“Nice”

Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
plantation
“Nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here just for the weekend, as you may realize the price of everything at this resort is exspensive.
$ 30 plus per day to park.
$ 15 per drink.
we didnt eat at the resteraunt.
the room was nice and we had a nice view... the bed was a little to soft for me but my wife liked it.
the pool was real nice and the staff very attentive.
overall once you stepped into the lobby everyone made you fell very welcomed.

there are nice resteraunts not far away at beach place within walking distance,and if you explore the area there are a lot more options than just the hotels places to eat and drink.

Room Tip: I dont really know if there is a bad room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clydester
Clydester,

Thank you for joining us! I’m glad you had some time to experience Fort Lauderdale beach and that you felt welcome during your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

LBosco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,152)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My husband, 16 month old daughter and I stayed here for the weekend to see family visiting from Canada. Five star service, everyone is super friendly and attentive! Brian at the front desk was awesome and met all our needs. Food was pricey but expected. We ate dinner at Steak 954 which was delicious. Rooms were clean and very upscale, ocean views from our room were beautiful! We had a great stay and will definitely we coming back!

Stayed June 2014
JRN1313,

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to visit with your family. It’s also great that were able to indulge at Steak 954. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We ate outside overlooking the road and beach. Had the best burger I've ever tasted in my life here - it was also pretty cheap. Great service as you would expect from a W hotel. However the fries were too salty and I couldn't eat them.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kfogirl,

I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your burger at Steak 954! Thanks for visiting. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

To be very honest our favorite Starwood hotels are the Westins. And while I love the concept of the W usually the hotels end up being a little too modern for our taste?. This one however is very beautiful the rooms are gorgeous. The staff is great. The views were unbeatable.

There are 3 things however that I would change though:
1. They charge for beach chairs and umbrellas....Seriously???
2. The valet parking is your only option and it's I think outrageous at $32 per night.
3. The breakfast staff was pretty rude and their options are more like a snack bar than like a continental breakfast.

We still did an excellent review because over all the rest of the staff/amenities were in our experience able to over come the shortcomings.

Front desk staff, and room service are EXCELENT!

Room Tip: If possible the residences tower even though it's a longer walk I believe have a better view...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank danild
Danild,

Thank you for your review – I’m thrilled that our Welcome and IRD teams made you feel welcome. And it’s great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the views. While I’m sorry to hear of the challenges you encountered during breakfast, we do appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with our team in hopes of improving service. We certainly hope to you welcome you back again.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Our Memorial Day weekend was a blast. There was something at the W Fort Lauderdale for the whole family! Thanks for the special holiday pool party...the staff the food and the drinks were great. The W Fort Lauderdale will be my new Florida weekend getaway.

Room Tip: My SPG Platinum Guests upgraded was a lot more than I expected. All other Platunum benifits were ex...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kay K,

Thanks for joining us for the Memorial Day weekend! I’m glad you enjoyed our W Sounds of Summer elevated WET experience. We hope you can visit us again soon and hopefully make a splash as Salvation Sunday as we keep the poolside fun going through the summer!

Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was hesitant to stay at the W but decided to stay there for 3 nights over the Memorial day weekend---awesome place. Loved the run punch as I checked in and the bottle of champagne and OJ left in my room because I mentioned that I liked mimosas. The room was clean and the view was just incredible. My only two negatives--hot tub was small and filled with kids (although was open 24 hrs so I enjoyed it late nights) and the bathroom did not have a tub...other than that no complaints. Everything else was awesome. It certainly has a club feel so may not be for everyone. If looking for a traditional hotel--this is not it. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors---stayed on 15th floor and there was no noise in Tower 1
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
vinmahhar2,

Thanks for joining us over Memorial Day weekend – I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to relax at WET. We look forward to your next visit!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I would like to personally thank Ms. ERICA FOR HELPING ME FROM THE TIME I STEPPED FOOT IN THE HOTEL AND surprising me With a mini cake and champagne in my room . I was treated royally for my first time and it was my birthday. I will stay there again. Thanks again for the treatment. Also, I would like to add that the staff at bliss made me feel so comfortable and they too showed me a lot of love for my birthday. You will see me again also. Overall my stay was outstanding. Thanks again everyone.

• Stayed May 2014
gemini39,

Happy Birthday! We like the way you celebration – and couldn’t be happier to have been a part of it all. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit to bliss spa and your in-room surprise! We hope to see you again soon.