“Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at the W Fort Lauderdale for 2 nights as a part of birthday surprise for my girlfriend. We had an amazing time! It's a wonderful place to just space out, escape from everything and enjoy life! Also people working there are making it so much easier and memorable! Here special thanks to Raul Lopez who helped me a lot in remembering this stay and mad it even more spectacular. Also big Thank you to Nicola Prior from Bliss Spa! She was just amazing with her kindness, help, customer service and knowladge. It's always a pleasure to be treated like that! We felt special and for that again big thanks to everybody there! Place is amazing but people create the atmosphere that you want to go back to! Will repeat for sure!

• Stayed March 2014
Lukdraki,

Wow, thanks so much for the stellar review. I’m thrilled to hear that so many of Talent members were able to make your stay all the more enjoyable. We are looking forward to your next visit!

LBosco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,140)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Westland, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed there during a huge storm. The valet service was not friendly at all and most of the staff was not friendly. I liked the location and the room was decent. Would I stay here again probably not

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
DKenneth608,

I’m sorry to hear that your recent visit did not meet your expectations, though we appreciate your feedback. We wish you safe travels on your future visits.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

It is all about U... - from our first experience with the Valet team, to the engineer fixing our TV ( yes it happens even to the best!) - the entire staff experience was impeccable. All is nice over there (building is W standard !), so to have that quality service added to this makes the experience perfect. I spent too much time in SPG hotels for work to take time and review each stay, this one was a "couple only" weekend - could not have ask for anything better - a definite "top of the list" for my next Florida visit.

Room Tip: Ocean front view / 19th floor and up...= Nice huge balcony to enjoy
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
chrisgirouxyellow,

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and that our team was able to make your experience all the more memorable. We look foward to your next Fort Lauderdale visit!

Southport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Really great room, with superb view of the ocean. Great facilities and cool looking interiors. The staff on whatever and whenever desk were very knowledgeable and friendly and gave us alot of advice and help.

Ian F,

I’m glad you enjoyed your recent stay and thank you for the great review. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is by far our favorite hotel in Fort Lauderdale. From the first class service to the amenities and restaurants this hotel can not be beat. Be sure to try Steak 954 for an exceptional dinner with ocean views.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Francin728
Francin728,

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! I’m glad you enjoyed your visit to Steak 954. We look forward to your next visit.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I had the best experience ever at the W Hotel Ft Lauderdale! The hotel staff is exceptional and took the time to make sure our 7th wedding anniversary was extra special. Damian at the front desk was so warm and welcoming and gave us a fantastic suite with an ocean view. He also sent a bottle of champagne to our room to help us celebrate our special occasion. I also had a perfect pedicure at the Bliss spa and got a stunning haircut at the Ted Gibson salon inside the hotel. My husband and I definitely plan to return!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are fantastic and have balconies.
1 Thank jamaicabride2
jamaicabride2,

Happy Anniversary! Thanks so much for celebrating with us. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and that our Welcome team was able to make your stay all the more memorable. We hope to see you again soon for another visit to bliss spa and ted gibson salon.

Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Spent a great weekend! We live on the West coast of FL so it's always nice to have a stay-cation and visit spas. Steak 954 was awesome. I think our server's name was Roger-awesome and personable. Food was outrageously good. The room was gorgeous with a beautiful ocean view. All staff were kind and polite. My only 2 comments for improvement: the pool attendants drop chairs when moving them and for the right price you can have chairs held for you in a prime location. The spa was under-whelming for a Bliss. No TP in the bathroom, the shower drain was clogged and the floor filling with water - then a used band aid floated by me. My robe had a hole in the arm. It's odd that the male massage therapists come in the ladies' locker room to call their guests. I had to quickly duck behind my locker because I was nude. The spa outdoor deck was dirty and the chairs face another hotels deck - not comfortable to have people looking at you when you are in a robe. Except for the therapists - there did not appear to be management around, not sure where they were for such a small spa. The massage was excellent - it's the rest of the experience that needs attention. Would definitely stay at the Hotel again - not likely to use the Spa.

1 Thank SpadirectorFL
SpadirectorFL,

Thank you for joining us for a staycation! I’m glad you enjoyed your overall stay and found our Team welcoming. And while I’m glad you enjoyed your massage, I’m sorry to hear about some of the challenges you encountered – though we greatly appreciate your feedback and have shared your concerns with our team in hopes of improving future guests’ experiences. We look forward to your next visit.