“Beautiful Hotel. Great staff. My new place to stay in Ft. Lauderdale”
Review of W Fort Lauderdale

W Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #27 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We had a bad experience at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort, and were able to book a suite here at the W. Great move, it salvaged out vacation.Going from the crowded, stressful atmosphere at the Marriott to the tranquil, lovely environment at the W is a study in contrasts. We have a beautiful suite, with a full kitchen --- which we don't need --- but its great for making bagels and coffee, etc. in the morning when we don't want to get dressed for breakfast. The mini washer and dryer are so convenient for bathing suits, etc. We have two modern, beautiful, full bathrooms and plenty of room.

The staff here is wonderful and responsive to our every need. The hotel appears to be fully booked, but somehow, perhaps because of the design, it never seems that way --- always peaceful and uncrowded. There always seems to be something going on here, yet peaceful spots to relax are plentiful. I haven't tried the spa yet, but plan to. We travel A LOT. And I am so impressed with this hotel and its staff that I plan to make it new hotel in Ft Lauderdale.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Lclchloe,

I’m so glad we were able to be a part of your recent vacation! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and your room. We surely hope to welcome you back again soon, hopefully on the next trip you’re able to include a stop into bliss spa. Until then…

Safe Travels,

There are newer reviews for W Fort Lauderdale

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is hotel is great. I am a platinum SPG guest and there for business from July 2013 - March 2014. Every week i came there i was given a flat which was perfect for my needs. It has a lot of space, a full kitchen and laundry! The bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel was very clean and everyone was friendly and helpful like the front desk, management, valet and room service / guest services. The next time i am in Fort Lauderdale this will be my first choice, hands down!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Allan_advisor,

First of all, thank you so much for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and our hotel – we love our SPG members! I’m thrilled that you stays were comfortable and that our team made your business travels more enjoyable. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I don't normally write reviews but this hotel warrants an exception to that rule. I just spent 6 great days at the W and can say with confidence that this is one of the finest hotels I've stayed at. I travel quite a bit and I am a fan of the Starwood brand in general (Meridien, Westin) but this hotel takes the cake. The property itself is well-designed and appointed, it is modern and very well-kept; the staff are very friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay very pleasant; the view from the rooms is extraordinary; the pool overlooks the beach; and the ambiance in all parts of the hotel is at once lively but not over-bearing. Overall, I am very impressed by this property and gives kudos to the extraordinary team of people working there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Jason T,

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for your continued loyalty to the Starwood brands. I’m an so pleased to hear that not only did you enjoy the design of the hotel and your room, but were able to take in a bit of scene at WET and around the property. I’m also thrilled that our team was able to elevate your experience. We truly look forward to welcoming you back soon – please email us at GM.WFortLauderdale@Whotels.com when you plan to return so we can welcome you back in true W style.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I may not be the most consistent with writing reviews but this one is worth writing about. Ive stayed at a few other hotels . But when I stay at the W it makes the others look small in every aspect . The ambiance is amazing. Awesome decor and the service everyone provides no matter. What role like Danny the late night security went above and beyond his role and I appreciated it. I will always recommend this hotel and it's franchises to anyone. Just simply amazing. Also the BLISS SPA located in the building was simply perfect . I would recommend Samantha who gave me my massage and Tia who did my pedicure to anyone . Best experience

Room Tip: No matter what room you'll always receive great service and an awesome view .
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Danny M,

Wow, it sounds like you had a great time – thank you for sharing! It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the room and that our team was able to elevate your experience. And I’m glad you were able to relax at bliss spa too! We surely hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I love everything about this hotel, the view, the staff, comfy beds, the pool everything was excellent. I stayed here with my sister n law for my nieces sweet 16th it was simply gorgeous. the only down thing about it was our bathroom it was see through but we had someone put up a curtain. I assume they gave us the couple suite, but all in all it was a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Penpurple,

Happy Birthday to your niece and thanks for celebrating with us! It’s great to hear that you all enjoyed your visit. We know the peek-a-boo shower can be a bit too exposed for group travelers, but I’m glad we were able to provide a privacy curtain for you. We hope to celebrate with you again soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed for one night post our cruise. We had the cool corner room on the 21st floor What a great huge balcony and view of the beach and water! Close to everything. Room was great -a little smaller than expected but the balcony more than made up for it. Room service was quick and very high quality taste.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank THollingsworth

THollingsworth,

Thanks for joining us post-cruise! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your room and view, and had a chance to indulge with In-Room-Dining. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Really great hotel The only downside the staff are so rude and snob. Great location just a step from the beach! Room was clean and nice ocean view! Will not be back for one reason the staff ! Really sad!

Room Tip: Ocean view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Cassie1209,

While I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel overall, I’m sorry to hear that your experience with our staff was less than pleasing. We’d like to discuss the details of your stay if you’d be so kind as to email us GM.WFortLauderdale@Whotels.com. We hope to hear from you soon.