“A True Gem”

Sun Tower Hotel & Suites
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We needed a little R&R after a wedding in Miami before heading to Orlando. We usually stay in large hotels, but after reading the reviews, I really wanted to stay here. My husband and I along with our 11 and 9 year old daughters stayed at the Sun Tower for 3 days and we are so happy that we did. Our room was on the first floor. The room was clean and a nice size, and the balcony was huge. We were right next to the restaurant so we were able to sit on our balcony and order food and drinks and have everything passed to us. The beach was beautiful and clean. Although the pool was small, it was clean and surrounded by palm trees and tropical flowers. Once we were the only ones in the pool and someone from the staff got some boogie boards and a raft for our girls to use. He told us to help ourselves to them whenever we wanted to. The food in the restaurant was very tasty and the specials they ran were great. The staff was helpful and friendly. The worst part was saying good-bye. We vow to go back within a year. The only thing that needs improvement is the WiFi.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank LorHilRey

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night before going on a week long cruise. We actually wish we stayed at the hotel instead! The staff was so friendly and helpful. The rooms had amazing views. The pool was so relaxing and peaceful. The beach was perfect- not crowded and comfortable FREE chairs and umbrellas. We have already booked our next vacation here in September! Shout out to Chris and John for being so welcoming to us!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Khstevens
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for a week in a suite on the 3rd floor with a fantastic view over the ocean. This is a 3* hotel with a 7* view and 5* service. Suite (roomy with kitchenette) and bathroom (small) was clean and there was nothing to complain about. Service at this hotel was outstanding and they were very helpful in all matters. Only tried the restaurant /bar twice, but it was good both times. There was always free parking available outside the hotel. Pool is nice and the beach is nice an clean.
Cannot wait to back again.. :-)

Room Tip: Perhaps, if you are a family with kids go for the 1st floor that have terraces facing the ocean. I a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Sweedie55
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very friendly people at the desk,whenever we called to ask questions or to get something fixed they did whatever in a timely manner.
We had some difficulties with the net,it was a charge of 15 dollars a day so we expected the speed to be pretty decent but the net would frequently stop things had to reload etc,this was our means of keeping in touch with family in the Caribbean.
The air conditioner went out but maintenance promptly replaced it and the new worked great.
We had a special rate which included a free American breakfast,but we had to go to the front desk daily to ask for them 2 of the 3 days we were there.
The views and the location are incredible and cant be beat.The lounge chairs are sturdy and quite comfortable on the beach as well as the umbrellas providing plenty of shade for those of us not wanting to tan.
The Sandbar grill down stairs was good,decently priced and convenient so we didn't eat out anywhere else plus we sat outside on the beach with a cool breeze at night it was so romantic why would any pay an up charge somewhere else for the same great view plus we both could drink and neither one of else had to drive we only had to take the elevator back upstairs.
I read other reviews where there were complaints of the elevator being slow but we never experienced this.
The room is as the pictures others have posted. We had a king suite 961 which is a corner suite on the 6th floor and loved the views. Having a fridge and freezer were also nice as we bought a big container of frozen yogurt at the store to enjoy .You aren't far from a Publix grocery store and Walmart is about 7 miles away.
One other note,I noticed some said that the first floor room balconies were not private,while this is true I saw people making good use of them the lady who had hers next to the Sand Bar Grill sat on her balcony and the waitress has handing her over more beers and then her food order so that was really convenient plus the decks on those 2 rooms are so large that they have the big lounge chairs on them which were quite comfortable. Our deck on the 6th floor was very nice but also very small so it had to upright chairs and a tiny plastic table/foot rest.

Room Tip: We loved our king suite and felt it was well worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a room on the first floor just steps from the beach with 2 queen-size beds, microwave, fridge and very large shower. All rooms have a beautiful full ocean view plus a balcony or patio. Walls are thick for a quiet night's sleep. Our room was next to the cafe/bar, but we heard no sound from there except when we were on the patio. There was also no overhead noise. The on-site cafe is reasonably price and has great food. Two things bothered me about the Sun Tower. . One is that I thought all hotels in this day and age had free WIFI, but here it will cost you $5 a day. The second is a warning - do not open the water bottles left in the room or it will cost you $3.50 each. Luckily as soon as we arrived, I noticed the seals were broken on ours so escaped getting charged. If I return to Ft. Lauderdale, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cjnky
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Sun Towers rocked! We got a suite and were thrilled. Waking up to the sound of the ocean and beautiful sunsets was incredible. The suite gave us extra space and a functional kitchenette.

The Sandbar restaurant was a nice addition onsite. We are every meal there. Some things were better than others, but all were good. Got the oysters Rockefeller and it had a bit too much cheese, great wings,
Great salads, breakfast bowl
was awesome. One bummer was no liquor license, but they have this wine "vodka" that worked well in frozen drinks. Awesome drink specials depending on the day.

The beach was beautiful and super clean. Umbrellas and lounge chairs set up and ready to go every morning.

We didnt use the pool, but it was very clean and landscaped nicely. It was busy with other people who seemed to be loving it.

Staff were nice and helpful. We had an issue with out a/c one day and they fixed it promptly.

Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank funkluvah
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I've worked in the hotel industry for about 10 years and I know what I'm looking for when I stay in a hotel. The King Suite is clean and comfortable, and the AC blows cold. Water pressure is perfect, all appliances work and I sat on the balcony for hours enjoying the ocean. The restaurant has great food, I had the Lobster Benedict, Continental and French Toast and it was all excellent. Monday was half price Mimosas which I took full advantage of. My mom enjoyed her daiquiri and snacked on the pita and hummus. She wasn't sure what the extra sauce was (tahini?) but loved it. The pool area is awesome, always has sunny and shady areas, great lounge chairs and plenty of clean beach towels available.

But what really makes this property amazing is the staff. We met Carlos when we checked in, super nice, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We had a slight issue and Carlos fixed it in seconds. Angel (I think) in the restaurant was great, great service and kept my Mimosa's coming without me even asking. But Chris the night manager is above and beyond the best hotel employee I've met. I met him the first night we checked in, my mom had an issue with the TV a couple times (multiple remotes confuse her) and he went up each time and fixed it no problem. When I came back later that night he already knew my name from talking to my mom and we instantly struck up a conversation. The next night I had a serious issue and he fixed it in minutes while helping other guests. The last night I was there I ended up chatting with him for almost an hour and we just talked about our hotel experiences. What a great guy, employee and person. I wish every hotel had employees like him.

Like I said I can't think of a negative thing to say about Sun Tower, I could've said our shower handle was loose but they fixed it while we were there and we didn't even say anything! This place offers service and great rooms and a great rate. I can't wait to stay here again, I wish it was sooner. Thank You Sun Tower!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family