“Customer service”

Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Bristol, Connecticut
“Customer service”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I just reserved 3 rooms for August 2014 on their website and as an oversight, 2 of the 3 rooms were booked as Advanced Purchase instead of the AAA rate. Knowing that our vacation is 6 months away, I prefer to have all of the rooms booked at the AAA rate so that I have the ability to change or cancel in any unforeseen event. I first spoke with the manager on call and, even though Advanced Purchase rates are final, she was very understanding. I was then switched over to Marianne who gladly corrected my reservations. She too was very pleasant & later corresponded via email to answer all of my questions. I found the customer service of il Lugano to be outstanding & look forward to spending our summer vacation with this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jonadona
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear jonadona:

Thank you for your feedback and I'm so glad to see that you are returning with us in August. I couldn't agree more and am grateful that you found our customer service to be outstanding. I'm glad that Marianne was able to assist you as well. See you in August!

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Turkish first
Ann Arbor Michigan
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This is one of those bitter sweet reviews, I hate to write more of the positives as this place is probably the best value in Lauderdale. We spent 2 nites after a cruise and the time here was the highlight of the entire trip. Location on the canal is great for water taxi ride, which you have to do. Easy walking distance to 3 or 4 small local shops for breakfast or lunches. The rooms were just great, clean, convenient and very comfortable. Staff was always available, helpful and nice folks. The little back canal patio with lounges is a wonderful spot for a little R&R. Overall we loved our stay, would recommend and will stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 2964:

Thank you kindly for your great review and detailed feedback. I'm trilled you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to your next stay with us and thank you again for your time!

Best Regards,

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I planned a trip for 28 people and from the moment I contacted Il Lugano for a quote through execution of the event and our departure, everything was handled seamlessly, efficiently and with unbelievable customer service.

I have to give a huge thanks to Debbie Taylor for her quick turnaround with a contract and for overseeing all of our plans including the room reservations, food & beverage, transportation, etc.
Implementation of our meeting room setups including A/V equipment, breakfast, lunch and snacks was handled brilliantly by Carly and Matthew. Finally, Amanda and Alexis were also great to work with on our catering orders and especially the buffet dinner setup outside on the beautiful patio area overlooking the water.

Absolutely everyone however, including the front desk reception staff, valet personnel and restaurant staff, made our group feel welcome and ensured that we had an enjoyable and stress free stay. I HIGHLY recommend this property for business or leisure travel because the lobby, hotel rooms, and outdoor spaces, along with the waterfront views, are gorgeous and the environment is so comfortable and relaxing. Thanks again to Il Lugano for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Heidi704:

We couldn't thank you more for the wonderful review and your positive feedback from your recent meeting with us at the il Lugano. Everyone on our team has read your review and we are all so appreciative that you had such a great experience. Thank you for acknowledging Debbie, Carly, Matthew, Alexis, Amanda and the rest of the team! We appreciate your recommendations and look forward to hosting your next event or your next relaxing vacation.

Kind Regards,

Jamison,Pa
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We booked this hotel based upon excellent reviews from other guests that posted on TripAdvisor. Everything exceeded our expectations. The Lugano suite was perfect and so spacious and well appointed. Our suite was not ready when we arrived so we walked down the street to a very high end sports bar named Bokampers. The food was just amazing! When we returned our suite was ready. We had reservations at the hotel restaurant but were just too tired to go down to dinner since we were up since 4:30am. Room service dinner was fantastic! The Caprese Salad and Margarita pizza were both delicious. Room service breakfast was hot and on time and very well done! The bell staff are so friendly and warm and accommodating. I found them to be much warmer and interested in the guest than what I experienced with the front desk staff. Frankly I found my initial contact with the front desk staff to be somewhat cold and uninterested in my requests until the saw my American Express Platinum card. This surprised me since other reviewers have stated that they had such positive experiences. That said, this hotel is a keeper. I have stayed over 25 times at the Westin Diplomat and overall this hotel is a better value and far superior from my perspective. I will return.

Room Tip: High floor Lugano Suite
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia G
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Patricia G:

Your feedback is one of the many reasons why we encourage our guests to not only read tripadvisor reviews but to also go ahead and submit reviews as well. Thank you for doing just that and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the il Lugano and with da Campo Osteria. I apologize that your initial impression of service wasn't great but I am also delighted that you acknowledged the friendly bellmen and we look forward to your return!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Pros:
I'm picky with boutique hotels and expect something to annoy me. Everything about the hotel, restaurant, staff, and location were fabulous. Comfy bed, late check out, beach access, shops and dining... Great.

You HAVE to go to the on site restaurant and order the fresh pulled mozzarella. My wife and I went back JUST for that after an off site dinner. Cute little spa steps away from hotel and great Italian bakery about two blocks away.

Cons:
I was hoping for a less expensive hotel rate, booked through hotel tonight and got it for $259 a night, which was decent in this area for what we wanted. Valet was an extra $30ish a day and dinner at the on site restaurant was around $120. Also, our room, 601, was right beside the hotel gym. Around 7am we learned how thin the walls were, at the head of our bed anyway. Heard the thumping of treadmills and free weights with Daft Punk blaring until 10am.

Would definitely stay here again, not in room 601, though.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nate D
Dear Nate D:

I'm happy to hear that everything about the hotel were fabulous in your eyes! We understand that guests have a very high expectation of service and product when they arrive at the il Lugano and it's great to know that we delivered. We look forward to your return and when you do, please let us be aware of your preference to be away from the fitness center, we'd be happy to accommodate you.

Kind Regards,

Gustavia, St. Barthelemy
Reviewed 21 February 2014

What a wonderful place to stay! The suite size is very nice, almost like your own little apartment with a balcony that connects your living room to your bedroom with an amazing ocean view. The suite comes with everything you want and the breakfast buffet in the attached restaurant is as wonderful as the bar / sitting area next to reception. Enjoy sitting outside right on the inter-coastal and we will be staying here again!

Room Tip: No such thing as a bad room here just ask for rooms on the higher floors for the best views!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear tripsavage:

Thank you so much for your generous review. I am truly delighted that you had such an amazing stay and we appreciate you taking the time to write about it. We will see you again soon!

Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 February 2014

If you want a wonderful hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Il Lugano is it. Rooms, service, views, location, all perfect. The true test of a hotel, is how they resolve an issue for a guest. We had two small situations during our 9 day stay. One day we returned mid afternoon and our room had not been made up yet. They offered to do it right away but we were tired and declined the offer. Later we went out for dinner about 7:30, returning about 10:30. When we got back, the room had been made up. First they remained aware that the room had not been done, and second they had someone do it at night. Next, we like to fall asleep with the tv on, and have it turn off via the sleep feature on the remote. This feature wasn't working on our tv and I didn't realize it until late our first night as we were going to bed. I called the front desk to see if someone could look into the problem the next day. They asked if someone could come up now. Juan did, looked at the problem, asked if we could wait a few minutes. He returned with a new tv and remote which he had tested before he brought it up. To most people this would be a nonissue, but for us it's important. Anything, and I mean anything, the hotel was ready to help make your stay a wonderful one. They have regular rooms and one bedroom suites. Our suite was extremely comfortable, beautiful view, all amenities, and a great experience. We'll be back next year. Don't forget a nightcap with Linzy in the cozy lobby bar.

Room Tip: Our room 912 was perfect.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley K
Dear Lesley K,

Wow what a great review! Thank you so much for your great feedback and for acknowledging Juan, Lindsey and the rest of the team here at the il Lugano. We pride ourselves in making every guest's stay as special as can be and I'm delighted to hear that we were able to do that for you.

Best Regards,