“Beach front!”

Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Helsingborg, Sweden
“Beach front!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

It is a good modern architecture hotel.
Some of the staff seems to just be happy students not really being educated to work in a hotel. Small mistakes, as no soap in shower, forgetting to make up room etc. But everything is taken care of immediately after the front desk got the complaint!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SwedeTravelling,

Thank you for your review. While I’m sorry to hear of the challenges you experienced, I’m glad our team was able to resolve them. We hope to welcome you back again.

LBosco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,152)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hotel is in a great location across the beach and close to restaurants and activities. You may have to take a cab or uber to Las Olas for nightlife. The hotel was clean. There was one big issue. Upon check out, I received a receipt with the total charges (which was just the valet parking). A few days later, they charge an extra $5 to my account for incidentals. Apparently, they thought I took some snacks in their room. I called Starwood, and they recently reversed the charge. Come on guys...you are better than that! Don't charge people the incidental hoping they will not notice and you get extra fees. It was extra frustrating as I already checked out and they gave me a receipt without any incidental charge. I am sure this is in their hotel financial model. Over charging and hoping people don't catch it in their receipts. I am even a Starwood Preffered Guest member. You are a publicly traded company. Do better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pete8937
pete8937,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay – we appreciate your feedback and have shared your concerns with our team for review. We appreciate your comments.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the W in Ft. Lauderdale for Memorial Day Weekend. We were extremely impressed with all of your staff--especially Bobby Harris, Jeffrey Lee, Raul Lopez and Alex Gold.
Bobby Harris welcomed us and assured our comfort throughout our entire stay. He went above and beyond to make sure we had a nice room with a great view and surprised us with roses and champagne for our anniversary and other goodies every night .
We spent the entire weekend poolside where Alex Gold treated us like true VIP guests, and it made our stay that much more special. He set up our chairs each morning and made sure we had everything we needed throughout the days.
Needless to say, we had an incredible weekend staying at this property, mostly due to the incredible staff. Being avid travelers, we valued that effort so much! It is because staff members like them that make the W Hotel brand the very best in the industry. Thank you and we look forward to returning this Labor Day.

Room Tip: The "Fantastic Suite" is great! Large balcony and lots of living space.
Ashley Y,

Thank you for you review and for celebrating with us – Happy Anniversary! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and that our Talent were able to make you feel all the more welcome. We certainly look forward to your next visit over Labor Day.

plantation
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here just for the weekend, as you may realize the price of everything at this resort is exspensive.
$ 30 plus per day to park.
$ 15 per drink.
we didnt eat at the resteraunt.
the room was nice and we had a nice view... the bed was a little to soft for me but my wife liked it.
the pool was real nice and the staff very attentive.
overall once you stepped into the lobby everyone made you fell very welcomed.

there are nice resteraunts not far away at beach place within walking distance,and if you explore the area there are a lot more options than just the hotels places to eat and drink.

Room Tip: I dont really know if there is a bad room.
1 Thank clydester
Clydester,

Thank you for joining us! I’m glad you had some time to experience Fort Lauderdale beach and that you felt welcome during your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My husband, 16 month old daughter and I stayed here for the weekend to see family visiting from Canada. Five star service, everyone is super friendly and attentive! Brian at the front desk was awesome and met all our needs. Food was pricey but expected. We ate dinner at Steak 954 which was delicious. Rooms were clean and very upscale, ocean views from our room were beautiful! We had a great stay and will definitely we coming back!

Stayed June 2014
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
JRN1313,

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to visit with your family. It’s also great that were able to indulge at Steak 954. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We ate outside overlooking the road and beach. Had the best burger I've ever tasted in my life here - it was also pretty cheap. Great service as you would expect from a W hotel. However the fries were too salty and I couldn't eat them.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kfogirl,

I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your burger at Steak 954! Thanks for visiting. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

To be very honest our favorite Starwood hotels are the Westins. And while I love the concept of the W usually the hotels end up being a little too modern for our taste?. This one however is very beautiful the rooms are gorgeous. The staff is great. The views were unbeatable.

There are 3 things however that I would change though:
1. They charge for beach chairs and umbrellas....Seriously???
2. The valet parking is your only option and it's I think outrageous at $32 per night.
3. The breakfast staff was pretty rude and their options are more like a snack bar than like a continental breakfast.

We still did an excellent review because over all the rest of the staff/amenities were in our experience able to over come the shortcomings.

Front desk staff, and room service are EXCELENT!

Room Tip: If possible the residences tower even though it's a longer walk I believe have a better view...
1 Thank danild
Danild,

Thank you for your review – I’m thrilled that our Welcome and IRD teams made you feel welcome. And it’s great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the views. While I’m sorry to hear of the challenges you encountered during breakfast, we do appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with our team in hopes of improving service. We certainly hope to you welcome you back again.