“Excellent stay”

Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

A true gem of a property in a building right on the beach. Once you come through the doors, it's all good! The ambience and the staff just make this location second to none. We took advantage of the exclusive beach access and fantastic breakfast overlooking the beach!
If you have a choice, and can swing it, this is truly a wonderful hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for this excellent review! We are so glad that your stay with us was such a pleasant one. We love to hear how much you loved our staff members, location and views! We hope you stop by again for a stay in the near future. Thanks again for the review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,030)
  • Finnish first
Banff, Canada
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We first stayed at this property 4 years ago and now we visit Fort Lauderdale each year for a few days in December and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. Looking very Colonial in appearance, I thought the property was 50-60 years old and was very surprised to find out that the property is now only 10-11 years old. The decorations in the lobby and the outside porches overlooking the ocean are magnificent but it is the staff that truly make this place a 'must stay' type of property. The doormen ... the valet drivers ... their bell staff (especially Enrique) ... their restaurant staff ... in fact their entire staff, as everyone greets you as if you are their best friend. They have oversized rooms (suites actually), which are incredible with a separate TV and sitting room from the bedroom and each suite is right on the water, with a balcony. Last year we took our two grown up children and two grandkids, before the cruise we had and subsequent visit to Nassau and all said the stay at this property was the highlight of their holiday. A short distance away from the actual strip, this Hotel has its own private beach, swimming pool and nice little gym. Their restaurant is very good and they have a great little bar just off the lobby. It is a short drive to a large shopping centre and many of Fort Lauderdale's good restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for this wonderful review. We love to hear about your loyalty to Pelican Grand! We are so happy to hear how much you loved our location and landscape! We are glad that the amenities were able to make your stay with us that much better! Thank you again for this review. We hope you stop by and visit us again in the near future.
westchester
Reviewed 7 December 2013

First of all the hotel looks really pretty from the outside. The staff at the front desk is very nice But... I asked for my luggage to be put away because my room wasn't ready... it was about 1 hour before someone came. Luckily I was chatting with someone in the lobby. The hotel is in a great location, right on the beach and I had a nice view from my balcony. The bed was lovely and double sheeted, but what was with the 1980's lace curtains?? Did anyone tell them that lace went out over 20 years ago? and I only saw them in B and B's not hotels! I was there for a business meeting so I did not use any of the facilities. Food in the restaurant was fine. When I returned home I had a $479. charge on my CC. My room was a direct bill to my company. I called the hotel who told me that they put a hold on everyone's cc the first day for incidentals.
$479.00 how absurd. Reservations told me they would have someone call me back. I said that was unacceptable and got the front desk. He seemed to act very confused and said that they usually only charge $50 or $100.. and had no explanation for the $479. and offered no apology either . He said he would look into it . I have been traveling for 40 years and I have never had such a thing appear on my credit card . By the way I had 0$ charged to my room. It has since been removed from my credit card.
I would not recommend this hotel for this practice alone. There are far too many other hotels in Fort Lauderdale that DO NO do this . It is also far from Las Olas, the Riverwalk and all the places you want to be in Fort Lauderdale. The beach is nice.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a view of the ocean
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank mahopac
Thank you for this review. We are sorry to hear about any miscommunication or inconvenience that may have taken place during your stay with us here at Pelican Grand. We will be sure to look into your comments immediately. Again we apologize for any mishaps during your stay. We thank you again for this review and hope to see you soon.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My friends who live in Fort Lauderdale recommended this hotel. I was going to stay in South Beach and they insisted I consider the Grand Pelican as a more peaceful, and just as luxiourous retreat for myself. They were right! My stay has been stellar; from the spacious and well appointed room, the kind staff, the quality bedding and peaceful ocean view.... I would like to particulary thank Kimberly S, at the gift shop/coffee shop who really went above and beyond to provide exceptional service and assistance. She is a jewel.

Room Tip: Absolutely get an ocean view room. Opening the door and hearing the waves... priceless.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Emily G
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for this amazing review! We are so happy that your visit with us was such a positive one! We are happy that you enjoyed our rooms, views and the help of our staff members! We will make sure that we pass along your kind words to Kimberly. We know she will love them. Thanks again for this review. We hope you stop by again for another visit soon!
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The room had a wonderful view of the beach and ocean. Housekeeping was gracefully accommodating. Moreover, the thanksgiving dinner was spot-on! Kudos to the chefs-turkey was amazing and the seafood spread was delightful.Thanks to all staff for providing what has been the best holiday getaway yet

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for this review! We love to hear how much you enjoyed your Thanksgiving with us here at Pelican Grand. We will make sure that we pass your kind words along to our staff members! We know they will appreciate all of your kind words. We hope you stop and see us again soon. :)
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Reviewed 2 December 2013

After spending one night at this hotel on the way back home from a cruise, I wish I had been able to have spent more time. Situated right on the beach, the hotel has an pristine ambience that makes you feel like your back to the early 1900's. My room was huge with high ceilings, huge beds, and commanding views (get an upper floor). The service - beyond excellent - from the front desk staff, to the bar staff, to the pool attendent, to the beach attendent, et al. Keep note, the restaurant is expensive, and there are no nearby places to eat without walking or taking a taxi. I opted to eat in the bar off the much less pricey bar menu and had one great meal. Treat yourself - this hotel is worth a visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for this review! We are so happy that your stay with us was such a great one. We will make sure that we tell our staff members how much you appreciate their service during your stay! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Sverige
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel is beautifully located on the beach. There is a small pool and a so called lazy river where you can relax floating around with the slowly streaming water. Our room was pretty big with a great view. There was a small fridge and a micro. We appreciated that because the hotel restaurant was rather expensive. You could, however, also have a meal at the pool, on the beach or in the bar and that was less expensive. I recommend this hotel to anyone except those who are looking for party or those who have young children.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view and you will get a great scenery.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mrdotrip
Thank you for this review! We are so glad that you loved your stay with us here at Pelican Grand. We are pleased that our location, rooms and view helped to make your stay with us even better! Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We hope you stop by for another visit soon!