“Great Food, Great Service”
Review of Don Arturo

Don Arturo
Ranked #437 of 1,340 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The food is very typical Cuban food. The maduros are sweet and delicious. Go outside your comfort zone and order typical Cuban good. The Ropa Vieja is wonderful. Have it with white rice and black beans. Try the pork chunks or the chicken chunks, both are delicious. End it with a cuban coffee and enjoy the rest of the day at Hollywood beach, which is 10 minutes away. Go before 4PM and enjoy the lunch special prices. The portions are the same size so be ready to being home leftovers.

There are newer reviews for Don Arturo

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Was in town for business. Figured since I was so close to Miami I could find a good Cuban restaurant. Wow, was I surprised by this place. Business was slow but had a nice sized homey dining room. I am not an expert on Cuban food but compared to the 4 or 5 places I have eaten at in my hometown of Houston this place was outstanding. I was by myself but wanted to try an appetizer of Fried Yucca. Received a huge portion for the price, enough to feed three people and they were delish!!! I ordered the Roasted Pork with the black beans/ rice and the smothered Yucca side order (sorry can't remember what it is called) again WOW! The portions were huge. Enough to feed two and everything tasted fantastic. The Pork was tender, moist and tasty. Service was great but then again it was slow. The servers were on top of everything and very friendly. Will definitely come back here the next time I am in town. Oh and the prices were very good too..

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I wanted some Cuban food while in Fort Lauderdale and found this place on TripAdvisor. I took the Sun trolly on Las Olas to the Broward Art school then took a cab to Don Arturo which was $7. The atmosphere was dated, but no surprised as was expected from the reviews. This place was clean, has good food and some of the best service I've had anywhere. The young wait staff one girl and guy that helped us took pride in their jobs and always friendly, smiling, and checking if everything was ok. I recommend this place for a causal lunch or dinner. This place has a huge menu selection and will have something for everyone. My side dishes were so yummy which were rice and beans with sweet plantains. No room for dessert.

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Great food. Reasonable price. Good service. The place could use a decorator. Looks like I stepped into the 70's. But great for lunch.

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

If you want some good Cuban food...This is the place. Don't expect a 5 Star Restaurant, but you will get great food, big portions, and great value!!!