“Outstanding 2 night stay”
Review of W Fort Lauderdale

W Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Outstanding 2 night stay”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights during our wedding activities and this is where we spent our honeymoon night. Derrick our "Personal Concierge" went above and beyond! I cant say enough good things about how helpful and mannerly he was. He made our stay extraordinary. The rest of the staff was helpful as well i currently live in the area but will return to visit.

Robert C,

Congratulations on your wedding! Thanks for joining us during the celebration. I’m glad our team was able to make your stay all the more memorable. We hope to welcome you again soon!

LBosco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,160)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at the W before our RC cruise on Allure of the Seas. What an amazing beginning! The staff treated us like royalty and our room upgrade was absolutely beyond our expectations. The pool area was "fun;" the beach was relaxing; the location of the hotel was terrific (lots of nearby restaurants & entertainment). We almost didn't want to leave for our cruise and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. You never know!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Heather M,

Thanks for joining us prior to your cruise! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay – we hope your cruise was excellent as well and that we get to welcome you back again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is my first ever Trip Advisor review and I have traveled to 30+ countries but the W Fort Lauderdale is well deserving of it. I went for a long weekend and arrived early on a Friday morning. The hotel allowed us to check in early and upgraded us to a bigger room. The balcony was an added bonus as we got to still sit in the warmth but out of the hot Florida sun. Coming from NYC, any time outdoors is amazing! The food/restaurants in the hotel were good, but obviously pricey. The location is across the street from the beach and close enough to other little shops for you to walk around. The chairs/umbrellas are a separate company on the beach so there is an added charge. My flight was cancelled on the way home, so I came back to the W instead of the airline hotel and they upgraded me to the suite and it was such a great surprise. The staff were welcoming and friendly. Brian and Marco at the front desk were a joy to chat with.

Room Tip: Tower I is closer to the beach and Tower II is in the back of the building, but both are excellent.
YWang15,

Thank you so much for sharing your story on Trip Avdisor! We’re thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you liked your room and location of the hotel. While I’m sorry to hear that your flight was cancelled, I am pleased that we were able to welcome you back for another night. We certainly look forward to your next trip.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Had a quick staycation with my husband this past weekend and we loved this hotel! The service was outstanding! We were always greeted with a smile and staff went above and beyond every time! The pool is great and the food at the pool is great too (especially the veggie burger and fries!)

For those that are offended by the glass shower wall to the bedroom...if you are there with your signif other why do you care?! Great hotel and will for sure stay here again!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa P,

I’m so glad you enjoyed your staycation; thanks for joining us – we love our locals! I’m glad you found time to soak up some sun and snack at WET. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the W Ft. Lauderdale for a weekend. Let me start by telling you that we live in Ft. Lauderdale. There are many times we just grab a hotel on the beach somewhere between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale for a local Stay-cation. I mean we live in paradise, why go anywhere else?

So while looking for a nice place to share a weekend, we decided on the W Ft. Lauderdale. We spent a couple extra bucks and upgraded to the Spectacular room with a king bed. The room was great! I love the ultra modern look, and this room had it. Frosted glass door and wall separate the toilet from the rest of the bathroom. The shower has a glass wall which exposes it to the rest of the room which I really liked as well. I believe this only in rooms with king bed because they assume couples will be staying in them. Extra large closet with automatic lights. Big cloud-like fluffy bed. Two couches and a coffee table separate the sleeping area from the balcony. The balcony is really big and has a wicker chair and a lounge chair which overlook the beach to east. I believe every room has a view of the beach.

The pool was really nice. Big pool with see-through walls and a staircase that lead through the middle of it. There's a bunch of cabanas which you can rent for the entire day for really cheap (relative to other hotel cabanas). There is a bar and wait staff at the pool for drinks and food. There is a lot of seating available even if you get to the pool late. It's up on the 5th floor and overlooks the beach. They are strict about not bringing your own drinks to the pool, and they may even ask to check your bags.

Steak 954 is the main restaurant in the W. We had a really really good brunch outside overlooking the beach. The food was really good and we washed it down with some mimosas. That same night we returned for a nice steak dinner. I was really impressed with the dinner and the waiter, both were amazing. It was pricey, about what you'd spend at Ruth's Chris or Morton's, but Steak 954 could definitely compete with them.

The overall highlight of the W was the staff. Every single staff member was unbelievable friendly and accommodating, which is unusual for people in South Florida. We checked in early, planning to spend the day at the pool and beach until the room was ready. We couldn't believe they put us in our room 5 hours before check-in time. There are no ice machines in the hallways, but one call on the phone and buckets of ice were brought right up to the room. Even every bell-hop and valet driver you walked by greeted you and talked to you like a friend. I couldn't have been more impressed with how helpful and accommodating the staff was. They get an A++++++.

We had a great time at the W Ft. Lauderdale and this hotel will definitely be on the top of our list for our next Stay-cation. The value was great. While it's not the cheapest hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, I haven't found anything nicer for the price. It's definitely nicer the the W South Beach, and it's a fraction of the price. I highly recommend treating yourself to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't want a see-through shower, don't get a room with the king bed. If you do, enjo...
1 Thank Ryan S
Ryan S,

Thanks for joining us for your recent staycation – we love our locals! I’m so glad you enjoyed your room and peek-a-boo shower and had a chance to indulge at Steak 954 and WET. We hope you visit again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We booked a partial ocean view room and there was nothing partial about the amazing view! From the moment we arrived to valet parking to entry into the lobby it was a pleasant experience. I only had a few gripes, the connection cords for the DVD player weren't connected to the TV and there could've been some touching up with the shower curtain in the bathroom. Otherwise our room & balcony was spacious and the location was perfect a walk across the street to the beach and just up the street from the various shops & restaurants. This is definitely a property that I will visit again.

Kimberly H,

Thank you so much for your review! While I’m sorry to hear about the challenges you experienced, I’m certainly thrilled to hear that you loved your room and the view! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

New York
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I recently visited for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary and the service was excellent from the time we pulled up to the hotel/valet until we left. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite upon arrival and were spoiled with champagne and attention during dinner at Steak 954 courtesy of the staff's awareness of our anniversary! The poolside service, from towel/chair setup to the wait staff's frequent check-ins was just what we needed to truly feel like we didn't have to lift a finger during our stay :) We also loved the view from the pool deck, overlooking the ocean - the only complaint was the music was a little loud so you couldn't hear the ocean! There is a "quiet pool" but that one doesn't have the same view as the "fun pool". Overall - we would certainly return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nieb32,

Happy Anniversary – thank you for celebrating with us! I’m so glad to hear you had a relaxing and enjoyable time and that you had some time to indulge at Steak 954. Also, it’s great you were able to soak up some sun at WET East. We hope to welcome you back again soon!