“Amazing Spring Break”

Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
New York City, New York
“Amazing Spring Break”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I may not be the most consistent with writing reviews but this one is worth writing about. Ive stayed at a few other hotels . But when I stay at the W it makes the others look small in every aspect . The ambiance is amazing. Awesome decor and the service everyone provides no matter. What role like Danny the late night security went above and beyond his role and I appreciated it. I will always recommend this hotel and it's franchises to anyone. Just simply amazing. Also the BLISS SPA located in the building was simply perfect . I would recommend Samantha who gave me my massage and Tia who did my pedicure to anyone . Best experience

Room Tip: No matter what room you'll always receive great service and an awesome view .
Danny M,

Wow, it sounds like you had a great time – thank you for sharing! It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the room and that our team was able to elevate your experience. And I’m glad you were able to relax at bliss spa too! We surely hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

LBosco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,160)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I love everything about this hotel, the view, the staff, comfy beds, the pool everything was excellent. I stayed here with my sister n law for my nieces sweet 16th it was simply gorgeous. the only down thing about it was our bathroom it was see through but we had someone put up a curtain. I assume they gave us the couple suite, but all in all it was a beautiful hotel.

Penpurple,

Happy Birthday to your niece and thanks for celebrating with us! It’s great to hear that you all enjoyed your visit. We know the peek-a-boo shower can be a bit too exposed for group travelers, but I’m glad we were able to provide a privacy curtain for you. We hope to celebrate with you again soon!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed for one night post our cruise. We had the cool corner room on the 21st floor What a great huge balcony and view of the beach and water! Close to everything. Room was great -a little smaller than expected but the balcony more than made up for it. Room service was quick and very high quality taste.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank THollingsworth
THollingsworth,

Thanks for joining us post-cruise! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your room and view, and had a chance to indulge with In-Room-Dining. We hope to see you again soon!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Really great hotel The only downside the staff are so rude and snob. Great location just a step from the beach! Room was clean and nice ocean view! Will not be back for one reason the staff ! Really sad!

Room Tip: Ocean view!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Cassie1209,

While I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel overall, I’m sorry to hear that your experience with our staff was less than pleasing. We’d like to discuss the details of your stay if you’d be so kind as to email us GM.WFortLauderdale@Whotels.com. We hope to hear from you soon.

Maryland
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I love Starwood properties and have stayed at many but I am definitely a FAN of the W Fort Lauderdale. From valet, to check in, continuing through the lobby inhaling the aroma from Bliss, to luxuriating in the room on the balcony with an ocean view, to meals at Steak 954, to poolside at WET and relaxing in the Living Room. Oh and did I mention the beach directly across the street where you can engage in group exercise offered by the hotel for free? And if that isn't enough, right outside the door a few steps away are shops and restaurants along the strip. This hotel exceeded my expectations and I will definitely return and I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Tower 1 on a high level fllor offers great views of the main strip as well as the ocean.
VacationLover1124,

Wow, what a great review – thank you for sharing! It’s wonderful that so many aspects of your stay were enjoyable and we hope you liked our beach boot camp/sunrise yoga classes! We look forward toy our next visit.

Winston, GA
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We got a great deal, and stayed in the best room, so I really can't be terribly objective. 1600 sq. ft., a king, a queen, two baths, two living rooms, a dining room, and full kitchen. Open floor plan, and bamboo flooring in common areas. Sounds like a Real Estate listing? This place IS in the residence tower.

We had an early check-in, after some complimentary drinks at the East pool (there's two, of course). Marco checked the room, personally, before he was satisfied all was in order.

The West pool was closer to the room, and we found it delightfully quiet. Both pools have cabanas available for rent, but if you want the 2-room cabanas, with modesty changing room, you'll have to go to the East pool, and reserve it early, there are only 2. The advantage to renting a cabana is a guaranteed pair of lounge chairs, which are precious few on the East Pooldeck.

Breakfast was in-room dining, and an excellent value. I recommend the waffles, sausage, pancakes, and even the sourdough toast. If we had stayed longer, I would have tried the Mediterranean frittata.

The only glitch, was the irritatingly pervasive New Age frenetic background 'music'. I like the pervasive signature scents the W uses, but if it's going to be music, can it please be made by real instruments, not computers?

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rufus19832013,

Thank you for your review – I’m so glad you enjoyed your room, and were able to relax and indulge at WET! It’s also great to hear that you liked your IRD order – we like the way you do breakfast, it sounds great! We hope to welcome you back again soon. Until then…

Safe travels,
Grand Cayman
Reviewed 19 March 2014

From check in to check out everything was perfect. Staff, grounds, rooms, spa, pool area, restaurants, bars.... the room was modern, comfortable and clean, great views from balcony. Great location on the beach. I have to say this was probably one of the best vacations I have had in a long time. Thank you W.... FANTASTIC!! Ill be back!

Room Tip: I had an oceanfront room, with a glass shower. Great balcony- view of pool and water. So so relaxing...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Manager11
Manager11,

It’s wonderful to hear that you had a fantastic time! It sounds like you were able to enjoy quite a bit of the hotel, which is great. We look forward to your next visit!