“Beautiful home away from home.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Entrance
Entrance
Poolside
Sun Chairs
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
tannyfoo
Grand Cayman
“Beautiful home away from home.”
Reviewed 29 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

This was a beatiful vacation home. We were a couple with two kids and grandparents in tow and this was perfect for us. The pool was a shared pool with two other vacation homes but everybody was respectful. Plenty of parking space and keypad security locks at the entrance gate which is great. The only minor things, if I have to think of something, is there was no kettle (us Brits love our cups of tea!) and the pool was right outside the entrance door, which we were a bit nervous about with very small children. Otherwise a lovely place and assistance was to hand at all times - Elisabeth allowed us to move a couple pieces of furniture around to cater for small children, which we were very grateful for. We would definitely be interested in returning if we holiday in the area again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Gems4u22
Phila
“Paradise in Ft Lauderdale”
Reviewed 20 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

I don't know what else to say about this place except for Incredible. From the moment you enter until the minute you leave, which was hard, and I must say a BIG thank you to Matt, as we loved it so much we extended our stay 2 different times for a total of 3 more days, and if new people weren't coming in I may still be there. But its immaculate there, so clean and tidy, which is huge for us. Matt had everything we needed, from the towels to shower to towels to sit by the pool. The grounds are beautiful, well landscaped and decorated with beautiful flowers, it was just paradise. Quiet surrounds so you can relax at the pool, which was awesome as well.. the pool was warmed/heated at all times as Matt has a great solar heating system installed. We travel to Ft Lauderdale a lot and stayed in hotels until this trip and I must say, I will never go to another hotel again, unless Matt is booked and we cant get in. We stayed in the 3 bedroom unit, there was enough room for 8.
We are heading back in July, hoping to rent out all of the units and make it a family trip, hoping Matt can squeeze us in!
Matt, I had to give you and your place a GREAT review, but against my better judgement, reviews like this can make the best kept secret no longer a secret and we'll never get back in. We usually head out every night while in Ft Lauderdale, but with the BBQ set up, Big Louies pizza delivery and publix and the Wine and Spirit shop 1 block away, we didnt budge.
My tips to others going here...
1) Be social with your neighbors, we had the pleasure of staying with Matts family, they were a BLAST and we made GREAT friends with wonderful Canadian couple Paul and Gail, we all had dinner and happy hour together nightly and it REALLY worked out.. so have fun with people while there. (Paul's never getting rid of me, Shirl and Cathy were awesome friends)
2) The wine and spirits shop is GREAT, such a cheese selection, I called it the cheese store. .If you're a cheese and pepperoni on cracker type of person, this place is a MUST!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything. The pool, the peace and quiet and the great people we met.
Liked least: Nothing not to like. I mean that!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
chitowncp...
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A tropical oasis close to everything!”
Reviewed 1 March 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

The Garden is an ideal location, within easy walking distance to Publix, Walgreens, and other stores. The 3 bed/2 bath house is large; although I traveled solo, I entertained family and friends from the frozen North throughout my stay and there was more than enough room for everyone. I stayed almost 5 weeks and wish it could have been longer.
It was with curiosity and some apprehension that I signed up for a vacation rental after staying in Ft. Lauderdale hotels for several years. But this was my first experience as a genuine snowbird; I would be staying for too many weeks to flip for a hotel. On the other hand....what if I needed help with something? I wouldn't be able to phone the front desk. Enter Matt, the property owner and manager. He proved to be everything I hoped for: a true concierge, as well as an owner who rolls out the welcome mat for his guests in exemplary fashion and resolves problems without delay. He helped my houseguests and I with everything from finding a health club, a dry cleaner, or a car wash, to where to have a casual brunch after a morning spent shopping at Galleria Mall. Matt always provided the answers with aplomb.
The property is deserving of the accolades of other guests' reviews: it is quiet, has a beautiful heated pool (yes, we swam in January), lush gardens, and a fantastic location. You are close to downtown and Las Olas, Wilton Manors, scores of restaurants, Galleria Mall, and of course, the beach. At The Garden, I met visitors from all over the world, who created a sense of community not found in a hotel. It's a perfect place for making wonderful memories that you'll have for the rest of your life.

Liked best: Property management
Liked least: That I had to go home
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Aconaria
Tampa, Florida
“Beautiful,Quiet and Clean :)”
Reviewed 22 December 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

Great owner! He really takes care of his property inside and outside. Would stay there again and recommend it to others :)

Travelling group: Extended Family
23 Dec 2014
Thanks so much, Adriana. It was great to meet your family and I am so happy that you were able to come down and show off the new baby!!! Please come back anytime you like. You and your family were great! Matt
rjhoran
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“Beyond Expectations”
Reviewed 12 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

The hospitality and graciousness of the host was greatly appreciated. It would be difficult to make the accommodations and our stay any more perfect than it turned out to be. The feeling of privacy in the middle of a major city was a surprise, as was the ability to have shopping within easy walking distance. What might be called the "little things" the host incorporated into the preparing the unit (landscaping, interior decorating, pool side accessories, master bedroom with bath, dinning table expandable to seating 8, etc.) made it feel like a real vacation. There wasn't any thing that I can think of that was bad. The presence of the salt water pool immediately outside the front door allowed for a pleasant and refreshing swim in the morning. It was the perfect place for an extended family get together over a long weekend. It was exceptional value for the cost.
Thanks again Matt for your hospitality and graciousness in working with us as we struggled to find the dates that would work for us. You were co accommodating that it made it a pleasurable experience from the initial contact to the day we departed.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy afforded in a residential neighborhood.
Liked least: Nodt a thing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
22 Sep 2014
Thank you, Bob.
It was a pleasure to meet you and your family. I am glad you all enjoyed your stay! You are welcome back any time. I hope to see you all again soon.
72taurus
Oslo, Norway
“Relaxing place to stay, for all ages!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

A very nice place to stay for the whole family!
We har the apartment with 3 bedrooms, who was a perfect size for our family of 5. (With kids aged 3-7-17).The owner and the property manager was very helpful before and under our stay. We felt wery welcome here from the both of them.
The garden has a very good wifi all over the place and is an well equipment apartment.
Just a short walk to the nearest store. Only 5-7 minuts drive to the nearest beach. And 30 minuts drive from sawgrass mills.( other malls are closer).
Quiet neighborhood, and a perfect house to rent for the holiday.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
11 Sep 2014
Thanks so much!
It was a pleasure to have you as a guest!!! We hope to see you again soon.

Paul S
Buffalo, New York
“Exceeded expectations in many ways”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Let me start by saying that I’ve invested a lot in my own home out of an appreciation for nice surroundings. With that said, this rental exceeded our expectations in many ways. The house itself is completely renovated, nicely furnished and spotless. The attention to detail became more apparent with each passing day we were there. The kitchen is well stocked with all items you need (and often forget). Towels, bedding, etc.. were also brand new and of nice quality.

The location was ideal for trips to the beach or downtown. After each outing it was nice to retreat to the quiet surroundings of this house and the most of all, the salt water pool! I somewhat dismissed the availability of a pool when looking at rentals. I figured it was not very important because we planned to spend a lot of time at the beach. It turned to be a great source of relation and enjoyment.

The central location was also convenient for practical reasons. It was nice to have a Publix market within walking distance. Each morning I would get up, walk to the store for newspaper and breakfast items for that day. We also sampled many of the restaurants that are close by. There was a guide book the owner put together that provides good insight in to local favorites.

To summarize it all, this house provided my family with a very pleasant and enjoyable stay for our vacation in Florida. I would not hesitate to recommend it to others and am anxious to return. The unique layout of 3 individual rentals in a private setting has us thinking about a combined vacation with extended family.

Travelling group: Other
16 Jun 2014
Thanks so much, Paul. It was such a pleasure to meet you and your family, and to have you as guests. You are welcome back any time!
Matt
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;