“Fresh food and great views”
Review of Coconuts

Coconuts
Ranked #18 of 1,335 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$5 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Central Beach
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Fresh food and great views”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stopped by restaurant during their Happy Hour and had some of the best appetizers from their menu, including chicken wings, ribs, seafood snacks. The prices were extremely reasonable compared to other places in Key West. The restaurant is on the marina pier and you can easily look at great boats in the marina and is a great place just to watch people

Visited November 2013

Annapolis, Maryland
“Went here 3 times during my 4 day trip”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Granted this place was within walking distance from our hotel (Bahia Mar Doubletree by Hilton), it was the great food that made us keep coming back.

Scoobies is highly recommended. Blue crab claws served in olive oil, garlic, scallions, parsley and maybe some butter. I'm sure I'm missing some ingredients, but it was a very good preparation to serve the crab claws.

Lobster roll was good, but having lived in an area where Lobster rolls are staple food, I thought their version had a bit too much mayo for my taste. The proportions were perfect though, lots of lobster meat.

My brother had the Pompano fish of the day, which was also delicious.

Drinks were good, though a bit on pricey side. I guess it's a touristy area. Automatic 18% gratuity was added to the check for any sized party, which I think is the normal for this area.

Ambience is typical of what you'd expect for any restaurant near a marina. It has outdoor marina views and inside area that does not typically stand out.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Food”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We have eaten here before, but tonight's dinner was awful. Baked chicken was dry and rubbery as if it spent 2 days in a crockpot. Out of the side I wanted, so I got Mac and cheese. How do you ruin Mac and cheese? Fill it full of raw onions. Horrible.

• Visited December 2013
Orinda, California
“Greatest view of all of the million dollar yachts !”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The best cold slaw that I have even eaten. I was very disappointed in the Stone Crab. It was very very expensive and the claws were very small. They also tasted as if they had been frozen and not fresh. Their raw oysters were also very expensive - but good. I will return and try the oysters during their 'Happy Hour'.

• Visited November 2013
“Consistently delicious food in an easy breezy atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Every time I come to Fort Lauderdale, the place is a must-stop! Fresh ingredients and delicious food. I like to eat outside and look into the water to see my yacht, okay, someone else's yacht :-)

1 Thank Cristina C