My family and I stayed at the W in Fort Lauderdale for the Thanksgiving weekend. The installations are clean and modern. However, multiple facts regarding customer service make me think if I would ever go back. Staff is nice and polite but don't get things done for guests:
- There were 4 guests in my room but hotel never left enough towels
- I had to wait over an hour a few times after asking for extra towels and other simple requests
- My reservation - made through Visa Luxury Concierge - gives me late check out, and the hotel said multiples times that wouldn't be possible even thought the hotel wasn't full. The issue was resolved after Visa called the management.
- Room was always cold
- Lobby bar closed at 11pm on a Sunday. The hotel should have at least one of its 4 bars open until 1am (especially on Thanksgiving weekend)
- Pool bar closed on a Saturday because it was lighting raining.
- No tennis court
For the price you have to pay at the W, you may want to check the Hilton right across the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking South Florida beach with unobstructed ocean views, W Fort Lauderdale has sand and surf on one side, and intercoastal elegance on the other. A daily resort fee of $26.50 will be collected at the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your W Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- w Hotels Fort Lauderdale
- w Hotel Fort Lauderdale