Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Brighton, United Kingdom
“S Demirdag”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 2 days during our honeymoon trip, i paid for the hotel through a website , booked a ocean view room and paid over 500 dollars for 2 nights. Up on our arrival the receptionist informed me that there will be a charge of 15 dollars per day as for using the towels and other facilities, i was to tired to object but later on we thought this was very inappropriate as we already paid a lot of money for the room. I went down and stated my point , the receptionist checked my payment , after he agreed to waive it. I guess it was just a lucky try to get more money out of customers. They should not see clients as money milking subjects, Whatever charges there are should be explained very well before the booking takes place

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank murat d
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear S Demirdag,

It is very disappointing to read your review as our resort fee is clearly posted on all our websites and approved third party websites. I do apologize that somehow this was not made clear to you before your arrival. Most of the Ft. Lauderdale hotels are across the street from the beach and there you will find a charge of up to forty dollars a day for beach chairs and umbrellas. I am happy to see that our guest reception took care of this for you. I certainly hope that besides this one misunderstanding that your overall stay with us was exceptional. I know I speak for all our associates when I say congratulation on your wedding.

Bob Keesler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,051)
  • Finnish first
Holden, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a drink on the veranda. One of very few hotels directly on the beach. Beautiful property with a breathtaking view of the ocean. And a killer cucumber martini. Service was prompt and friendly. A pricey place to stay but a great place to spend some time.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank karylj2000
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you so much for sharing this with us! We are so glad that you stopped by and that our staff was friendly and prompt. The killer cucumber martini sounds delicious! We will let them know of your kind words. Once again, thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again at Pelican Grand Beach Resort.
Michigan
Reviewed 6 February 2014

What a great hotel. From the time we arrived to the time we left, excellent customer service. Parking is on-site. The beach has plenty space for guests to relax without being on top of each other. The beach is cleaned up each day and assistance with beach chairs and towels is available. The pool and lazy river are clean and staff are helpful in finding you a seat. You can even order food at the pool. The rooms are spacious - we had a queen suite. The balcony is a bonus! You can sit and watch the sun come up. The room was perfect for traveling with others as the bedroom seperates from the sitting area. Beds I believe are Tempupedic - now I want one at my own home. Super comfy. In the gift shop they offer everything from coffee to beach wear. Breakfast on the verandah is a treat and food is excellent. Even the coffee is great! Again - excellent service at this hotel. I would come again and again.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the beach. What a view!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank LSimone
Wow, thank you so much for sharing this review with us! It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our dining options, our amenities, and that our staff was attentive and excellent. Please know we will be sharing all of your kind words with them. Thank you again for sharing this thorough review with us, and we can’t wait to see you again at Pelican Grand Beach Resort.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 February 2014

After more than 20 years of stays in FLL and frequent runs past this venue, we finally booked a long weekend at the Pelican. We were extremely pleased with the location, service, room, and dining experience. There are so few places in the area where one can actually dine with an unobstructed beach view, and the Pelican has this classic veranda for daytime and evening lounging and dining. The food and service were high-level. The scale of the hotel is very manageable, and the valet parking ($30) was extremely efficient and convenient. If you crave more "action", the east end of Las Olas Blvd is about two miles to the south. For us, it was a pleasant walk. The Pelican is located at the south end of the Galt Ocean Mile, a much quieter residential area.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have no balcony but a large bay window.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JMD1830
Thank you so much for sharing this review with us! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of our resort, as well as our dining options and our amenities. We are also glad that we could provide you with convenience during your vacation. Thank you again for sharing this thorough review with us, and we can’t wait to see you again during your next stay at Pelican Grand Beach Resort.
Dallas Texas
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I selected this hotel for a pre-cruise stay based on the favorable rating on Trip Advisor. I am not sure how this property achieved such a high rating, it didn’t seem deserving based on our experience. I also thought it was over-priced ($280 per night) with resort fees and taxes included.

For the most part, the staff was courteous and professional; the only exception was the hostess at the restaurant who seemed put out and annoyed when I asked her a few simple questions about the Sunday Brunch.

The room was nothing special; it was small and cramped, with cheesy, dusty curtains on the windows. The worst feature was no bathroom counter space. For my wife, the is a basic need to store her cosmetics and toiletries. We ended up dragging the table in from the room into the bathroom and then dragging it back before we checked out. A lone pedestal sink in the bathroom will not please most women. I think there are better choices for the money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing this review with us. We will pass on the kind words about the staff being courteous and professional. Customer service is our top priority here, so we will be addressing the concerns regarding the hostess immediately. We are extremely sorry that you encountered issues during your stay, and please know we will be looking into these immediately as well. Once again, we are deeply sorry that your stay with us was not of the best quality, and we hope to prove ourselves during your next stay at Pelican Grand Beach Resort.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I currently had a conference in Ft. Lauderdale and this resort was recommended so I tried it out. I stayed February 1-4 2014 and I stayed at the highest floor open and had an amazing view of the water. The room was comfortable and service is great! They have many activities in that area and you should check some out! I did not because I was so busy but I do know that you must try beach blooey all! I had a great time and I hope that you do, too!

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor possible
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for sharing this review! We find great pleasure in knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that our accommodations and that your view was great. We will be passing on your kind words to the staff. Thank you again for sharing this, and we hope to see you again at Pelican Grand Beach Resort.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I am from Brazil and stayed at the Pelican Hotel for 1 night and I dnt speak English that well and good but this young man RONNIE from the PHilipines helped me during my stay. He helped me with our service sort things out for us. He is from Asia and he speak English very well. Great employees and staff at Hotel I will be flying back today in my country and this experience I will never forget!!!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julio M
Thank you so much for sharing this review with us! We love to get the feedback, and we are so happy that you enjoyed your experience. We are glad that our staff was able to help you out! Once again, thank you for sharing. We hope you had a great flight back to Brazil and we hope to see you again at Pelican Grand Beach Resort.