“Very Nice Hotel! But pricey!”
Review of W Fort Lauderdale

W Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Very Nice Hotel! But pricey!”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I stayed at the W Fort Lauderdale for two nights recently and I must say I really enjoyed my stay. They property is well kept, so hip and trendy! Although I didn't get to any of the pools, restaurants or lounge areas from what I saw they looked nice. In addition to this liked that you could write down the wifi code and use it in other areas such as your room. I think the valet service is too expensive but I loved it! As well the customer service I received from the time of booking until my departure was great! I can't remember all the staff's names but I do remember speaking to Emily( I think)
Overall I had a great time. I will be back but it'll be during low season.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank ConnieS82
JDoucette, Guest Relations Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
ConnieS82 – We can’t wait to welcome you back again. We appreciate your sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at W Fort Lauderdale. I am thrilled to hear our team of talent left a lasting impression with you. Thank you again, until next time!
J Doucette

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,166)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Everywhere
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I stayed at the W a few weeks with a few friends. This hotel is beautiful and in a great location. The pool is elevated and overlooks the beach . There are so many shops, bars, restaurants to walk to. The room had an ocean view and a nice sized balcony. The staff at Bliss Spa were so friendly and accomodating. This hotel feels very high end without any pretentiousness.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony on a high floor!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
TravelGirl319 – Thank you for the sunny review. It is wonderful to read you had a spa-tastic time at Bliss. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We had a dream. It was to spend a lovely weekend at the W hotel in Fort Lauderdale. I could not believe my eyes when we were charged $14 dollars for a watered down Cosmo that took 45 mins. to be prepared. When we came down the next morning for breakfast, my husband ordered the steak and eggs, when we received the food and asked for steak sauce they served us BBQ sauce and when we complained they told us that that was their own recipe. Believe me we know what they are and their differences. It got worst. The next morning we decided to have a sexy in-room breakfast. The food arrived one hour later: cold, they only brought us one cup for an order that included two people's breakfast and my French toast was coming from the freezer, heated up and hard as a rock. Wait, it gets better: they brought me jam instead of Maple Syrup. It just piles up. Yes, the room was cozy, the bed comfy, the mini balcony had a nice view but at $250.00 a night the customers at the W hotel deserve better!

Room Tip: Choose a different W hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jimmy L
Jimmy L – Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay. I am sorry to see your experience did not meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with our operations team and they are researching the opportunities you experienced in an effort to prevent them from happening again. The length of time you waited for your refreshment and breakfast is not our standard and we are striving to improve this. We would welcome the opportunity to chat with you in further detail about your experience. Please reach out to GMscott.brooks@whotels.com so we can discuss. Thank you again, we hope to hear from you soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I am a frequent visitor to Ft. Lauderdale and stay at either the W, the Westin, or the Hilton. All three are next door to each other and of the three I prefer the W. The rooms are larger, beds more comfortable, and the staff try very hard to accommodate your requests and needs. Despite the size, the staff seems to maintain a friendly, personable, accommodating approach to everyone.

It is a huge hotel, offering awesome ocean views and large, inviting balconies. If possible, get an oceanfront room on a high floor and you will be treated to a larger patio balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. The residence side is another great option, however, where I stayed in an awesome one bedroom apartment with a full kitchen and bar.

The restaurant, Steak 954, is one of the best Experiences for Steak I have ever had. It is right up there with Prime 112 in Miami, or Peter Luger's NY. It has been memorable on at least 4 occasions.

Some things that prevent it from being 5 Star, however, are:
Expensive Parking - $30
Excessive Dampness in the rooms (possibly unavoidable)
Mod furniture getting worn-out & tired - time for an update on the beach side tower
Poor finish on outlets and fixtures make it look like it was completed in a rush

Overall, I have not had a bad or disappointing experience in 10 or so stays over the last 2 years.

Room Tip: Ocean Front High Floor for a huge patio.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CFRHallett
CFRHallett – We are thrilled to welcome you time and time again. From large comfortable rooms, stunning ocean views, and a top notch restaurant, you’ve noted many of our best features. As you probably already know, our parking prices are competitive with our neighbors along Fort Lauderdale Beach. We appreciate your important feedback about the room conditions and have several plans in place to maintain and upgrade the property. Please feel free to reach out to GMscott.brooks@whotels.com prior to your next visit so we can welcome you personally.

uk
Reviewed 11 October 2012

A perfect holiday! I can't fault the W or its staff! From the moment we checked in we knew we had made the right choice! Sparkle on reception was fantastic as we're all the other staff throughout our two weeks stay- even the valet boys were awesome!! A wonderful cool corner room made our holiday complete and we can't wait to return! Think this was probably our best holiday ever and we have travelled all over the world! The Steaks in the Restaurant are suburb and people all over the area talk about them and are impressed when we tell them we are staying at this Hotel! Two weeks wasn't long enough and we will be back from England ASAP!!!

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Jackson35 - Thank you for our shining review. I am happy to read your holiday was heightened by our fabulous talent, (especially Sparkle!) and you enjoyed indulging at STEAK954. We can’t wait to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for work and loved the rooms. Bed was so comfortable- linens seemed brand new. Bathrooms were spotless. Loved the balcony. Hotel lobby was nice- had more of a city feel than beach feel though. Good location. Had a delicious dinner outside in the hotel rest. Would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012
JDoucette, Guest Relations Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Romred4 - We look forward to welcoming you again! Thank you for your review - you brought up many great features (if we do say so ourselves) - great location, rooms, and a killer restaurant, STEAK954! We're looking forward to your next visit; thanks again!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My husband and I had just gotten off of a rough flight and when we arrived at The W in Ft. Lauderdale we were immediately treated like royalty. Our room wasn't ready immediately but the girl at the front desk assured me that we would not have a long wait. We went to the pool area and within 10 min the room was ready! I am a member of Starwood Preferred Guest and
the hotel upgraded us to a SPG suite. It was called the WOW suite and it certainly was!
I was celebrating my birthday and the hotel went out of their way to make sure it was special!
The W hotel was excellent! The rooms were impeccable and the beds were incredibly comfortable. We had an amazing time! Thank you!!! We will be back!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Anita A – We can’t wait to welcome you back again. I am thrilled your birthday celebration was heightened by an amazing room upgrade. Looks like your next birthday is just around the corner, hope to see you soon!

Until next time,