“Always fun...never disappointed”

Ranked #2 of 125 Tours in Fort Lauderdale
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Catch a tan on a catamaran! Tropical Sailing is the premiere catamaran company in South Florida. We offer daily public trips in Fort Lauderdale, in addition to private charters throughout South Florida. Consistently ranked #1, we look forward to showing you why sailing is our passion! Come join us on any trip to "Catch the Spirit."
Coconut Creek, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Always fun...never disappointed”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

What a fun experience for all! My husband and I enjoyed the sunset cruise out of Biscayne Bay, and my friends and I did the same cruise to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday. I then tried the sunset cruise out of Fort Lauderdale: once for a friend's 50th birthday and then again with my family. All 4 times...different people...different weather...and 2 different locations and the outcome was the same...an AWESOME experience! The people are friendly and Kai and Mike made it a special point to engage my kids when they went to ensure they had a great experience sailing. Kudos to the entire crew! My only suggestion would be to bring a jacket (yes, even in the summer- it can get chilly) and perhaps a small fabric cooler (nothing too crazy heavy) filled with any specialty items you may want (snacks, beer, wine, etc) They do sell wine and beer on the boat but if you are partial to a particular brand you may want to bring it. I can't wait to go back again. We have only done the sunset cruises but now my kids want to try the earlier 1:00 trip. Enjoy!

Visited August 2014

Franklin, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Relaxing cruise!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

What a great cruise! I wish the boat was a little more upscale, but overall this was a good cruise. Mike and Kai are SO nice and knowledgeable about Lauderdale. Loved hearing about the past and present owners of the mansions we cruised by. The sunset cruise is very nice and offers a great view. Very relaxing! 1 glass (plastic cup) of champagne is included, as are sodas. Decent value, but at $50/each regular price (we had the 2-for-1 coupon, which offers great savings), it would be nice if there was a little more space on board or the boat was in better condition (less leaking; seat cushions would be a great add-on), but overall I would recommend the sunset cruise. The staff and views are amazing! Look for deals and it will be worth it - great memories and photos! :)

Visited August 2014
Boynton Beach, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Good time”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Mike and Ames were great. We had a nice morning trip (9:30 - noon). I'm sure they tell everyone to arrive 45 min. early so they are assured everyone is there, however, I think that's a little excessive. All of the rules are thoroughly reviewed after you're already on the boat. No need to be there so early....there wasn't even anyone there when we got there. That being said, it's a very nice sail. You get to see many star's homes, and they are very knowledgeable about the area. You then go to a snorkeling reef. I've been to quite a few...this one was average, but then again that depends on the weather, sunlight, current, etc. I would recommend them. :)

1 Thank natalie o
Ocala, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Friendly Staff, Peaceful Views”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I took the sunset cruise with Tropical Sailing. The catamaran they use is the Spirit of Ft. Lauderdale. After reading a few reviews on TripAdvisor I decided to sit on the net area for the trip; I am happy I did as it was very relaxing and provided an unobstructed view in front of me for the entire trip.

The boat staff was amazing, walking around helping customers take pictures and making sure you were never thirsty. Bringing your own snacks and drinks is allowed. The boat does have beer, wine and water for sale at a nominal price, while providing complimentary soda and pretzels.

Although this is considered a sunset cruise, because of the angle of the coastline and the buildings the sun is setting behind buildings, so unless there are amazing colors in the sky while the sun sets, it not much of a view. However, the view of the coastline and ocean was very pretty and relaxing.

I would recommend this 2 hour cruise for people traveling alone, couples, groups of adults or families with older children.

In all, I am very happy I chose this activity, it rounded out my latest trip to South Florida.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Splash in the Ocean”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The best part of my trip hands down. I had a great time sailing and just splashing around in the ocean. My first time snorkeling was a success! I would recommend this to anyone and when I come back, I will be sure to do this again and again. Shout out to Mike and Ames, they are very informative and made sure everyone was having a GREAT time. This is top of my list of things to do while in Fort Lauderdale.