“True Italian Dining!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Had the opportunity to dine here on Riverwalk last night in Fort Lauderdale, what a lovely experience everything from the wine through to dessert!
We started the evening with the roasted octopus and asparagus soup. The soup was perfectly seasoned and the octopus had a very nice mint and mandarin flavor that was unexpected and delicious.
I had the salmon cooked rare and it melted in my mouth! The white cream sauce and veggies it was served on were a very nice compliment. I got to try the mussels in a white wine sauce and the shrimp and spelt pasta.. Both were wonderful. I really don't have enough good things to say about this new Italian restaurant. The owner even came by our table to make sure everything was enjoyable, his Italian heritage shined through and it was easy to tell how knowledgeable he was about each dish.
To end the amazing evening we each had a glass of prosecco and shared 3 of the desserts, the Torta di Ciocolato (appropriately named death by chocolate) being my favorite.
Obviously I can't wait to go back and highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves a true Italian dining experience

1  Thank courtney p

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Spotted Canale on a morning stroll on the river walk in downtown at the west end of Las Olas Blvd. Made a 3 person dinner reservation for 7:30 pm. Great location, good in door and patio seating. Gracious host/owner (Franco) prides himself on utilizing locally sourced fresh ingredients. Three orders of the Canale salad were excellent. Nice mix of greens. For mains we had two orders of Picatta Dinne (tender slices of veal in a lemon caper sauce) and one order of Beef tenderloin which was a large cut, perfectly cooked to order, tender and flavourful. Dishes were served with nicely cooked fresh veggies. The fingerling potatoes were exceptional. Wine list is varied and very reasonably priced. For dessert we shared a creme Brûlée (excellent texture and flavour), a chocolate mousse and a lemon Chantilly. All were generous portions and good value priced. The wait staff are knowledgeable and friendly. Washrooms spotless and well appointed. A definite place to repeat. A much better value dining choice than many of the touristy Las Olas options. A pleasant treat. Do it!

1  Thank Ted M
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Beautiful restaurant situated on the New River. Lovely atmosphere inside and out. Food was delicious. We started with the caprese-lovely tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. I had pasta with braised short rib ragu and my husband had the beef sirloin filet for our main course. The service was friendly and knowledgeable. We can't wait to return!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was the first time I ate at a restaurant on its first day open (3/1). I was with a party of 4 and we didn't know Canale had just opened until our waiter greeted us and we asked what was good. The location along the river is beautiful and the decor of the restaurant reflects the right "vibe" for the area. The food was generally good,the pasta was excellent as was the pizza. There's a very nice bar. The waiter could have been more experienced in the art of serving but hopefully it was just opening day jitters.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We waited 45 minutes for an appetizer and the restaurant was only 5% full. Food was almost inedible – my husband would not eat his main meal, and, hungry as I was, I stopped halfway through mine. The location was very nice, right by the canal. However, I would not recommend this to anyone, even for a drink. We had to ask three times to get our wine to the table.

1  Thank Angler F