Sun Tower Hotel & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Fort Lauderdale Beach Inn(Fort Lauderdale)
Lafayette Motel(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
Casitas Coral Ridge(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Coconut Bay Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
All reviewstuna towersandbar grilleocean frontflatbreadoceanfront king suitehear the wavessmall hotelfish tacosbeach chairs and umbrellasrestaurant downstairson site restaurantthe ground floorliving areaprivate beachthe atlantic oceancloser to the beachfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The staff at SunTower are great. They are very accomandating. The rooms are VERY nice and clean and right on the beach! we've been here two years in a row and they have done many updates. They also have free parking, provide towels for the pool/ beach and beach chairs and umbrellas.
There is also a nice Sandbar Grille to eat at with reasonable prices.
You will love it here!
We"ll be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Right next to the beach this hotel is the ideal option for a relaxing break. With a view of the ocean sitting on the balcony, there is nothing more to wish for. Rooms are large and clean and the beds are excellent. Only min was the quality of breakfast in the restaurant.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank fcbluppie2
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We've stayed at the Sun Tower for our summer vacation for the last 5 years and have always had a good experience. Great staff, large ocean view suites, and fantastic prices. But this year we did not have a good experience. The suite was not as clean as it always has been in the past, and the room needed some maintenance. I can deal with all that, but couldn't deal with the baby cockroaches that we found crawling all over the kitchen when we woke for a midnight snack. I killed about 7 of them, and more got away. I also killed one crawling up the living room wall behind the sofa bed. We had to check out and find a new hotel. The management said they had not had a complaint of roaches in any of their rooms before so maybe this is a new problem that they can get a handle on right away?? There was also a family having some type of party in the room directly below us. They had about 30 people on their patio, which was directly below our balcony. They were not loud or bothersome, but it was not relaxing or peaceful sitting on our balcony with 30 people right under us. Last year the room was in better shape, but we did find a large spider int the room and our A/C was out for an entire day. It's a shame because we love this hotel, and always considered it our home away from home. We also love the management, there and are confident that they will take care of the issues. We'll try it again next year, and report back then.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank sun-in-the-city
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Great location. Friendly staff. Nice rooms. Quaint but roomy with lots to do. Love the bar/restaurant on the patio overlooking the beach. Perfect for groups !

Room Tip: Rooms are beachy, nice, clean, all with ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I booked a 3 night stay although wanted a 4th night but they were booked. When I did speak with the man I asked him to put me on a list to be called if the fourth night opened up. I booked pretty far in advance, which is a must for the best rate. The room was $84 a night.....unbelievable price! When we checked in i asked if there were any cancellations and the women at the front desk said yes there was and the price was $179! I said what....but when i booked it was more then half that. Apparently it was the last room so she said she could give it to me for $159. So i took it. When we arrived and got into our room I thought 'wonderful'! I was a little sea sick looking out the window as you are so so close to water. Yes it is a small hotel but very charming. Rooms were clean and spacious! The pool was a little small but clean. That night after going to bed I woke at about 1 am in a sweat! The air conditioner was putting out warm air! The air conditioners in the room are 'window/portable' units, not central air. When we called the man downstairs he said there was nothing he could do. He proceeded to tell my husband that the hotel was booked solid and had no back up plan for this kind of situation. Ok, I know things happen but goodness we are in Florida with 90 degree heat! He then said he could get us a room next door at the Pelican Grand but we would have to pay for it! I was like no way! After he 'vented' to my husband about the hotel not having an operational back up plan he got us a room courtesy of The Suntower. So at 2 in the morning my husband is carrying my 7 year old and me with the luggage to our 'new' room. The next morning we were off early for my daughters gymnastics and were told the AC would be replaced. When we got back it was not fixed so again had to move to another room within the Suntower. The AC units really need to be looked at, I am not an expert but I do not think the size of the room fits the size of the AC unit. I spoke with Christine the manager , the next day who was very accommodating. She really did try to make the situation right but it was hard for me because this was our vacation! Like I said this is a small hotel, 27 rooms I think and a small pool. On the Saturday of our stay we awoke to some hustle and bustle at the pool. Apparently someone had booked some rooms and were having a birthday party. No big deal, right? Well no. First of all there are no smoking signs posted all over the pool area and hotel property but there were plenty of smokers around the pool. Also there was a sign that said occupancy 20 in the pool....there was more like 40. And lastly...they put up a stereo system with speakers and of course played the music they wanted so....if you did not like salsa music..too bad! Staff were walking around the pool area and simply ignored the smoking. By the next morning no signs of a party so I wonder how many actually paid for rooms. When we did check out the women at the desk lowered my last night to $139 for all the inconvenience of the AC and room switching.
If you want an ocean front location and a so-so room then this is the place for you. The afternoon sun is limited as it is hidden by the tall buildings. Parking is ridiculous. There Is a restaurant on site, beachfront, so a lot of spots are takin by the restaurant patrons. All other spots are on a meter which you have to make sure it doesn't run out or you will get ticketed until 11pm. Internet is $5 a night in your room. Beach chairs and umbrellas are free from like 9-5. And no later then 5. We were actually asked to get out of the chairs at 5.
I would probably give this hotel a 3.5 out of 5. Not sure if we will go back. I would like to give it another try as it is such a great location and quaint hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family