location with wonderful service and cleanliness, above all. The next time I'm in Ft. Lauderdale I will without a doubt be booking a room at the Cocobelle.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple