“Thier motto should be do as little as possible to accomodate you.”
Review of Alcazar Resort

Alcazar Resort
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It was my second time at Fort Lauderdale and it would be my last. I was a bit disappointed in my stay at the hotel and the city. I find it to be too expensive for the value of the room. The location wasn't great if you didn't have car. The hotel was far from everything like gay bars, shopping malls, convient stores, restaurants etc. Actually, I find the city to be too spread out. It was also very long walk to Sébastian Beach. It was about 20 minutes. The front staffs were not too helpful. I got impression that they didn't want to be bother by any issues even calling a taxi was a big deal. The breakfest was lousy. We wanted have a late check out and couldn't get it, but still they didn't try to accommodate us in someway which left me feeling a bit sour. Therefore, we had to wait 5 hours at the airport for our flight back home. My suggestion is to go somewhere like Courtyard Marriot which we stay last year and enjoyed it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Jim D, Owner at Alcazar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Some guests you just can not please.. I remember this gentleman, first of all Sebasitian street beach is 5 blocks an 8 minute walk if you take your time, Gallaria Mall is 1/2 mile from the resort, There are restaurants all up and down the beach from fast food to Fine dinning.

We are always helpful calling taxi's offering food suggestions and attractions. Our breakfast is pretty good for a continental breakfast, we hard bioled eggs, yogurt, bagels, bread, granola, rasin bran, OJ and darn good coffee.

This guys whole attitude changed when he came to the office on his check out date and told me he needed a late check out, I explained to him that wasn't possible as the next guest was already here and that he would need to check out at 11:00am. He goes on to tell me that his plane didn't leave until late afternoon and demanded that he be able to stay in his room.
" What do you expect me to do" he stated, I explained that he could bring his luggage to the office, enjoy the day at the pool and then we have a shower in the office for him to get ready for his flight, not much more I could do but certainly not enough for this gentleman. So we did offer a solution to his late departure and when he left we called him a cab. Sometimes I can't believe how some of these reviews twist the truth to get back at us I guess. Most readers will read through a few the reviews and realize somethings not right with reviewer. I think he should stay at the other hotel he mentioned, we certainly won't miss him.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Pride of ownership, Courteous, Professional, Friendly, Clean, Great location....what more could one ask for. This place is great, I give these three resorts the highest of recommendation. Jim & all of his staff exceed expectations. They never disappoint.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was our second time staying at the Alcazar Resort. The staff is great and the property is well-maintained. It's only a block from the beach, we were able to walk to the ocean within a minute. Centrally-located is a short drive to Sunrise Blvd and A1A took us all the way to Miami as well. Breakfast was good to start the day. The room was clean and room service cleans daily without fail. Overall we enjoyed our stay once again and will be back. We met some really nice people and the atmosphere is very laid back, but social. You have access to the entire resort, so you can still walk between the Worthington and Villa Venice. All three have heated pools. The grounds are nicely-maintained as well. Very comfortable here.

Room Tip: We always stay in room 105, simply because it's closest to the on-site gym and laundry room and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry R
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Extremely clean in every way...anticipates guests' wants and needs...always upgrading and making the resort better and better ...friendly staff and guests...office available 22 hours a day.....greathappy hour on Saturdays

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the Worthington Resorts for 7 times now. Jim and his staff always makes the stay a wonderful experience. The people that stay at the worthington are so friendly. Give it a try. You will never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank TarheelDude87
Reviewed 22 April 2014

well another great stay with Jim and his staff. we have been coming here for the pass five years and it keeps getting even better. Like to say thanks to Jay for the great looking grounds and of course the even greater music. Jim you have one of the greatess places to stay in. your staff make feel so at home that it is getting so hard for us to leave and go back home. just wish we could be their more then twice a year. but for now I guess it will have to do. love all of you.

Dave & Ed

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We spent Easter weekend celebrating my partner's birthday. The resort was a friendly place within 2 blocks of the beach. The staff was outstanding. The room comfortable and clean. We look forward to returning many times in the future. This is indeed the place to stay in Ft. Lauderdale!

Room Tip: The Alcazar was the best location in the complex for us. Men our age were housed there and we experi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple