“First class hotel/Great Location”

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Brooklyn, New York
“First class hotel/Great Location”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed in a suite overlooking the intracoastal waterside in Lauderdale by the Sea. Our room was spacious, clean with a modern bathroom. there is a really cool restaurant on the ground floor, Valet Parking and close to the beach, bars, and shoppes. About 20 min from the airport and close to all major highways. Staff was very nice and showed a willingness to help. The only thing they could have improved upon was having a power strip or more electrical outlets by the desk. Overall, a very pleasant experience and a great value for the money.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank grknyc
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Grknyc,

Thank you for taking time out to share your great thoughts on our property, we love it also. Please visit us again very soon.....

Safe Travels to you......

Seth M. Berkeley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Staying here was one of the highlights to me and my hubs vacation. The hotel was within budget...(although I think they can reduce the $27 a day valet parking) and the staff was fantastic. Il Iguano is what most hotels should aspire to be. It was close to many many restaraunts: Las vegas Cuban Cuisine, Burgerfi, the restaraunt in the hotel ( sorry forgetting the name as I type). It's also really close to target and walgreens for your last minute shopping needs. Loved every minute of our stay. Will definitely come back whenever we take a trip to Florida.

Room Tip: Intercoastal water way view was nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank meme0440
Dear Meme,

We are so happy to make this for you and your husband your home away from home and I agree that we are in an amazing location. Please come back home again very soon.

The best to you,
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Found this hotel on Orbitz otherwise probably never would have found it.

For the price it was under a hundred.

When I checked in I was complimentary upgraded to a suite 3 room. Wow. Great view of city and Atlantic.

Having stayed all over the world this was clearly one of the best.

Also ate in the Resturaunt "Da Campo Oseria" italain and it was also top notch.

I give This hotel two thumps up
and two toes as well. Great place.

• Stayed June 2014
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear CJM, thanks so much for the fabulous review!!! We are very proud of our hotel and restaurant and are glad you took the time to let everyone else know how great they are!. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best regards - Amanda Hawkins-Vogel/General Manager
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Next to Bokampers on the intracoastal waterside in Lauderdale by the Sea, is this really cool hotel/condo with a really cool restaurant on the ground floor. I came here 9 years ago when it first opened. Party of 10. Great memories, great food. Sadly I've not returned since then. I could kick myself for waiting so long. Hand crafted pulled mozzerala is still on the menu. I went for the boring Caprese option but it was anything but.
Short rib Ravioli to die for.
Will be back!! Lindsay the bartender was great.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Bahamasreviewer,

We are very happy that you remembered us after so long, thank you for sharing your experience about our fantastic restaurant and your thoughts on Lindsay our excellent bartender. Please do not wait that long to see us again.....come back soon!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

If you are looking for a beautiful venue to have an intimate wedding Il Lugano should be your #1 choice. I’ve been working with them for the past 15 months planning my wedding and it has truly been a dream. The hotel is beautiful and is located on the intercostal!

The catering department is attentive, kind, and thoughtful. I don’t know where they find the staff but they are miracle workers. You can’t find a better team than Rebecca and Amanda! These women not only help me plan a wedding but also created a memorable experience that kept me positive when the planning process became overwhelming. Customer service was this hotels #1 priority.

On the day of our brunch wedding I felt completely relieved of all duties. Amanda had everything running smoothly and didn’t bother to give me updates when problems aroused. My guests were in love with the intercostal views for the ceremony and cocktail hour, which were located on their newly built deck and the lawn. The food was also spectacular! Everyone raved about the wide variety of choices and the quick service from the staff.

I got married two weeks ago and every time I think about that day I feel as if there couldn’t have been a better choice then Il Lugano. I have no complaints and all the gratitude for their making my wedding day so special.

If you are a bride on a budget and want to have a spectacular wedding with little sacrifice or if you are looking for great customer service you need look no further!

Lastly, the hotel itself is quite beautiful. The rooms are modernly decorated and spacious. Their restaurant de Campo Osteria (who catered our wedding) has a delicious menu. Be sure to try the fresh mozzarella dish because it will have your taste buds going crazy!

-A Happy Wife! BH

Room Tip: Ask for intercostal views for your hotel room. They are the best!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bianca D
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Happy Wife!

This makes us so happy and proud of our property and staff, you deserve the best on your special day and for sure you have received it. We wish you a million years of perfect bliss and invite you back anytime to celebrate your anniversaries to come. I will pass along those sweet words to Amanda, she truly is fabulous.

The best to the both of you!!

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I came in for lunch on a Wednesday afternoon with some friends. My day was not going to well, however once I walked into the de campo restaurant Judith the server welcome me with the brightest smile I ever seen. With her positive energy and great knowledge of the menu, she recommended me a wonderful entree and made my day very pleasant.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jensen I
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Jensen,

We are glad that we were to make your day brighter. Judith is a gem and the food in our restaurant is exceptional. Come back to brighten any day whenever you like!! The best to you!

Cumbria, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Il Lugano for one night after watching England v Honduras at the Miami Dolphins stadium. I had chosen it because we wanted a special meal for my birthday with the convenience of staying on site, given we don't know the area and had done a lot of driving as part of the trip. We found it through Trip Advisor.
The hotel is all-suite accommodation, which was not actually a criteria in our search, and we had a Junior Lugano suite which was by our standards large and luxurious, featuring a good sized lounge and dining area just before the bedroom area, which had views across the unremarkable surrounding developments and land to the ocean beyond. The suite also had a good sized balcony, separate closet for washing machine and dryer, and decent sized bathroom with shower over, and toilet trough door off to one side. Other facilities /equipment included large fridge/freezer, TVs in bedroom and lounge, a Bose music system, dining table and chairs, and several closets.

We were pleased to have a very quiet and effective aircon system after staying in more modest guest house /resort type accommodation in the Florida Keys with turbo charged boxes on the wall!

The reception staff member was extremely friendly and efficient, as was the valet parking attendant, and indeed everyone we dealt with.
The hotel was easy to find with the help of satnav/GPS and Google Maps, and we felt safe at all times on the approach to the hotel. It took us about 35 minutes from the Dolphins stadium once we were free of the car park, and just over two hours next day to get back to Fort Myers via the I-75.
Finally, the da Campo Osteria which is on the ground level with views on to the intracoastal waterway is exceptional, but I'll review that under restaurants.
The suite cost $178 including taxes, which we thought tremendous value, breakfast for two $45 (there were other options but this was a fairly typical cost) and valet parking $27 plus optional tip. The restaurant bill for two was more than the suite, but that was our choice and lack of restraint given the birthday occasion. You could have had dinner for two and wine for less than the cost of the suite.
Unreserved recommendation, and we hope to return next time we're in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rick C
Dear Rick,

We are so happy that you chose us as your birthday destination. I agree that we offer a huge value with the suites that we offer. Please come back and relive another birthday with us in the future to have another fantastic weekend.