“Not like before”

Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We used to go to this restaurant few years ago..the food was decent,never outstanding (who gives 5 stars to this restaurant? owner's family? friends? )anyhow it was clean and the service prompt.yesterday after many yrs we went back and oh boy how things have changed...we order ropa vieja...the rice was ok..the beans had no taste at all and the meat.....wow .the meat !..it tasted like it had been soaked in lime or lemon for days..you could not taste any meat at all.We told the manager, after we left the meat almost intact, she ignored our complaint and reluctantly paid the whole bill(!) ..and... we'll never go back to this place.

1  Thank John A
ClentS, Manager at Don Arturo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

As New Owners of Don Arturo Restaurant and the review coming at the exact transitional period of ownership we apologize for any discrepancies in service of any kind. We assure you that the Don Arturo Restaurant has been and will be deserving of any honest review given and does not solicit nor request any reviews from friends, family or otherwise. Upon managerial investigation of this particular review, myself being a 20 year veteran of Law Enforcement and former DHS Instructor, have concluded that this review is unjustified and malicious as when the complaint was made 2 managers, one server, one cook, and the spouse of the complainant who ordered the same menu did not make the same observations. Thank you

There are newer reviews for Don Arturo

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Wonderful little restaurant which is never packed when I've gone. They're food is wonderful. I'm Cuban and cook a lot at home and when I go out and try to find true Cuban food its difficult because people label their food as Cuban but most times its Colombian or something else with seasonings we typically don't use. This place is the real deal. The tamale/pork appetizer is to die for. The black beans and white rice are so good I wanted to bring some home. Try it- you'll be won over.

1  Thank Theresa A
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

Recommended by friends and now recommended by us. Our 1st experience with Cuban food and we couldn't have picked a better one. Family owned since 1970. A family run business and " home styled food". Very good and nicely flavoured. We tried the pork as well as shredded beef. Tasty and very well priced. The meals came with rice and black beans. More than enough to satisfy. The manager " Justin " was our server as well and was very personable and fun to banter with. Recommend highly and we will definitely visit again as we pass through Fort Lauderdale.

1  Thank HavnfunOntario
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Comfortable family run restaurant with great dishes and good service. Reasonable prices for Cuban specialties.

1  Thank vacationer612
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I came to this restaurant for the first time back in the 70's. I thought I should return and check it out. I enjoyed the black beans and rice as well as the plantains. The pork tenderloin was very good..as remembered. The steak palamillo was just OK....better in my memory. The place is very casual with a feeling of yesteryear. I would say it was worth the trip but not one of my top choices in the area.

2  Thank 4201BBB