“Perfect for the Weekend Getaway.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of W Fort Lauderdale

W Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Orlando, Florida
“Perfect for the Weekend Getaway.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel was perfect and just what I needed for a quick weekend getaway. I was looking to get away for a long weekend to celebrate my birthday and I was looking for something that I could get to near the beach. I had always wanted to try a W hotel so I figured why not take a chance and give this one a try. I am very glad I did.

The experience started several days before check-in with an email from the W Insider asking if there was anything I needed. I explained that I was celebrating my birthday and my friend and I were coming down for a nice weekend away. Upon arrival to the W, I was welcomed with a major room upgrade and even noticed a nice welcome gift in the room with a small birthday cake and beer to enjoy. This was just the start to a good weekend.

The room itself that we ended up in was a Mega Ocean View room. Well worth it in my opinion. The room is very spacious and offered great views of the ocean from both the sitting area and the bathroom. Being an SPG member, we were placed on a higher floor which was nice to be away from the noises below. Another nice option I like is the Make a Green Choice option to have a credit for your room or extra points for each night you skip having the room serviced. It really was nice to have the option and not waste.

The hotel itself is really fun and hip. Reminds me a lot of being in a high end club which is fun. The bars offer a good mix of beverages and are priced on par with what I expected for a hotel at this level. Where the hotel lacks in some respect is the availability of breakfast. Unless you want a full sit down meal, the options are very limited.

The pool here is the other place we spent time and it is fun. Being a weekend in the summer in Florida, it was packed but the pool staff found us a spot. It's fun to walk up to the pool as the stairs come up through the pool itself. Wait staff are attentive with drink orders and drinks came pretty quick. Note that pool can be very packed with children in the morning. We found that by afternoon it was mostly adults which was nice.

All staff we encountered were very attentive and helpful so no issues there. Overall, this was the perfect weekend away and I will definitely find a way to come back.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to have less noise.
Websteth,

Happy Birthday and thanks for celebrating with us! I’m glad you enjoyed your weekend away and had a chance to experience all the hotel has to offer – from Living Room to WET! We hope welcome you back again soon.

LBosco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,152)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was booking a Ft. Lauderdale weekend and had a hard time picking the perfect hotel that had a great pool and beach access. Bit the bullet and booked the W although there were other less expensive choices, but this was the PERFECT hotel. The rooms are nice and I requested a balcony which I would suggest. The pool was absolutely wonderful and on the weekends they have a DJ on staff that plays fun pool songs to set the mood. The beach is easily accessible and the hotel provides chairs and towels. The service at the pool was just OK but the food/bev selection was great. I will always stay at this hotel going forward when I visit! Loved it!!! The perfect fun vacation vibe!

Room Tip: Request a balcony!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Bethany N,

Thanks so much joining! I’m glad you liked the hotel and found some time to soak up the sun at WET and at the beach. It’s also great to hear that you plan on joining us again – we look forward to it!

Morristown, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I recently spend 5 nights at the W Fort Lauderdale and could not be more impressed with the staff and the amenities. Brian with the Insider was particularly helpful and insightful for "things to do and places to go". Thanks, Brian. As well, all staff members including bartenders, wait staff, housekeeping, concierge, poolside, and parking were well trained and attentive to our needs. Kudos to all and I recommend to all travelers to consider the W when visiting Fort Lauderdale.

Room Tip: I like the south side for quietness and dual ocean/city view.
gottagonow2014,

It’s wonderful to hear you that you enjoyed recent stay and that our Talent were able to make your visit all the more memorable. We appreciate the kudos and certainly look forward to your next visit.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We thought their website video promo looked cool and thought we'd give it a shot. We arrived and were first blown away by their location. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We checked into our room and loved how chic it was. The bed was very comfortable and the room was pristine. The steakhouse in the hotel had the best steak i'd ever eaten (even though it was $49 for just the meat). There were 2 pools, a great DJ and music selection, a younger (25-35) clientele, and the weather just made it that much better. The only real downside was the price. It is an upscale hotel so you will pay more for everything. I wouldn't recommend it for a family of 4 unless you have money to burn.

Room Tip: I don't know about any other room but become a SPG member and they'll upgrade you to the SPG...
Jswaby,

Thanks for your review! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and your visit to Steak 954 and WET. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a fantastic spot to really disconnect and get away from the everyday hustle and bustle. The rooms have a modern design, but are very comfortable. Overall this is a great property and probably one of the best in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed April 2014
Oscar R,

It’s wonderful that you were able to join us for a little getaway and disconnect for a bit. We hope to see you again soon!

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I like W's and have stayed in many. This is less chic than some but the room was not as dark as in others. The suite was very nice, modern, spacious and with a great beach and bay view (20th floor). The pool was fun with a DJ and plenty of seats. The bar was fun although Whiskey Blue was dead at 11pm when I checked it out so just went back up the bar. Everybody was courteous and provided solid service. Walking distance to the restaurant area along the beach. Do recommend it. For 12000 points, good value.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
TravelingAlex13,

I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and had a chance to experience WET and Living Room! We look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel is a wonderful place and staff was excellent. I switched hotels in Fort Lauderdale and it was a great trip. The first hotel was a time share hotel and I know why I would never buy a time share. The W has modern décor and the pool is not big but very nice. The staff at the pool were excellent and the service was the I ever had at a pool.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Christopher W,

Thank you for joining us! I’m glad you your family enjoyed your stay and your time at WET. We certainly hope to see you all again soon.