“Another Great Stay”
Review of Alcazar Resort

Alcazar Resort
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I'm losing track of the number of times we've stayed at the Worthington/Alcazar/Venice! We've looked at other properties in the area and always come back to the W/A/V as the best. There's always something a little different and new each time. The grounds, pools are beautiful and the rooms clean and well maintained. The atmosphere is fun and relaxed and you can't beat the location. The staff is friendly and helpful. It's definitely our go-to place in Fort Lauderdale!

Room Tip: We haven't stayed at the Villa Venice yet, but we will the next time. My favorite rooms are on t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marc207
There are newer reviews for Alcazar Resort

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was my 7th stay in 5 years, and I could not be any more pleased with the quality of service provided. Jim runs a tight ship, and it is reflective in the rooms, gardens, pools and spa's. He should be very proud of the staff he has compiled. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had a wonderful time. The room was fine and the clothing optional pools and hot tubs were fun. We met lots of friendly men and made new friends. The hotel staff were welcoming and helpful throughout our quick stay.

Room Tip: Recommend ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Loved it.

I was nervous about staying at a clothing-optional resort. I'm "not that kind of gay guy." I don't even know what that means, but that was my immediate reaction to the thought of staying at the Alcazar. As I researched the property and explored the beautiful photos, I decided to go for it.

Turns out, I am that kind of guy. That is, if the "kind of guy" means enjoying a low key, beautiful, relaxed atmosphere. It was not cruisy. It was not a total bathhouse. It was wonderful and open. Just as many men were clothed as nude and in the end all that mattered was what you felt like wearing in that moment. In the hot tub I talked with men about their weddings, their lives back home, and we discussed the Fort Lauderdale scene. Interesting conversations! I swam in one of three beautiful pools daily and basked in lounge chairs. Every employee made me feel welcome and smiled at me, putting me further at ease. The estate is so lush, I rarely never felt the desire to leave and go to the nearby ocean.

Would I go back? Absolutely. Fantastic resort.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Edmond4740
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This was our second time staying at the Alcazar. Once agin, it was a relaxing and great place to stay. The staff was professional, courteous and very friendly. The grounds were welcoming warm and very comfortable. The free shuttle to Wilton Manors on Friday and Saturday nights are a great new addition and happy hour Saturday was great! I highly recommend the Alcazar to everyone

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Every time I return there, owner Jim is always making inprovements to make our stay even more enjoyable.He apparently loves his place and treats it like his own home. His office staff and cleaning staff are well trained and seem to love their job.It is immaculate and caters to us having fun
Happy hour and now free shuttle on weekends to places not close by.I can't say enough about the place!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We've been coming to Ft. Lauderdale for over 10 years and have tried several guest houses, but none can compare to the friendly warm atmosphere that you experience here at the Worthington/Alcazar/ Villa Venice Guesthouse. The grounds and the rooms are always pristine. We see the same staff members from year-to-year, so that suggests that they are content and happy working for Jim.

Room Tip: Variety of rooms to choose from...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
The Grand Resort and Spa
#3 of 35 in Fort Lauderdale
Victoria Park
Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort
Pineapple Point Guest House and ...
#1 of 35 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Alcazar Resort? Share your experiences!