We read the reviews for this place before we booked and could tell that it was going to be good value for money, as we would have normally expected to pay more for the location. The reviews convinced us that there was no need to pay any extra money for a place to stay in Fort Lauderdale as this place was entirely acceptable. We found this to be true.
The hotel is situated in a pleasant and quiet area of Fort Lauderdale and right on the beach which was a huge plus. When we arrived, the downstairs area beyond the pool that leads to lifts and the beach looked rather shabby and run down. Our advice is to overlook this initial, negative impression as everything else is of a good quality for the money and very clean. If the shabby area at the back could be smartened up then the whole place would look a lot more attractive and appealing to visitors. We felt very safe there and it was so good to have that ocean view from our room. The beach area available for customers staying at the Sun Tower seems to be much bigger than for those staying at the larger, more up-market hotel next door and the Sun Tower provides plenty of beach towels,loungers and umbrellas free of charge for use on the beach.
Some front desk people were particularly helpful and friendly. The rooms were well-prepared and clean for our arrival and were far better quality than one might anticipate from the outside. We were very pleased with the room itself. The hotel is much cheaper than many in a similar location and the room's presentation and view make this hotel very good value for money to stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fort Lauderdale's Premiere boutique style hotel, located DIRECTLY on 350 ft of private beach, offers 23 NEWLY RENOVATED oceanfront suites and standard accommodations with private balconies. Enjoy our Sandbar Grille located on our expanded oceanfront terrace or relax by our heated pool. Lounge chairs & umbrella's are provided along with complimentary use of kayaks and paddleboards. Self parking on property is available for no additional cost. There is nothing between you and beach when you stay at Sun Tower Hotel & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sun Tower Hotel & Suites on the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tower Hotel And Suites On The Beach
- Sun Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Sun Motel Fort Lauderdale