“Rest, relax and meet new friends”
Review of Alcazar Resort

Alcazar Resort
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It's like going to my second home and visiting with family every time I stay at this resort. Beautiful property, friendly staff and very nice accommodations. I love the layout where 3 properties have been combined, giving a choice of environments to enjoy with 3 pools, 2 hot tubs and various social areas providing sun or shade.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I travel roughly 5 weeks a year, mixing it up both here in the states and in Europe. We really love Fort Lauderdale. It's like an old, reliable friend to us. We make a point of visiting at least once a year. It's a sunny, scenic paradise, with plenty of gay life, beautiful beaches, shops, clubs, and a surplus of great food in some of the best restaurants anywhere. After trying out a few other guesthouses when we first discovered Lauderdale, we settled on the Alcazar about 5 yrs. ago. They are simply THE BEST. Reasonable Rates. Clean, nicely appointed Rooms. Friendly Staff. A nice mix of Guests. And Consistently Great Service all around. We have recommended them to friends and other travelers for years now. We just returned last night from a spectacular week there. Since it was the holiday, the hotel also had a nice Memorial Day cookout by the pool, with plenty of food and drinks for the guests. A nice touch. Alcazar is our only choice for accommodations in Ft. Lauderdale. Try them. You won't be disappointed. Mark and Rick in PA.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

First time at Worthington/Alcazar. the staff in the front office a bit odd at first. It's a good place to stay but there are better close by. The breakfast is very basic. Rooms clean and updated. Most of the guys that stay here are over 40 or 50 and friendly. Beds clean and firm a good sleep. The area has many other gay places to stay. The gay bars, shops and restaurants are not close by, but the gay beach is.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Our second trip to Worthington/Alcazar was just as wonderful as the first. The staff is professional, very friendly, and helpful. The complex is painstakingly cared for and covered in tropical plants. The rooms are clean and the complimentary breakfast is a great start to the day. Alcazar is a short two blocks from the Atlantic beaches and several wonderful restaurants. We'll be going back as soon as our plans allow!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I just spent four nights at the Alcazar/Villa Venice/Worthington complex and I would definitely go back (and hope to soon). The staff is great and it's nice to have three pool areas to choose from. I was in Alcazar which was fine, but I would probably try Villa Venice next time as the building looks a little nicer. The continental breakfast and Saturday Happy Hours are really nice and it gets a good mix of guests (men). I do wish there were more dining choices nearby within walking distance, but it's an easy drive to all locations including Wilton Manors, etc. and Ft. Lauderdale certainly is a fun town!

Room Tip: I always stay in top floors to avoid the sounds foot steps.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Johnjx
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I didn't rent a car but was able to walk to nearby restaurants, beaches and shopping. The room was comfortable but I thought the bathroom was dated and in need of renovation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the swimming pools and the tropical landscaping. Great morning breakfast. One recommendation would be to end the thumping dance music earlier and perhaps play something more soothing into the evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not have a speaker hanging outside your room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It was my second time at Fort Lauderdale and it would be my last. I was a bit disappointed in my stay at the hotel and the city. I find it to be too expensive for the value of the room. The location wasn't great if you didn't have car. The hotel was far from everything like gay bars, shopping malls, convient stores, restaurants etc. Actually, I find the city to be too spread out. It was also very long walk to Sébastian Beach. It was about 20 minutes. The front staffs were not too helpful. I got impression that they didn't want to be bother by any issues even calling a taxi was a big deal. The breakfest was lousy. We wanted have a late check out and couldn't get it, but still they didn't try to accommodate us in someway which left me feeling a bit sour. Therefore, we had to wait 5 hours at the airport for our flight back home. My suggestion is to go somewhere like Courtyard Marriot which we stay last year and enjoyed it.

Jim D, Owner at Alcazar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Some guests you just can not please.. I remember this gentleman, first of all Sebasitian street beach is 5 blocks an 8 minute walk if you take your time, Gallaria Mall is 1/2 mile from the resort, There are restaurants all up and down the beach from fast food to Fine dinning.

We are always helpful calling taxi's offering food suggestions and attractions. Our breakfast is pretty good for a continental breakfast, we hard bioled eggs, yogurt, bagels, bread, granola, rasin bran, OJ and darn good coffee.

This guys whole attitude changed when he came to the office on his check out date and told me he needed a late check out, I explained to him that wasn't possible as the next guest was already here and that he would need to check out at 11:00am. He goes on to tell me that his plane didn't leave until late afternoon and demanded that he be able to stay in his room.
" What do you expect me to do" he stated, I explained that he could bring his luggage to the office, enjoy the day at the pool and then we have a shower in the office for him to get ready for his flight, not much more I could do but certainly not enough for this gentleman. So we did offer a solution to his late departure and when he left we called him a cab. Sometimes I can't believe how some of these reviews twist the truth to get back at us I guess. Most readers will read through a few the reviews and realize somethings not right with reviewer. I think he should stay at the other hotel he mentioned, we certainly won't miss him.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
#1 of 3 in Wilton Manors
Cheston House Gay Resort
Cheston House Gay Resort
#17 of 35 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Alcazar Resort? Share your experiences!