This is my second visit to the Worthington, Alcazar, Villa Venice Resort complex.
This is my second review on this site, so forgive me if I miss stuff out. Learning curve and all that!
The place is great fun. Relaxing, loud, restful, exciting. Yes contradictory I know! But, it is big enough to be all those things and still keep a family run charm about it with the connecting layout of the three resorts.
Shout out to thank my Quebecian friends for such a great time. I already miss Rosie's great wraps, Alibi buy one get one free beers, and I am sure I am not old enough to return to Trops for good few years! Oh sorry doing holiday stuff.....back to Alzr....
So I have stayed at the Alcazar both times and really like the space and atmosphere it has.
I am not sure any one of the three pool areas are more "lively" than the other, it just depends on the group of people and flow of refreshments. The more drink, the more people, the more noise. Its a holiday!
The Worthington and Villa pools are both heated and in the evening they are great fun to relax in, especially after a night out. Everyone seems to end up in one of the two pools.
The Alcazar pool is not heated and in the mid day sun it is so refreshing.
The rooms are clean, beds made every day etc. Towels / toiletries provided in the plenty.
Handy washer and dryer for your clothes in the Gym.
It is not far from the beach, about 2 minutes in flip flops. And the gay beach, is few minutes extra.
On Saturday they have a soirée (4-6pm). Music was good with remixed dance tracks. The mixing of strangers is great, and people happily seem to do the obligatory "where r u from" and it goes from there. Nice tradition. Staff are very helpful and friendly.
I had a great time and really look forward to visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alcazar resort is centrally located to all Gay Fort lauderdale Nightlife. Walk to the popular Sebastian St. Gay Beach. Two blocks from the W Hotel thats has fine dinning and breath taking views from the bars. All rooms at the Alcazar have undergone renovations that started in early 2009. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Alcazar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alcazar Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Alcazar Resort Fort Lauderdale