“My favorite hotel in Fort Lauderdale!”
Review of W Fort Lauderdale

W Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I really enjoy this hotel. As a W property - it tends to have attractive people working there. The great part about that here is that they are really nice, friendly, sharp and accomodating.
All of the rooms I have stayed in before are bright and breezy.
Note, since it is a W- the elevators are dark and this hotel definitely caters to the young or young at heart generation with bright colors, thumping music at times and a modern decor.
The front desk staff is polished and friendly. I have to say the folks at the parking/valet as well were really outgoing and fun to chat with.
The bed is comfy with soft linens and a cute stuffed toy on top giving a playful spirit to your stay. We dined both in the hotel bar with friendly folks and a alluring cocktail staff as well as the Steak 954 for breakfast. The service at the restaurant was great- so accomodating and the omelet was divine. This was the friendliest W I ever encountered, I even extended my stay! Check it out- right across from the ocean!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a corner apartment for a full separate kitchen/dining/sitting area- for a small upgrade i...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kimberly W
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Kimberly W,

What a wonderful review! It’s great that you enjoyed the bed, our signature alligator and Steak 954. I’m also thrilled that our Talent made such a positive impact on your trip. We hope to welcome you back again soon for business, or leisure!

There are newer reviews for W Fort Lauderdale

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Our extended family of 11 converged on the W Ft Lauderdale for the Thanksgiving weekend. It was beyond great! The W beds are always the best, the hotel is cutting edge beautiful, the restaurant is not to be missed, and the staff couldn't have been better. Our room (called a Flat) was fabulous! It had a gorgeous gourmet kitchen. Not that I was planning to cook on vacation, but when everyone came back to our room to watch Thanksgiving football, I could serve snacks and HOT cookies. The staff was professional and friendly and all knew our names after one introduction. Amazing! We had to make last minute changes to our Thanksgiving dinner reservations. The concierge found a wonderful "locals" Italian restaurant that was a Zagat rated jewel. All 11 were thrilled with their meals...4 traditional Thanksgiving dinners and the rest phenomenal Italian (house made pasta and ridiculous bruschetta) and fresh fish meals. The 2 pools at the W are great. We sat in cabanas at one pool that had flat screen TV's. My husband and the kids (they're all college aged or older) used the gym and said it was very well equipped. And so my husband and I are returning (alone) to Ft. Lauderdale at the end of December...GOING BACK to the W and to that Italian restaurant (Serafina). I HIGHLY recommend it!

Room Tip: I you can upgrade to a flat...do it. If not, the regular rooms are very inviting.

Ilene M,

Thank you so much for sharing the details of your stay. It’s wonderful to hear that your whole family – all 11 of you – enjoyed the stay. It’s also great to know you were able to experience the pools and a great local restaurant. We hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving and can’t wait to welcome you back in December.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife and I love visiting this location due to its good value and phenomenal service. It is a bit expensive but you get what you pay for. The rooms are phenomenal and the local food and attraction rarely disappoint.

• Stayed: December 2013

HunterMathena,

Thank you for the kind review and for you patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My family stayed at the W hotel in fort Lauderdale Thanksgiving weekend and everything was perfect!! no complaints at ALL. VERY friendly staff special Thanks to Crystal Newman very valuable employee. Customer service was AWSOME! throughout the whole stay cleanliness and
such GREAT accommodations.

Thanks W hotel Fort Lauderdale

Ashley B,

Thanks for spending the holiday with us, I’m so glad our team was able to make your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My family and I stayed at the W in Fort Lauderdale for the Thanksgiving weekend. The installations are clean and modern. However, multiple facts regarding customer service make me think if I would ever go back. Staff is nice and polite but don't get things done for guests:
- There were 4 guests in my room but hotel never left enough towels
- I had to wait over an hour a few times after asking for extra towels and other simple requests
- My reservation - made through Visa Luxury Concierge - gives me late check out, and the hotel said multiples times that wouldn't be possible even thought the hotel wasn't full. The issue was resolved after Visa called the management.
- Room was always cold
- Lobby bar closed at 11pm on a Sunday. The hotel should have at least one of its 4 bars open until 1am (especially on Thanksgiving weekend)
- Pool bar closed on a Saturday because it was lighting raining.
- No tennis court
For the price you have to pay at the W, you may want to check the Hilton right across the street.

2  Thank AnaMLloyd1212
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

AnaMLloyd1212,

We appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your recent stay, though I’m sorry to hear that your visit did not meet your expectations. I addressed your concerns with various departments for review. We hope your travels bring you back to Fort Lauderdale again. Until then…safe travels.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We have just stayed at this hotel, in a Suite on the 22nd floor. It was a lovely gift for my husband's birthday. We had an excellent time here, with a beautiful room. The service staff was brilliant and treated us impeccably. Dinner was at Steak, and we had a wonderful meal with again perfect service. The server was educated on the menu, and provided great recommendations. The atmosphere of the hotel is modern, sexy and happening. We enjoyed the pool deck and the gym as well.

The only few negatives were that the person gifting my husband the room had included a $200 voucher which was not included once we went to check out, and no one seemed to know about it, although the person gifting it had already been charged. And we seemed to have an excessive number of "hold" charges on our credit card, with totalled nearly $1200. We asked at the desk at checkout and they could not give us a definitive answer. We did charge the dinner to the room, but that was only just over $300. As we were not paying for the room, had not charged anything other than dinner, it was confusing as to the large hold on the card. Perhaps the W hotel could be more transparent on holds on credit cards, as we were not informed this would happen at check-in, at least to this large amount. It is good we have a high credit limit, as this could be a problem when using your card for other purchases.

Room Tip: Request a water view room for the scenery, but to avoid road noise (that can't be heard if the d...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bnohr

Bnohr,

I’m so glad you were able to join us for your husband’s birthday celebration and that you enjoyed your stay. And it’s wonderful to hear that the server at Steak 954 was able to make your meal all the more enjoyable! I’ve passed along your concerns regarding to the appropriate departments to review, in hopes of improving future guests’ stays. We hope to celebrate with you again soon!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Great service by Jarett Loperf!! He is a great asset to your company!! So nice, and accomodating!!!! My only complaint is we waited for an hour on a hotel van...Our airline crew called many times, only to be told that the van was on the way, for a whole hour we sat outside calling and waiting... So aggrivating when we are scheduled to come in at the same time every day and THEN we had no rooms... ANYWAYS, Jarett was so kind to us thank goodness for him being there... YOU should put him at the front desk he was so much kinder than the girls up front.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Flymetx,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent experience. While I’m sorry to hear about the lengthy wait for your transportation. I’m thrilled to hear that our Talent was able to elevate your stay! We’ll be sure to share your kind find back the team.