“W never let's us down”

Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
New York City, New York
“W never let's us down”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We flew into Ft Lauderdale the night before our RCCL cruise and choose the W. We stayed in there residence towers in a two bedroom suite-- They only thing that disappointed us was that the sofa in the living room did not open up to a bed. The rooms were great and the staff amazing. We love the W! Good job!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Tonyspad,

Thank you for joining us pre-cruise! I’m sorry the sofa didn’t quite meet your needs, but I’m glad you enjoyed the room overall and that our team was able to make your stay all the memorable. We hope you enjoyed the cruise and that you visit us again soon.

LBosco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,152)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

The moment I gave the valet the keys to my rental car, the cheerful bellman unloaded my luggage like he really took pride in his occupation. Note: the parking area is a wind tunnel. My hat flew off and rolled down the pavement like a squirrel in heat but the bellman sprinted like a world class athlete to retrieve it. Quite impressive I must say. I tipped him extra, not only for his good attitude but for the display of commitment to get my hat!!!! LOL That was my first impression and I hope it would linger on to each experience following. Then Joe, at the front desk registration, checked my party in and I kept thinking.....why is he being so nice? Has he got me mixed up with someone else more famous than I? That level of service is welcomed in todays world. Most hotel personnel have to pull it out of the Archives. Joe treated us like movie stars (and I aint no Brad Pitt...just saying!) I know gorgeous good looking people in South Florida can be as plastic as my Amex card, but Joe was born easy on the eyes, smart, totally professional and should be promoted to working for the number one in the White House! Now each W is unique to itself and this one is so chic, so tastefully contemporary, it visually made me salivate! I swear those cool colors, textures and wavy interior designs are purposefully splashed all over this place to subliminally evoke something wildly primitive inside... that you lost after puberty. Another note: have your key card handy to punch your elevator button to your floor so you'll see more than the lobby on your vacation! And then the moment I've been waiting for....the big reveal ! I open the door to the room and slap your momma.....I was at a loss of words because I screamed like a 10 year old girl who got her first iPhone ! The ocean views are incredible and worth the extra to get ocean front. I have to be honest.....I didn't want to leave the room. Why would I? If this is Heaven, then I made it to the right destination....by a miracle. And my bath had the feel of a beautiful spa resort. But wait....there are no curtains....can everyone out there see me shower?? Sadly the windows are tinted so I am left to fantasize about it.... HeeHee! After waddling in my lavish sanctuary, I buzzed off downstairs to Steak 954. After the beautiful hostess addressed me, I stumbled upon an aquarium wall of blue jelly fish. Their slow movements were hypnotic and I promised myself I HAD to come back to stare at them after 3 or 4 fruity drinks by the pool. The view outside was delightful as was any of their breakfast omelets. Actually I tasted several selections from my friends but ended up eating the same one for 4 days straight because I think it had crack in it!!! The best I have ever had and I'm a big foodie. Not going to tell you which one but you'll know it when you taste it....believe me. After a quick bite, I head off to the pool area. Now this is what the doctor ordered....chill music and a cabana with a mojito in hand and more good looking people than you can beat a stick with. I now realize I may have to explore my bi-sexual tendencies !!!! They were all hot. I did turn more than a few heads after I took my shirt off but later realized after going to the mens room, I had so much sunblock on my face, I looked like a GEISHA GIRL !!!! Dang it....I thought she was digging me!!! Later I head to the gym to try to pump up these arms so I can pump up my confidence the next visit to the pool. The gym had great state of the art equipment and easy to use. (open 24 hours in case I get the urge to do bench presses at 3am) And if you really want a workout, try the morning beach boot camp with the two football trainers who will kick your butt into shape. Actually, lots of fun, not so hard and out on the beach in front of the hotel, taking in sand and surf and a good dose of vitamin D. Speaking of.....does coffee have vitamin D? Cause if it does, I had a free cup every morning in the gorgeous living room space there on 4th floor. I noticed one morning while sitting there with a cup of hot java in hand, the light above me was doing a flash dance across my feet. I look up above and there are panels of thick acrylic on the ceiling looking into the pool. Then I see the endless motion of body parts weaving around in the water and realize what's going on here. I don't have to wear those stupid swim goggles in the pool and get wet when I can just sit here and watch people swim above my head !!! Well I could go on and on about this place but my ghost dog is standing here with her leash in her mouth, waiting for her evening walk. In short, the service is remarkable, the staff is so professional, the hotel extraordinary and the whole W experience is worth putting on your bucket list. There is only one place to stay when in Lauderdale that will exceed your expectations. Put a little WOW in your life!!! 5 STARS hands-down.

Room Tip: Ocean views are nice. If so request the south view unless you want to look into another beautiful b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Troy W
Troy W,

Thank you for the amazing review! It’s absolutely wonderful that you fully enjoyed your stay and had a chance to really explore all the hotel has to offer. It sounds like you sure know how to vacation! We look forward toy our next stay.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I love W hotels for their vibe and feel. This was my first stay with W Ft. Lauderdale. (I love sharing my opinion on hotel stays so hope this helps you with your decision. #StayHere.

The W Ft. Lauderdale hotel is TOPS in service for all levels. A valet literally ran across the parking lot to see if we needed anything. Joe at check in was all smiles and not only professional but was a welcomed first impression at the Welcome desk. (I noticed the entire Welcome Desk team was on their game.) Victor in Steak954 (their delicious restaurant) was spot in with breakfast service. Try ALL the omelets! (And their breakfast is reasonably priced which I really appreciated. $15 for an amazing, quality omelet, crispy browned potatoes and a small salad.) They'll gladly help you with anything you might need.

POOL is totally cool. Private cabanas available guests and plenty of super thick cushioned lounge chairs. The cushions were 6+ inches thick! Music was infused throughout the pool area in green rock speakers with a nice sub woofer system for a constant enjoyable level of music. This pool is overlooking the ocean and has a clear viewing window that allows guests coming upstairs from the "living room" (lobby/bar) to see swimmers!! What's even cooler is that there are long windows on the bottom of the pool that allow swimmers to look down into the lobby and guests to look up and see you! (Try the spa located in the corner for an elevated view. AND the lava rock fire pits warmed the 64 degree breeze at night.) For guests in the living room the shimmering sunlight flickers through the water and provides a cool effect.

LIVING ROOM: The large living room on the 4th floor is just adjacent to the Welcome Desk (registration/check in and BLISS Spa) It's filled with stylish comfortable chairs, plush booths and sofas. Plenty of table space for your drinks from the HUGE long bar! This is a great place to enjoy cocktails, apps and bites with direct access to the balcony which overlooks the main strip, pool and ocean. The complimentary coffee EVERY morning here is exceptional. As a coffee snob, it's the real roasted deal. and it's free!! Nice perk W!

THIRSTY? Drink stations with fresh water infused with just peeled oranges flank your every turn...in the valet areas, welcome desk area, pool area and gym. Plus and you'll also find complimentary crisp green apples as well. (Green apples wake you up better than coffee. Yes, it's true!)

GUEST ROOMS: Our room was impeccable. Bed was amazingly comfortable with their signature W mattress (available for purchase if you want to have that level of comfort at home.) We stayed in a large suite with another couple. Our suite faced the ocean and was just perfect. (Smaller rooms are just as comfortable and enjoyable.) Wrap around decking on hotel provides ability to walk around corner from main ocean facing terrace. SHOWER: Our room had this pebbled shower that was HUGE! The sliding glass door in the shower OPENED UP allowing for you to see the beautiful views AND feel that delightful ocean breeze while you let the...conditioner set in. Plus, it was a different experience...like almost showering outside! Waking up to the morning sunrise in bed and ocean breezes were so amazing...and a great setting for a drink at sunset. We stayed on the upper floor and loved the view of the marina and beach. Liliane in housekeeping or as W calls it our "room stylist" (love that!) kept our room spotless. Her caring attitude and smile were great! AND any request was handled quickly with the signature W hotel "whatever/whenever" service. Try it when you check in. They seriously handle almost ANY request! Concierge team also had great recommendations. (Example: wanted greek food. Recommended a restaurant we had not heard of and was fantastic. Greek Islands. About 3 miles from hotel.)

GYM is rockin! I love to workout and this expansive room on the 5th floor was filled with enough great equipment to please any workout fanatic like myself. Cardio, free weights, machines, flatscreens and all located steps away from the pool. Complimentary headsets were available too! I found most guests were fit and into taking care of themselves. Plenty of eye candy at W!

BIKE RENTALS: There are new bike rentals just outside the hotel. You can rent in 30 minute increments. We toured all the marina and boardwalk. (Search online for a promo code or try 102102 for a free half hour!) Perfect for exploring the area.

NIGHTLIFE is rockin! The Whiskey Blue bar is extremely cool with interior decor. It's a definite destination for drink, vibe and scene. Stop in after an amazing steak at Steak954. There are some cool bars at W too.

JELLYFISH! You have to checkout the massive tank filled with glowing blue jellyfish inside Steak954. This is an amazing sight. Make sure you come back at night for the full effect in dimmer light. (AND try out the cool turquoise bar across the hall. Intimate and relaxing.)

SUMMARY: I really can't come up with anything that would sway me from choosing another hotel. We would DEFINITELY return. Easy access to the boardwalk, bars, restaurants and all in a clean, stylish service oriented hotel. We were Wowed. #GreatFirstImpression

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite facing South. (see pictures) So, you have a full facing view of ocean AN...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mike W
Mike W,

WOW – thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We love the feedback and couldn’t be more thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! It certainly sounds like you had a chance to experience all that the hotel as to offer from WET cabanas and FIT to Steak 954 and Whiskey Blue (and more!). We can’t to welcome you back. Please let us know when your travels bring you back our way by emailing GM.WFortLauderdale@Whotels.com (and kindly reference your Trip Advisor comment).

Chicopee, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My stay at the W was truly fantastic. I honestly didn't want to leave. The staff really goes above and beyond to be friendly, accessible and helpful with even the smallest of things. I especially love the Bliss products in the rooms. I am addicted to the lemon sage scent and the way the Bliss lotion lasts all day. The W in Fort Lauderdale is a class act.

Room Tip: There are two different types, stand up shower or tub. I had the shower set up and it was just awes...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
MonnetteSteele,

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay! And we have to agree, the bliss spa products are amazing. I’m glad you liked them!

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

So, yes this is a modern, first class hotel. And yes, the pool deck overlooking the ocean is great. And yes, they have a fantastic assortment of rooms, suites, and two bedroom apartments. Same for the spa, in room massages, night club, and restaurant. But for me, I keep coming back here because the staff is incredible. I have been going to this hotel long enough to see parts of management turnover (to other hotels in the chain), but the training of the staff never lapses. Every person we encounter here seems intent on making my stay special, from the first valet when we arrive until our bags are packed and we are on our way. We stay here at least twice a year, and this hotel is why I work my Starwoods points balance all year long!

Room Tip: Everything has ocean views, and we like staying on the south side of the hotel so we have the beach...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
David A,

Thank you for your review and your continued loyalty. I’m thrilled that you enjoy so many aspects of the hotel and that our team always makes you feel welcome. We certainly are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

From the moment we received our confirmation from Jody Doyle, the Executive Insider regarding our stay at the W Fort Lauderdale, everything exceeded our expectations. Jody reached out to us, asked how he could make our stay better and I responded letting him know that my boyfriend and I were visiting from DC celebrating his birthday and our one year anniversary, so we were just looking for some sun and asked for some recommendations in the area. He quickly got back to us and provided recommendations which were very helpful. When we arrived to the hotel, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. We stayed at the pool until our room was ready. And boy was it worth the wait. We were upgraded to an amazing oceanfront room with a huge balcony. It was one of the most amazing hotel rooms I've ever stayed in and made the weekend so memorable for both Brad and me. We were also welcomed to the room with a bottle of champagne and strawberries with a personal note from Jody.

These thoughtful touches which I am sure were time consuming, not only made our weekend get-away more special, it made me fall deeper in love with the Starwood (more specifically the W) brand. A special thank you to Raul, Jody, Mary Lynn (apologies for spelling on names) for making this vacation one we will truly cherish.

Room Tip: A room facing the ocean is definitely worth it and having a balcony was amazing.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
dustin_vick1982,

First of all Happy Birthday and Anniversary! Thanks so much for celebrating with you. I’m glad our team could make your getaway all the more memorable. We look forward to your next visit.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed at W Fort Lauderdale for business and pleasure. As a SPG platinum meber, I paid with Starwood points for 3 nights for a standard room and was upgraded to a 2 bedroom flat. The room was incredible This was my 2nd W experience ( previously in Hollywood CA). Although I was impressed with the W Hollywood, I prefer the Fort Lauderdale property as it's on the best location in Ft Lauderdale Beach and the pool is much larger. Be sure to go down to the Living Room for some drinks if you are there on a Saturday night after 10pm, the ambience was very impressive. Also try the Kobe filet at 954, the best Steak House in South Florida. The breakfast was equally as impressive and priced very reasonable. I did hear some people at the pool complaining about cost for drinks, snacks, etc however, I thought that the prices were very reasonable for a chic hotel in South Florida. My advice to the complainers, If you're looking for value, the W is not where you stay. There's a nice comfort inn down the street which is more suitable for frugal travelers. As a frequent visitor to Fort Lauderdale, I will defiintely be returning to this location in the near future. I will likely bring my family next time around

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Andres A,

Thank you so much for your review! I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to indulge at Living Room, WET and Steak 954. We look forward to your next visit!