“The W is a very modern, shiek, and impressive hotel!!!!!”
Review of W Fort Lauderdale

W Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The W hotel is like no other.. Very shiek and modern! Incredible views, great location, great food, outstanding service, and very spacious rooms. I just wish we had stayed a little longer. We will defintely be back!!!
Thank you W for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: July 2014
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Bigjimsobe,

I’m so glad you enjoyed your recent visit and liked the hotel’s location and rooms! We certainly hope to welcome you back again soon…for a longer stay!

There are newer reviews for W Fort Lauderdale

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I was her for the first time. Great hotel and good place. Laying on the beachfront. Easy acess to the beach just over the street. Large hotel with fast and nice hotelstaff. The room was good but it was kind of weired with 2 doublebeds. Could easily been switched to a couch or comfy chairs. Went to the beach and enjoyed the pool. No problems, good food. Can say that this was perfect.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Weather76,

Thank you for your review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and the beach! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Probably one of the nicest hotels I have yet to stay at. Not only does it have a great location, interior design (both common areas as well as private rooms), but service was great and they have a wonderful restaurant located on site (Steak 954) and club/lounge (Whiskey Blue). Rooms with balconies showcase gorgeous views of both downtown/intercostal as well the beach. The pool has an awesome design where you can walk up "through the pool" and the hot tub is pleasantly hot! Even if you are not staying here I would highly recommend eating at Steak 954 with perfect views of the beach/ocean followed by drinks at Whiskey Blue.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

patterd7,

It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I’m glad you were able to indulge at Steak 954, Whiskey Blue and WET. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed there for business June 19-22, 2014. I changed rooms multiple times. My first room had hair in multiple places. I didn't even put my bag down. My second room had hair in it but I was so tired that I just went to bed. I emailed the concierge before going to bed and the manager called about 30 minutes later. They moved me to another room they next day. The third room had a nicer view but honestly, it still wasn't 100% clean. I travel with Clorox wipes for this reason.

Pros:
1. The concierge, Jay, was extremely helpful during all of my room changes. He gets an A+ for really working with me to resolve the issue. He even set a bottle to the room for my inconvenience.
2. Michael at the front desk was extremely friendly and also very helpful during the room changes.
3. The valets are all really nice. Do call down for your car so you don't have to wait. Also, valet is the only option for parking.
4. The restaurant is delish (the one at the Hilton next door is better though)
5. The pool is very nice.
6. Can walk to a lot of stuff.
7. Bliss spa! I got to Bliss monthly at home. I had a lovely massage while on business travel.

Cons:
1. The rooms just aren't really clean. I was in three different ones and there was hair and debris in all of them.
2. The beach chairs across the street are not part of the hotel. The chairs are owned by some other company. I think it is $12 to rent one.
3. The service at the bar and restaurants is sllllooowwww. I think this might just be a Ft. L thing because every other place I went to had horrible service too.

Long and short:
I would stay here again only if it was cheaper than all of the other places in the area. It just isn't worth the W money for all the hassles I had. However, the staff are nice and did their best to resolve the issue.

Room Tip: Ocean front is very nice. Of course, the higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AD2265

AD2265,

Thank you for your review. While I’m sorry to hear of the challenges you had with your room, I am glad that our team was able to assist you. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back to Fort Lauderdale again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I'm writing this because its rare that a hotel offers such exceptional service time after time. And thats just what the W Ft. Lauderdale always provides.
I come here every so often for quick weekend getaways and they never fail to deliver an awesome time. From the front desk service, which quickly resolved an issue that arose at check in, to the amazing rooms both my friend and I recieved, we were treated like queens. Not to mention the hotel restaraunt 954 has the best filet mignon and raw oysters in town!!
Whether its lying pool side and enjoying a cool drink or just relaxing in those comfy beds, the W Ft. Lauderdale is the place to go for a truly fabulous experience!!! Its a must!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Leslie F,

Thank you so much for your great review and for your patronage! I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your recent visit. We hope to welcome you back again soon for some more fun in the sun at WET and filet mignon & oysters at Steak 954.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Based on my experiences with W Hotels, some W hotels are amazing, and some can be a huge disappointment. This W is a little bit of both.

We were in Ft. Lauderdale for a short weekend and decided to stay at the W Hotel because we're hotel snobs and also Starwood Preferred Guests.

The hotel itself is a like your typical W: super trendy, fun, with beautiful views. There is a Ted Gibson salon on the first floor, and a Bliss Spa on the 4th floor. The pool is gorgeous, and there is a beautiful view of the beach from the hotel.

We arrived to the hotel a bit early, and were half-heartedly greeted by a man at the front desk. I am truly tired of people treating me as if they are doing me some sort of favor by actually doing their job, but anyway, that was what his demeanor was like.

He reminded us that we were early, and we asked if it was possible for us to have an early check in. He said he would check on the rooms and let us know. Let's just say, he did not let us know. We waited around for two hours, and had to approach him multiple times. At one point he physically "went to check" and then disappeared. Ridiculous. We get it, we're early. At least get back to us and let us know what's going on. We ended up being helped by a different gentleman who was able to get us a room after waiting around for two hours. Luckily there is a pool table, and outdoor terrace to keep people occupied.

So we finally got our room. We had a "Fantastic View Suite" of some sort. It was basically a one-bedroom suite on the 15th floor with an excellent view, a living room, two balconies and a huge bathroom. As we walked into the living room, I had to hold my breath. It literally smelled like a homeless person. It was absolutely disgusting.

My husband went down to speak to someone at the front desk, and during that time, the housekeeping manager came to follow up on the room. He was actually super nice, and I explained the situation to him. The minute he walked into the room, he agreed with me. He was extremely apologetic and said he would get us a different room. In the meantime, my husband got us a different room on the floor above. Although we were told that we received an upgrade, we actually ended up in the same room for the same price, which was close to $500 a night. There is also an additional charge for valet for each day.

The hotel itself is nice, but they are lacking in customer service. I would think of returning only because of the amenities in the area and the location, which is across the street from the beach. On the flip side, they offer fitness classes including yoga on the beach and are a quick walk to Starbucks, and many great restaurants on the strip. It is a party hotel at night, which most Ws are, with Burlesque dancers and such getting down dancing on the bar.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrssyed

Mrssyed,

Thank you for your review. I’m glad you enjoyed your overall stay but am sorry to hear of some of the challenges you experienced. We truly appreciate your feedback and have shared your concerns with our team for review. Should your travels bring you back our way, please do let us know by emailing us at GM.WFortLauderdale@WHotels.com and reference your Trip Advisor comment.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had a great weekend at the W for a "stay' cation for my husband's birthaday. When he said he wanted to stay there, I was very hestant. Two years ago, I stayed for a weekend with 2 girlfriends and it was a disaster from start to finish. We hated our experience. This time was completely different. It started out bumpy (room with "ocean" view had little view of the ocean and the flowers I had ordered for my husband had been delivered for hours but I could see them sitting behind the concierge desk while we were checking in). However, the manager, Jerry, couldn't have been nicer. We ended up with a corner suite with a decent view but the room was beautiful on the 20th floor. He gave my daughter a large white stuffed alligator (now named Mr. Chompers) and gave us access to a poolside cabana all day Saturday. It was fantastic! We ended up seeing local friends at the pool (who also had a cabana) and had a glorious day. Both my husband and I had poolside masssages with Antonio! He is fantastic! And, my husband said Noah's poolside service was excellent! My husband said it was one of the best birthdays he has had in a long time. Thanks to the W!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Rhonda M,

Thank you so much for joining us for your husband’s birthday staycation – we like the way you celebrate and of course, we love our locals! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to soak up some sun at WET with friends. We hope to welcome you all back again soon – Mr. Chompers too!