“Amazing stay”

Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
dc
“Amazing stay”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I have to agree with the other reviews. Stayed 4 nights 5 days with few girlfriends. This hotel was amazing. The decor through out the hotel very modern.
Hotel very clean. Rooms clean and beds comfortable. The gym with UPDATED equipments and nice size fitness rooms compared to other hotels. I can't say enough about the service. Everyone spoke and open doors for you. Everyone very helpful. I LOVED the follow through whatever request we had...was delivered within 15 mins and someone called every time to make sure we received requested towels, ice, cork screw and so forth.
Hotel located right across from the beach.
Pool area nice, clean and relaxing. Resturants in walking distance or you can catch the city bus #11 for $1.75 to go about 2 miles up to get to resturants and boutiques. Resturants like the cheese cake factory.
During our stay there was a Halloween party that was very fun and super festive. Drinks are on the pricey side but hey that is expected.
For decent food not costly quarter deck is 0.8 mi walk away. Starbucks located in the westin a block away.
Only disappointment was our flight left at 6pm and we asked for a late check in and was told it would be an extra $150.00 charge. Most hotels allow an extra hour or 2 at no charge so was disappointed we would be charged. So we checked out at 11am and hung around hotel.
Would Definitely stay at the W hotel every chance I get.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Tgob,

Thank you for the review and for sharing all of your amazing photos! It sounds like you really had some time to explore the city, which is great! And I’m thrilled to hear you were able to join us for the Haunted Hotel Halloween party! We hope you and your friends visit again soon.

All the best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,158)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary with a trip to Ft. Lauderdale and stayed at the W. The hotel was AMAZING!!! We had never been to Ft. Lauderdale and didn't know where to eat or what sites to see. I called a few days before our trip and spoke with Jennifer at the front desk. She emailed me a list of great restaurants and things to do which really made planning our itnerary easy. Furthermore, she directed me to Julio, the concierge, who helped me schedule my wife's spa appointment, car services to pick us up from the airport, and reservations at Steak 954.

When we arrived the staff continued to exceed our expectations. We got to meet Jennifer who had been so helpful over the phone when we checked in. She informed us that we a complimentary upgrade of our room since it was our anniversary! The full ocean view from our room was absolutely breath-taking. The bed was very comfortable and the see through shower definitely added to the romantic vibe of our trip. Not only is the staff great, but the hotel is beautiful and very well kept. We walked around a lot on our trip and went into the Ritz Carlton down the street (it was one of the hotels we had considered staying at when booking our trip). In my opinion the W was the best hotel around. The W has two pool areas; one that is more of a party/lively atmosphere and another that is quiet and secluded. It was nice because we could go to either depending on our mood. We hung out at the Living Room one night which had great music and atmosphere. The room service was prompt and the food was delicious. The wagyu filet and truffle mac and cheese at Steak 954 may be the best I've ever had in my life of those dishes, respectively. I could go on and on about the hotel, but suffice it to say that my wife and I are very picky/particular and the W met and exceeded all our expectations of what a luxury hotel should be. If we ever are Ft. Lauderdale again, we will definitely be staying at the W. Thanks!

Room Tip: Pay a little more and get the full ocean view. It's worth it. Watching the sun rise over the oce...
1 Thank KB_MD2013
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
KB_MD2013,

Congratulations on your one year anniversary, and thanks for celebrating with us! I’m so glad our team was able to assist you in your pre-travel plans and helped make your stay special. It sounds like you two really had the chance to experience all the hotel has to offer! We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Fort Myers, Florida, USA
Reviewed 28 October 2013

What Can I say about this Hotel....Let me begin first with the property and the room..Amazing Rooms with Amazing Location...the property is modern and in amazing shape..the location is amazing, right across from the beach....Steak 954 is beyong amazing restaurant with amazing ambiens...Now lets talk about what makes this hotel the best choice...the guest services and the service from the staff...from the time I checked in, I called night before that I had an occasion with my girlfriend, they had the room in perfect shape and w rose petals...they followed up twice to make sure everything was to my liking...this hotel knows what GUEST SERVICES means....I have stayed at the Ritz next door and i have stayed at Atlantic, this hotel blows them out of the water when it comes to guest services and the rooms are just as good....I cannot say enough good things about this property, it was one of the best experiences in a hotel....i cannot say one bad thing about this hotel.

Crash786,

Thank you for the AMAZING review. We truly do appreciate your feedback and cannot express how happy we are that you enjoyed your stay. I’m so glad our Talent were able to make your special occasion even more special! We hope to see you again soon.

Sunrise, Florida
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I just wanted to provide feedback to the Haunted Hotel event this past Saturday. This was the BEST Halloween party I've ever been to. I’m familiar with the W FLL, as a friend of mine got married there, and I’m a frequent guest at BlissSpa. But I didn’t do the hotel any justice when it came to morphing the hotel for Halloween! The W Hotel staff members provided an excellent location for a Haunted Hotel, overlooking the beach, plenty of areas to explore during the party, outdoor fire pit on balcony overlooking the ocean, the huge lounge with bar, 2 floors, cheap entrance fees. Not to mention a GREAT crowd! LOVE LOVE LOVED it, can't wait to sign up for next year! The only thing I wish was cheaper were the drink prices, but even those I can't begrudge the hotel since getting in was really cheap! 11 of us came and had the BEST time! Hope next year is exactly the same!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Neeta T,

Thanks so much for joining us for the Haunted Hotel and thank you for your continued patronage. I’m so glad to hear that you had a good time with your friends. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon (and of course, to next year’s Halloween party!).

Plsnt Gdn NC
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here on 10/18-10/21/13 and this was the most amazing place ever to stay. Not only was it beautiful, clean, and an excellent view from balcony to beach and water way but also Excellent service! The location is great, right across from the beach and walking distance to places to eat and hang out. Actually you really never have to leave the hotel because it has everything you need and more! I will visit again!

Room Tip: All rooms have an excellent view due to the design of the hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Ddowda,

Wow! Thanks for the great review. I can’t say how happy I am that you enjoyed your visit and that you really had a chance to experience all the hotel has to offer. We’re looking forward to welcoming you back again!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Had a wonderful long weekend at the W! We were able to get a cozy corner room, which has the most magnificent balcony and view. The hotel staff (especially front desk) were friendly and welcoming. The grounds are beautiful--- got to love all the W details! Lovely pool areas and having the option to be at the main one, which gets crowded on certain days, or escape to the more secluded, private pool. Good location, near a lot of great restaurants, and quick cab ride to Las Olas. Looking forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and have big balconies
Lb2179,

Thanks for your kind review, I’m happy to see you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We spent a weekend at the W in Fort Lauderdale while visiting our daughter in college. We enjoyed every minute of it, from the valets, front desk, housekeeping, room service, waitstaff, everyone! Our room was fantastic, food was great, cocktails even better. We enjoyed most of the facilties, the pool, fitness center, bars and restaurant. All experiences exceeded our expectations. We didn't have time to enjoy the spa, but I'm sure it is wonderful! We will return to the W everytime we visit her because it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Lori S,

Thanks for joining us! It’s great to see that you enjoyed your visit and had some time to take in a few activities at the WET deck and gym. We hope to see you again soon, maybe next time for some spa time!