“W - Fort Lauderdale” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“W - Fort Lauderdale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Let me just describe our stay with one word......."bliss".
We had an outstanding stay. The hotel was class A from top to bottom. Excellent service and courtesy. Clean, luxurious.....location is excellent - rigth across from wonderful beach. 24 hour pool was also a huge immense plus. Never saw this before anywhere else. And I have travelled a bunch. This was a first for me. Would reccomend for sure and will go back again next year !

Room Tip: Definately ask when you check in if you can be upograded or ask for different room options and the s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Richard D,

We love your one word description – it’s even the name of our spa! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and had some time to soak up the sun at WET and the beach. We look forward to welcoming you back next year, or sooner!

LBosco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,140)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I've been in FLL several dozens of times (work related). I've also had the change of walking several times on the beaches. But when I first decided to be there for a week on vacations with my family, I could not imagine what was about to happen on my W Fort Lauderdale stay.

First, at check in, as an SPG Platinum member, I was offered an Upgrade from my two Queen bedroom to a Suite. Again, as a PLAT, you're used to that, and that's an AWESOME way to start ANY vacation. This guy from the from desk (Brian was his name!) was so kind and so informative, that the start of the week was just great.

But Let me tell you, I walked to a lot of suites in a lot of SPGs properties, Sheratons, Ws, Westins.. but at the moment I've opened the door of room 609 at Tower II.... That was the biggest smile of my whole family and myself also.

It was a dream. It was the perfect blend of a luxury apartment and a hotel suite. Terminations detail, decoration, quality, everything was top notch. Full Kitchen, oven, microwave, dishwasher, full washing machine ... I felt like home away from home, only different was that W home was much better than mine.

From that moment until the very last day, every single aspect of my stay was just perfect.

Housekeeping staff was thoughtful, kind and very very nice. They completely understood our "vacation" schedule and they shifted their times to clean up our room just not to interrupt us. Awesome.

Pool and bar staff, always kind and prompt. It's amazing how far a smile will take you. Like for instance Gina on the West side swiming pool (which is perfect if you have little kids and want them to play without bothering others) :)

At the beach, you have the towels so you don't have to carry them which can be a pain. That's cool.

Wiskey blue and common areas of the property, are just the best. No thing to say about that.

All in all, gosh... I hated to check out :(
Looking forward to next year, I'll try to make it once again to FLL

Room Tip: Do not worry if you don't get an Ocean View room, all of them are great
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Aldo Z
Aldo Z,

Wow, thank you so much for your stellar review and for your continued to loyalty to Starwood Hotels & Resorts – we love our SPG members! I’m thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your suite upgrade and had some time to enjoy the on-property amenities like WET and Whiskey Blue. We look forward to your trip next year!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

The W Fort Lauderdale does not disappoint. The super friendly and helpful staff are second to none. Nice big, clean rooms with ultra comfortable beds made it a family vacation to remember. With 2 teenage kids there was plenty to do. The beach is right across the street and the pool and cabana service are great. I definitely recommend staying. 10++

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
ctF1nut,

It’s wonderful to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay and had time to soak up the sun at WET and the beach. We hope you all can visit again soon for some more fun in the sun!

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I was traveling for work and the staff went out of there way to help me feel at home. They do a great job at this hotel. Great location. But most of all better service and staff. It is my go to place in the state. Keep up the good work. Highly recommended. !!!

Room Tip: Wonderful room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
David P,

I’m so glad that our team made your business travels all the more memorable. We hope to welcome you again for business or leisure!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

The moment I arrived at the hotel the service was great. I arrived a few hours earlier, but I was able to access the amenities the hotel had to offer from the pool to the living room lounge. My overall experience was nothing, but greatness. Thanks W.

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
Terika Y,

Thank you for your review! I’m so glad you enjoyed your experience. We hope you visit us again soon.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

SOOOO we went to south beach and we were put in a closet...literally a closet. We wanted an ocean view and we might as well have put a postcard on the wall and gazed at it. I was so frustrated I called the W ft lauderdale at the last minute and the desk manager took my call . She was amazing really special She said Ms richey I will call you when your room is ready I understand what you want. MY husband and I arrived to a room with a huge balcony view of the ocean we could not just see it and feel the breeze we could hear it too. Music was playing on our arrival and it was a burned CD of my favorite groups. We LOOKED AT THE NIGHT STAND AND HERE WAS A PICTURE OF US....really a picture of us with cupcakes. I was soooo over the moon I almost cried. My husband was looking for a hidden camera LOL. I am a W girl always thank you W ft Lauderdale

Room Tip: ask for the rooms on the 20th floor and up with the full ocean view it is worth it!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
CAR92573,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your customized amenities made your stay all the more memorable. It’s also wonderful that the balcony and views from your room were enjoyable. We certainly hope to welcome you back again!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I am going to keep this very short as this complaint has already been passed to SPG.
During my 4 night stay I was physically threatened and racially abused by another guest in the pool.
He was incredibly drunk and loud.
His language was disgusting and when I asked him to moderate his volume and language, he physically threatened me and racially abused me.
The bar staff had been serving him double jack Daniels and coke. He was also pouring alcohol from a bag next to his lounger.
Many other guests commented about his behaviour, but nothing was done until I spoke to security.
Eventually security dragged him away.
At this point I put a call in to the GM.
The GM did not respond to this.
The next day, the guest was back at the pool and drinking again.
Yet again I put a call into the GM.
I was eventually contacted by a department manager.
It beggars belief that a guest can be threatened yet the GM ignores 2 phone calls.
Lessor learnt. No more American W hotels for me.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike E
Mike E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review; we appreciate the feedback. I understand that our Team has been in touch with you personally to address your concerns. Should you need anything else, please do not hesitate to reach out to us again.