“Great location, big rooms, inespensive.”
Review of snooze

snooze
Ranked #4 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
West Seneca, New York
“Great location, big rooms, inespensive.”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The Ocean Holiday Motel Resort is located right on the beach, parking is included. The room itself was excellent, very large and clean. Service was excellent and the price was very affordable. Free WiFi was included.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarkCromwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
West Seneca, New York, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the Ocean Holiday Motel Resort. What I look for is a clean room, good location, helpful service and a reasonable price.

The rooms were always cleaned very nicely, despite us being a bit messy with sand in our shoes from time on the beach. Our room (had two double beds), one for myself and my brother. It was very large and had a nice kitchenette.

The location was key. It was a right across from the beach along the major strip for Ft. Lauderdale. Feet from all the nice restaurants!

The service at the hotel was helpful. They recommended places to eat, let us check out a little late (because we had a late flight) and even helped me park my car one day.

Value - the price was very reasonable compared to other hotels.

Overall I have to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of the ocean and others do not. If this matters to you, try calling before y...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed in room 401, top floor, ocean view from the sofa! Bed was king and comfortable. Reasonably priced as well. Enjoyed the atmosphere and room / view so much, stayed a 2nd night. There is an elevator, parking, wifi, which works well. Fridge freezer, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, tv, breakfast bar, 2 tables, large mirror. Good ac and ceiling fan. Did I mention the view! We would definitely recommend this motel if you like value for your money. Beach is just across the road, shared patio terrace out the front. Shops / bars etc down the street 5 mins walk. We both enjoyed our room here very much, on our road trip.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Johnx144
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We used this motel to stay till 3am to catch our flight at FLL, this motel is the best price in the neighborhood for our purpose (for group of 12). I am rating is very good based on what the property is and my experience with the stay. It is no mean of comparing to nearby more expensive properties.

Booking the hotel was a breeze, I paid after my stay and the owner even added another room for the same rate!! Awesome!

The three words I will use to describe this motel is: inexpensive, sufficient and basic.

We went in the morning for an early check-in, the fellow knew about me and immediately took all of our luggage and gave me some useful information on how to spend the day there.

Location wise, it is about 3 min from walking to the beach. It is also very close to other restaurant, cafe. So not having any amenities is not a concern.

The 3 rooms we had were the 2 king beds units, they were big and had a small kitchen, a microwave, mini-fridge and a coffee maker. The property probably went through a renovation about some time ago. I could tell the renovation was probably a DIY project. The room conditions were better than an average motel that I stayed at before.

I agree with the other reviewer, the washroom needs more storage!

The rooms definitely need a more thorough cleaning because dusts are everywhere in windows, walls etc.

One of our room had wet sheets and bedding, the room wasn't available to us until late afternoon. These are the only issues I have, otherwise I am happy with our short stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Philip K
Davie, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

OK The place was clean I will give it that. But...there was not a coffee pot, a cup, a rug, ice machine a pool or a phone at all in the room but a decent size fridge to keep the ice you brought yourself. Great location just steps from the beach. The kicker when you check in on a board behind the desk it listed the rates of other hotels like the Westin, the Ritz etc and how expensive they were...what do you expect they give you the basic needs and than some. I dont know why you would even consider comparing yourself to the others.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank heather k
Rob205, Owner at snooze, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Hi Heather,
Thank you for your review of our place. Everything you say is true for the king room type you booked. It also matches the room descriptions we have online. That is what our place is all about....everything you need in a room. We are Modern, Essential and Affordable all while having coffee shops/restaurants/shopping seconds walk from us in a location directly on the beach. We also toss in some extras like free parking, wifi, beach towels, chairs and umbrellas - all things you pay for elsewhere.

As for your other concerns, fear not, we will be adding an ice machine and guest laundry next year. Also, rugs are generally unsanitary and with the beach sand everywhere, we have tile in all our rooms to help keep things so clean. If you wanted that essential coffee maker, upgrade to our kitchenette room, double the square footage, two king beds, toaster and microwave too. The sign in our office showing different hotels is a reminder to our guests that they made the right decision in choosing us. Why pay more for things you won't use on holiday? We encourage all travellers considering booking with us to rate us based on what we promise to offer and nothing else.
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed in motels before, so I'm not comparing this one to a Westin or such.
Our room was really fresh and clean. Big comfortable bed. People are extremely frendly and caring. Thank you, you're wonderful! But there were a few simple things I wish were there... Like a shelf in a bathroom you can put your toiletries on. Towel hooks. A mirror in a room (the single one in a bathroom is too high to see anything but your head :-)) I would also like to have a coffeemaker, though Starback a block or two away did make up for this deficiency. A thing we definitely did not like was an in-wall A/C: it was either very noisy, or not producing enough output, if in a quiet mode.
Sorry, I really wanted to like the place, as a location is excellent, it's clean, and people are frendly, but it's just too modest... The price is good though :-)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cle_stranger
Rob205, Owner at snooze, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Cle_stranger,
Thank you for staying with us and not comparing us to a five/four star hotel - we love people that understand what we are all about. As you mentioned, our rooms are fresh and clean due to the recent renovation. We are still waiting on some renovation items and the glass shelving for the bathrooms is one of them (should be in any day now). There is, however, a towel hook in all guest rooms to the right or left of each bathroom sink. There is also a huge 5 foot dressing mirror in each room just when you walk in - that is in addition to the one in the bathroom. Upgrading to a kitchenette will cover the need for a coffee maker as well as give you double the space, a microwave, toaster, eating area and utensils. As you said, Starbucks is also one block away. Our A/C units are just over a year old and work as advertised - as in any hotel, please let us know if you have a concern regarding anything you are not comfortable with and we will do our best to help!
Kind regards,
Robert
Southwick, Mass
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Although it is a dated motel there have been upgrades. We have room 305 and a friend is in room 303 both are redone in a simple clean manner. Good hot shower new mini fridge, dressers and lighting. The staff couldn't be more friendly or helpful. I will book next years rooms even before I leave!

• Stayed November 2013