“Great hotel but snob staff”
Review of W Fort Lauderdale

W Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Montreal, Canada
“Great hotel but snob staff”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Really great hotel The only downside the staff are so rude and snob. Great location just a step from the beach! Room was clean and nice ocean view! Will not be back for one reason the staff ! Really sad!

Room Tip: Ocean view!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Cassie1209,

While I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel overall, I’m sorry to hear that your experience with our staff was less than pleasing. We’d like to discuss the details of your stay if you’d be so kind as to email us GM.WFortLauderdale@Whotels.com. We hope to hear from you soon.

LBosco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,166)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Maryland
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I love Starwood properties and have stayed at many but I am definitely a FAN of the W Fort Lauderdale. From valet, to check in, continuing through the lobby inhaling the aroma from Bliss, to luxuriating in the room on the balcony with an ocean view, to meals at Steak 954, to poolside at WET and relaxing in the Living Room. Oh and did I mention the beach directly across the street where you can engage in group exercise offered by the hotel for free? And if that isn't enough, right outside the door a few steps away are shops and restaurants along the strip. This hotel exceeded my expectations and I will definitely return and I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Tower 1 on a high level fllor offers great views of the main strip as well as the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
VacationLover1124,

Wow, what a great review – thank you for sharing! It’s wonderful that so many aspects of your stay were enjoyable and we hope you liked our beach boot camp/sunrise yoga classes! We look forward toy our next visit.

Winston, GA
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We got a great deal, and stayed in the best room, so I really can't be terribly objective. 1600 sq. ft., a king, a queen, two baths, two living rooms, a dining room, and full kitchen. Open floor plan, and bamboo flooring in common areas. Sounds like a Real Estate listing? This place IS in the residence tower.

We had an early check-in, after some complimentary drinks at the East pool (there's two, of course). Marco checked the room, personally, before he was satisfied all was in order.

The West pool was closer to the room, and we found it delightfully quiet. Both pools have cabanas available for rent, but if you want the 2-room cabanas, with modesty changing room, you'll have to go to the East pool, and reserve it early, there are only 2. The advantage to renting a cabana is a guaranteed pair of lounge chairs, which are precious few on the East Pooldeck.

Breakfast was in-room dining, and an excellent value. I recommend the waffles, sausage, pancakes, and even the sourdough toast. If we had stayed longer, I would have tried the Mediterranean frittata.

The only glitch, was the irritatingly pervasive New Age frenetic background 'music'. I like the pervasive signature scents the W uses, but if it's going to be music, can it please be made by real instruments, not computers?

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rufus19832013,

Thank you for your review – I’m so glad you enjoyed your room, and were able to relax and indulge at WET! It’s also great to hear that you liked your IRD order – we like the way you do breakfast, it sounds great! We hope to welcome you back again soon. Until then…

Safe travels,
Grand Cayman
Reviewed 19 March 2014

From check in to check out everything was perfect. Staff, grounds, rooms, spa, pool area, restaurants, bars.... the room was modern, comfortable and clean, great views from balcony. Great location on the beach. I have to say this was probably one of the best vacations I have had in a long time. Thank you W.... FANTASTIC!! Ill be back!

Room Tip: I had an oceanfront room, with a glass shower. Great balcony- view of pool and water. So so relaxing...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Manager11
Manager11,

It’s wonderful to hear that you had a fantastic time! It sounds like you were able to enjoy quite a bit of the hotel, which is great. We look forward to your next visit!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I usually like the W hotels, and stay in them a lot when traveling. Most are very good and i am happy with the rooms and fun friendly staff. This W in Fort Lauderdale was great. Great staff and food, and Good location too. Definitely worth the stay. By the way, my sister stayed next door at the Westin hotel, yes the price is less, but you cannot compare. For me the W any day ! Thanks W hotel Fort Lauderdale :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Michael R,

Thank you for your review! It’s wonderful that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team made such a positive impact on your experience. We hope your travels bring you back our way again soon!

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I did not realize that the W had more than one type of "Cool" room; this cool room had more expansive window oceanfront corner/coastal views with doors opening oceanfront and coastal vs the "Cool" with less window and one sliding door but more open to the sun on the balcony. Both rooms had large balconies but I preferred the semi-shady at different times of the day to the sunny balcony with one door; the first mentioned room with two doors seemed larger and was my preference; just FYI. Excellent service all around; the polite young man at the front desk who checked me in early, the gentleman concierge who handled my "package", the nice young man who quickly delivered my ice upon my arrival, and the kind young lady who delivered my room service breakfast just to mention a few. My room service breakfast was excellent, timely, and yummy; large burrito, pot o coffee, and "goose" Bloody Mary. The valet always had my car ready and waiting. And yes, "954" had an aged ribeye to die for and the staff were exceptional; I cannot make this up. The room was very clean, heavenly bed, and, bonus; I received green starwood points. Did I miss anything; I had a great time! Thank you, Billie

Room Tip: "COOL" oceanfront room with two doors.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Billie D
Billie D,

Wow, it sure sounds like you know how to enjoy an escape! Thanks so much for sharing your review, I’m glad you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and am thrilled that our team was able to elevate your experience all the more. We surely look forward to welcoming you back again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just wanted to say what a fantastic vacation we had last week. We rented a 2 bedroom residence for 7 days and then moved into one of the hotel suites for our last night.

The entire staff was not only friendly and polite but also very engaging in a non-intrusive way. The front desk was so very helpful in easing the transition from the residence to the hotel suite, working with both housekeeping and the luggage folks to get us comfortably situated. The accommodations were beautiful and clean and didn’t have that “previously lived in” look that so many hotel rooms often have. And the property in general was always fresh and tidy – elevators, hallways, pool area, etc – without ever seeing the cleaning staff.

We had stayed at a nearby hotel back in October and thought it was very nice, but now in comparison the W was above and beyond in every way. We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Mike P,

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your extended stay! I’m glad our team was able to make your room transitions smooth. We hop your travels bring you our way again soon!