“Stylish birthday weekend”

Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Chicago, Illinois
“Stylish birthday weekend”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We traveled to the W Fort Lauderdale in January to escape the polar vortex. The trip was a birthday present to my wife.

The first thing you notice about the hotel is the striking lobby. It is a nice place for cocktails or to play pool.

Check-in was a bit slow but we were rewarded with a fantastic upgrade to a two bedroom condo. This was an outstanding unit and we took dozens of photos from the nice balconies. It was fantastic.

The concierge assisted me with some dinner reservations in advance of my trip and these were quite helpful. I found the staff to be very helpful in general. Except the valet people, who appear to work off a different sense of time than most people.

The other big highlight of the hotel is the very stylish pool. It has a great design and on the weekend a DJ played some excellent tunes.

We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Condo units are wonderful
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Letsgofire,

I’m so glad we were able to be a part of your warm weather getaway and your wife’s birthday – thanks for celebrating with us! It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your room and WET! We hope to see you again soon.

LBosco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,168)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I stay at the W Fort Lauderdale a few time every year and it never disappoints. The location is great, the views amazing and the staff is very attentive. It remains one of my favorite Starwood properties. The hotel has a great vibe but doesn't go over the top like the South Beach venues do - in fact, if you are looking for a "scene" then this hotel is not for you.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dave W
Dave W,

It’s wonderful that you enjoyed your visit! And thank you for your loyalty – it’s our pleasure to welcome you and we hope to have the opportunity to do it again, soon.

Trondheim
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very nice hotel for adults and older children. Not as suitable for younger children. The hotel has a great atmosphere and is very modern in design. We have stayed there before and will stay there again when we are going to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Hege S,

Thank you for your review! I’m glad you enjoyed your recent stay and plan on visiting again. We look forward to welcoming you!

Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Very nice hotel right off the beach and we got a very nice two bedroom suite. Check in was smooth less and great customer service when checking in. We stayed in Tower II with a two bedroom suite which was very roomy and comfortable. Hotel is just across the street from the beach and the pool is on the side of the beach so you get great views of the beach. My only issue with the pool is that they have the music very loud so if you are trying to relax and nap that isn't the place, head to the beach. The pool also gets very crowded although the pool service was fantastic. I feel this hotel is more tailored to adults versus children. Because it is a popular hotel you do have other people coming that don't stay there. We ran into a group of young kids trying to go up the elevator without a key. Then there were several parties, it seemed, in some of the rooms so we did have to call security more than once. The walls are thin so you can hear loud noises or if someone is in their balcony and being loud you can hear them too. If you want a nice quite and relaxing hotel, I don't think this is the place for you. I do like how close the hotel was to restaurants and bar and great place for a walk/run.

Room Tip: A room with both the beach and canal view is great and ask for Tower II rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Delia G,

Thank you for yuor review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and had some time to soak up the sun at WET and the beach. Thank you for feedback regarding the music at WET; we appreciate the comments. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Spring, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My evening in Ft. Lauderdale didn't start out how I wanted it. We had missed our connecting flight home due to weather and were stuck overnight. We decided to make the best of it, so we rented a car and checked into the W.

When we arrived, we found that my SPG membership had expired so Jay at the front desk activated a new membership card for me. Once he found out that it was my anniversary, he upgraded the room for my wife and I and gave us a $25 resort credit. It's little things like this that make a hotel successful and prompt customers to return.

But it didn't stop there - Jay also gave us a complimentary late check out for 2:30 and arranged for us to use the hospitality suite until 3:30 since our plane wasn't scheduled to leave until 6:30. I know it's not a lot, but again, little things make all the difference.

The hotel was beautiful and was directly across the street from the beach. There are also many restaurants and bars in the area within walking distance. Should we ever find ourselves in Ft. Lauderdale again, we'll absolutely be staying at the W.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael M,

While I’m sorry to hear that your travels were off to a rocky start, I’m thrilled that our Concierge were able to turn things around! Happy Anniversary – we’re glad you were able to celebrate with us and hope to see you again soon.

Suitland, Maryland
Reviewed 6 August 2014

From check in to check out and all in between. The staff at the W Hotel Fort Lauderdale take customer service seriously. I was more than pleased by the warm and sincere smiles and the "can do" attitude. I will definitely plan to make this my hotel of choice when returning to Fort Lauderdale. Kudos to the W Hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Covella S
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Covella S,

I’m so glad you enjoyed your recent visit that our Talent were able to make your experience all the more memorable. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in a flat that was amazing. Beautiful rooms and friendly staff. In a great location. Thanks for a wonderful stay. The steak house inside the W was out of this world Will definitely return to the W

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
LBosco, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
CaptCanaveral,

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to dine at Steak 954! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!