“Great tasty breakfasts”

Sun Tower Hotel & Suites
Reviewed 28 December 2010

This place is right on the beach and is simply amazing. It was recently refurnished and it is a very comfortable place to stay. The pool is sizable enough, but being right on the beach, there isn't really a need for a swimming pool. There are other larger facilities on the beach, but we were happy that we choose the smaller, more personal location for our holiday.

Looking out onto the beach there is a small restaurant / bar, and we spent many happy hours there. Their breakfasts really hit the spot, try their Lobster Benedict for a treat.

Our room was nice and clean and fresh and big enough. We will be going back again !

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 December 2010

My family stayed at the Sun Tower Hotel for 3 nights in June 2010. We were very impressed with the size of the suite when we first walked in. The balcony view of the ocean was beautiful. The kitchenette was also very useful. The pool was nice, deep, and never crowded. We ate at the Sandbar Grille at the hotel twice, once for dinner, and once for breakfast. The food was pretty good, but kind of expensive, our bill for dinner for 4 adults and 1 child was around $70.

One negative experience we had was having to get new sheets the first night because they appeared to be dirty. The person at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating in assisting with this issue. I also felt that the bathroom, mainly the floor could have been a little cleaner. It would also be nice if the wicker furniture was painted or replaced. The mattress was also kind of worn and needed replacing. Overall I would say that this hotel is a great value for the location. This was my second time visiting Fort Lauderdale, and if I ever go back I would definitely stay at the Sun Tower again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2010

For some reason, I am unable to get anything but "5" to show up on the ratings for this hotel. I'd rank it a 3 overall... with 3s in every other category except cleanliness which I'd give it a 4. I checked in around 10pm and received a room away from the main building. The receptionist (who forgot to give me back my credit card and driver's license - and didn't return it 'til the next morning), described my room as "an after-thought." It was big, with wood floors, a very comfortable bed, flat screen with basic cable and a small refrigerator and microwave with coffee and tea. Being right next to the office, I was worried the room might be noisy in the morning but it wasn't. It also had a cathedral ceiling but no balcony but if I looked past the parking lot, I could see a glimpse of the ocean from my window. The hotel is surrounded by giant properties that are more residential than hotels... It's extremely quiet, with nothing in walking distance except the beach. So I think it's perfect for seniors or those who can't afford a really nice place but still want to be on the beac.h. Given the amazing deals at 4-star properties just a mile or two inland, you definitely have to want the beach experience to stay in a 2.5/3 star place instead. Their back patio and pool are nice. I'd definitely consider it - for the $89 AAA rate, but I don't think it's worth one penny more. While parking is free, they charge $5 for internet and the "lobby" makes you feel like you're checking into a flea-bag no-tell motel... once you get past that, it's much better...

Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2010

We were VERY impressed with our "find". The hotel staff were so friendly and helpful The food at the Grille was bettter than we had on our cruise. The BEST Pina Coladas I have ever tasted! The location is RIGHT on the beach, and I mean RIGHT on the beach. The only negative comment I have is of our experience on a local bus. I would recommend NOT taking public transit during suppertime rush hour.
Overall this hotel was much more than we anticipated, and we will definately be back!

Reviewed 10 December 2010

We made our reservations well in advance, mostly due to the recommendations on trip advisor.
The hotel is not a B&B as no breakfast was included in the price.
We paid for Oceanfront King Room
Spacious accommodation with one King bed and panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and a private oceanfront balcony. Mini refrigerator and microwave and was upgraded into a one room suit on the ground floor that was next door to the SandBar Grille. Every customer to the grille looked directly into our bed room. If we wanted any privacy we had to close the curtains and give up our view.
We asked them for a downgrade to the room we paid for and were denied, they said it was their option to put us in any room they wanted to.
BE SURE TO GET A ROOM AWAY FROM THE SANDBAR GRILLE.
NOT HAPPY WITH THE B&B
This an old hotel that could use some bathroom remodeling

Reviewed 6 December 2010

My husband and 3 children stayed at this hotel for weekend to celebrate my daughters 16th birthday. The hotel staff is very helpful and accommodating, rooms are beautiful and well appointed. Good location and great room rates. We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2010

i can compare the hotel and its personnel with our stay at Sandals Montego Bay Honeymoon Suite.......and I was more pleased ($) and also with the professionalism of Amanda, Chris, the two food servers (forgot namess) and also the young gentleman that did a 5 star job in meeting our wants and needs......we will be back....Jim and Theresa...I hope they get a liquour license, but then the prices will go up......but it is a diamond shining on a fantastic strip of the Atlantic Ocean...................all in all the owner is to be commended on doing a fantastic job in design and workmanship of a 5 star small hotel project.......thanks for having us as your guests.......