“Nice hotel perfect location”
Review of W Fort Lauderdale

W Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #27 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Location of hotel could not be better ocean view from our balcony rooms were spacious but privacy in bathroom was difficult as our room had no privacy glass from bathroom to bedroom so to put it plain and simple if you were having a shower no privacy curtain, The gym had plenty of equipment in it and was adjacent to the roof top pool which was first class. A pool bar with complimentary fruit and food available . Hotels in this location are very pricey and this hotel was exception.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Walkerderry,

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay. I’m glad you found the amenities enjoyable and had some time to enjoy the pool. For your next stay, feel free to dial Whatever/Whenever and they’ll happily bring you a privacy curtain for the peek-a-boo shower.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The staff at the W made us feel very welcome as soon as we arrived. each day staff members welcome you and take time to acknowledge your presence in the hotel.
Great pool area with lots of loungers and the gym facility is well equipped.
Enjoyed our stay - will be back.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Wilma L,

I’m happy to hear that our Talent made your stay all the more memorable and that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities like WET and FIT. We hope your travels bring you back our way soon!

STARWOOD: GOLD
MARRIOTT: GOLD

After one night in Miami, i would be coming up to my city of birth for a little R&R and since i was needing to secure more stays to maintain status, and the other Starwood properties were priced too high and unfriendly, the W was the obvious choice. I was excited as well, as this would be my first W experience. I advise lots of travelers on what hotel to stay at and being a huge Starwood fan, i needed to add W|Le Meridien & Element to my profile ;) I can now check W off but i will undoubtably return....

HOTEL: This is a huge, beautiful property shaped somewhat like a boat and it architecturally flows nicely with its proximaty to Ft Lauderdale beach (A1A) crosses between the Hotel and the beach itself. It is 2 Towers both i believe something like 24 stories. There are two rooftop pools, Wet East (way too windy when i was there) and the secluded and just amazing Wet West. Wet West might be the best rooftop pool in the city. I almost dont want to tell anyone it exists as i had it too myself both days and i loved it that way ;) It definetely takes the first day to figure out the layout of this property..multiple elevators, some only go so far up etc. Valet is mandatory and expensive but comes in handy. I did avoid this by parking a block away. I dodged a ticket but im sure i was very lucky and wouldnt recommend this as a solution to the parking. Also within the hotel is a couple bars, a very hip lounge, pool tables etc...i was too busy this stay to partake in any of this but it looked to be fun especially with all the happy and presumed to be drunken people wandering from the lounge Saturday night.

THE LOCATION: Ft lauderdale Beach has come along way in my opinion from just 15 years ago. having stayed at the Courtyard down the beach a bit and also the Marriott Villas a block away i can say the W is North of the action but a very close walk to fun nightlife such as RokBar. Looked to me like Climate change is doing a number on the beaches as they are half what i remember but they are always beautiful and its just a fun location with everything you would need for a short or long stay.

THE ROOM(S): Checked in Saturday with very friendly staff. Two grrls, i dont recall their names but they were very attractive and very kind. I happily accepted the 'you cant be upgraded tonight sir' from them LOL. They did their best as they were soldout, they stated and i had a Tower 1 (Beachside) very high floor with a nice view. I heard but did not witness, the suites here are absolutely huge. Regular rooms are not very big though and honestly i wasnt very impressed with them. Bed was very comfortable though and large balcony, just not very warm. My second night i was somewhat upgraded to an OceanFront from an Oceanview..same size room though (this was a dissapointment as they werent full and i would think they would want to showcase a better room to me). i did enjoy the serenity of the waves while i slept that evening.

THE STAFF: The first two girls at check in were great. I experienced a few other friendly and helpful staff during this stay as well but i also experienced some very surly and not so helpful or friendly staff. I think with the motto, Whatever! Whenever! all staff need to remember to be friendly at all times..its really not a hard thing to do

Was my Elite recognized? Yes, but again i feel i was stiffed on the upgrade i expected, especially the second night. The hotel was a ghost town and the best they could do was same size room on the Ocean, a bit pathetic

I would recommend this property but there are alot of hotels along Ft lauderdale beach to choose from. Many are dated however and atleast this is new and exciting. Not as comfortable as i wouldve liked but if only for that amazing WetWest pool i will be back. Hoping for a better experience next time. I gave it Four stars because it is a great property.

Room Tip: OceanFront as always but the Oceanview is not bad. I wish i could say whether i was in a Wonderful...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

ryan b,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a detailed review! I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your first W experience and that we were a part of it all! It sounds like you really had some to time to explore the city, which is great. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

If you are looking for a very nice hotel with all the amenities as a reasonable price, look no further. The W met my every expectation. The common areas are contemporary/elegant and cozy at the same time. The room was very clean with an upscale decor. The staff ~ can't say enough good words ~ just exceptional service and courtesy. With every request, they certainly elevated my experience!

The pool area is very nice, and the beach access is very convenient from the main hotel exit. Lots of food and shopping just a couple blocks south. Awesome location.

Room Tip: I had a south view during my November stay - I think any floor would still give you the same awesome...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Erin K,

Thank you for such a great review! It sounds like you were really able to experience all that the hotel and city have to offer! We hope your travels bring you back our way again soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was very impressed with my recent stay at w Fort Lauderdale. Especially in comparison to two other hotels I stayed at in Fort Lauderdale on the same trip for the same price. The rooms are clean and modern as is the pool area. The staff was very accommodating even when it turned out that I had booked the wrong night online! I would recommend this as the best and only place to stay when in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: November 2013

Vanctrav,

I’m so glad to hear that your visit was enjoyable and that you liked the property. Thanks for the recommendation and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I cannot speak anymore highly of this hotel. I have stayed at the W Times Square and it does not compare to this one. The service at check in was smooth and we were upgraded to a room with a balcony. There were 3 of us and the room was perfect size. The only thing the other girls didn't like was there was no actual bathroom door. only a door to where the toilet was. The shower had a big glass window looking out to the bedroom (had a privacy shade so no one could see in).

Service by the pool was fantastic. The towel guys would set up the towels nicely on the chair so that if a strong breeze came by or when you sat down they wouldn't move.

The pool is amazing. it is heated, not too much that would be bothersome. Just perfect. AND it was open 24 hours, so if you felt like a swim at 4am, you were welcome to.

Although the pool area got really busy on a Sunday afternoon, the service was still top notch.

I would highly recommend staying here to friends, family, etc. And I absolutely want to stay here myself again in the future.

Room Tip: If you are a Starwood Member (sign up before your trip) and when you check in tell them and ask if t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Sheri S,

W-O-W! Thank you for such a stellar review, we really appreciate the feedback. And thank you sharing your beautiful photos! We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is by far my favorite hotel in the Fort Lauderdale Beach area. I always feel like it's my home, my bed, my livingroom. The staff lets me know I am welcome and are always eager to help in any way they can. I like the comfort of the beds and the quietness of the rooms. Most rooms have a balcony which is a must for a Florida stay! The swimming pool is amazing...you can see up into it from the main lobby (living room) and you can even take stairs up through the middle of the pool to access it. You always experience a spacious, lively atmosphere wherever you are in the building.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are more enjoyable
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JWGinDC

JWGinDC,

What great feedback! Thank you so much your continued patronage – it’s wonderful to hear that you always enjoy your stay and what you feel at home! Let us know when your travels bring you back our way again by emailing us GM.WFortLauderdale@Whotels.com.