“Wonderful time”

Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Katy, Texas
“Wonderful time”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a quick 2 night stay in early June. Hotel is in a great location! We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite in Tower II. It was clean, no problems. We used the hotel towel service on the beach and spent time at the pool of Tower II. Pool service there was super - great drinks, fast lunch service, they even gave dessert samples and cold cucumber wraps to use on our eyes! Can't say enough about this great hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Zoeytravels,

It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had some time to soak up the sun at WET West. I’m glad our team took great care of you – dessert samples…yum! We hope to see you again soon.

LBosco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,166)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

June 13th weekend, myself and some of my girlfriends decided to get together and have a stay vacation at the W hotel. Check in was great, the staff was very friendly and our room was perfect. We had dinner Friday night at the restaurant down stairs, Steak 954, I cannot tell you how impressed we were with the service and the quality of our meal. Definitely one of the best meals in a long time. After steak 954, we all went up stairs and spent our evening at the Living Room bar. We had a blast, the three bartenders were a great team together and made our night unforgettable!!. The only negative to our stay was our experience at the pool. We spent both Saturday and Sunday at the pool and both days were a big disappointment. it took so long to get a server over to order food and drinks so we decided to go to the bar. We waited forever to be greeted by someone as it seemed like all the girls very pre occupied talking amongst each other. When we were finally served it seemed as though the bartender did not want to even be there. Her attitude was a big disappointment. Sunday we had more friends join us for the pool party they put on which is open to the public. It was very busy and the dj was great but the service was even worse. Being a local, I would definitely not return to the W pool and pay $15 a drink for horrible and rude service. Other than that, I would definitely stay at the hotel and visit the Living Room Bar again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rebecca C
Rebecca C,

I’m so glad you were able to join us for a Girl’s Getaway/Staycation and am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room and Living Room. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience at WET – we’ve shared your feedback with our team in hopes of improving future guests’ experiences. We hope to welcome you and your friends back again soon!

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had a great weekend getaway. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel public spaces and pool are very nicely done. For a romantic weekend--I would have liked a little more visual and acoustic separation between the bathroom and the bedroom other than the glass door and peek-a-boo plate glass window that is provided--but the room was very pretty. There are a lot of restaurants and shops within walking distance of the hotel which was nice.

Room Tip: Ocean rooms only have a diagonal view of the ocean, but most seemed to have nice balconies for enjoy...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin P,

Thank you for your review! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to experience Fort Lauderdale a bit. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many W properties and this one is true to it's DNA. It's a very nice hotel that has the W edge and a great place for a couple. It is in a great location. The rooms are very nice and the meetings rooms are ideal for medium size groups. The staff was great and the whole scene is very W hip. I will be going back for a personal trip and I can't wait. Whiskey blues is in the hotel and the place is a great scene.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Keith K,

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay while here on business and that you had some time to experience Whiskey Blue. We look forward to your next stay!

West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at the W last week for 5 nights and had a great experience. From the moment I entered the hotel, the staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Everyone from the valet to the front desk and door-men were nothing but courteous. The hotel was very clean and the room overlooking the pool and ocean was spectacular. Fun fact: The room is very open and had a glass shower adjacent to the bed which adds an interesting element to the room if you are sharing with the right person (the rooms with double beds had closable blinds in case you are splitting with someone). Seriously though, everything was great and I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely be going back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Chris H,

It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our team was able to make you feel welcome! I’m glad you liked your room and we agree, the peek-a-boo showers do add a fun element! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've been coming to the Fort Lauderdale W since they opened.
I enjoy my visit and am treated as a valued guest each and every time.
I often stay at W hotels when I travel. I must say this is one of my favorite W hotels. The pool is one of my favorite spots at the hotel.
I'll certainly be back.

• Stayed June 2014
rshardman38,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty – we really appreciate it! I’m so glad you enjoy your time at WET. We look forward to your next visit!

Cooper City, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is perfect in every way! It's modern and stylish, the room and views of the ocean and intracoastal were spectacular...and the spa a perfect ending to a birthday weekend staycation. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
MNBenitez,

Happy Birthday! Thanks for celebrating with us for your staycation – we love our locals! I’m glad you enjoyed your visit and your trip to bliss spa! Hope to see you again soon.