“Best Weekend Getaway”

Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Let me start by saying that this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. I live in Ft. Lauderdale right down the street and every year my girlfriends and I go for a mini "stay cation" just to get away. We stayed at the Pelican Grand for the first time and probably will never go anywhere else. The property was absolutely beautiful, clean and very welcoming. It is right on the beach with beautiful views. The lazy river was awesome and the pool kept very clean. The pool staff was great and I liked that they had little events for the kids by the pool. The pool is right off the beach and the food & drinks were great. The whole entire staff were complete professionals and very accomodating with all of our needs! We did not even leave the hotel the entire weekend. We ate at ocean2000 and the staff and food were fantastic. We stayed in an oceanview suite on the 5th floor and the room was so nice and clean. Very spacious with a great balcony. The beds were incredibly comfortable too. I want to personally thank Vanessa Torres for the amazing service and Enrique for making sure our reservations, meals, etc. were taken care of. Not only was this a great place to get away for adults I will absolutely be taking my kids here. We will be back! Thank you for an amazing weekend. Dana Cardea....the Golden Girls.

Room Tip: Room 516 was great. Right next to elevator and great view.-
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DanaCardea1
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dana, we’re happy to host your “stay-cation” or girl’s night anytime! We can’t wait to meet the rest of your family, as well! We know that we’ll be making even more memories in years to come. Thanks for taking the time to share your trip details at the Pelican Grand with us!

There are newer reviews for Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

If I could give this resort 10 stars I would. The property was absolutely beautiful, right on the beach. The whole entire staff were complete professionals! The food at ocean2000 was fantastic, the pool side food was on point. The ocean view suite that me and my best friends shared was pristine! From the moment we drove up until we drove away it was nothing short of perfect. I want to personally thank Vanessa Torres for the amazing service, you are absolutely in your element! We will be back! Xo, the Golden Girls

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank YolandaVi

We’re very happy to have given the Golden Girls a vacation to remember! We appreciate hearing your kind words and memories from your trip. We’ll tell Vanessa to keep up the good work! We hope we get the chance to meet with you again in the future!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

After researching many hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area, we came across The Pelican Grand as the place to spend winter break with my kids. I reserved an ocean front King Suite for $550 per night so my expectations were high. Originally we booked it arriving February 17th and departing February 21st. We stayed in Room 420. However, we checked out after 2 nights because we were disappointed with the overall hotel experience. Let me explain.
1 week before check in, I called the hotel to speak with the concierge about things to do with my kids. The operator politely asked if I can call back in 3 hours as they were busy with check in. I found that odd that the concierge would be busy with check in. Come to find out that the front desk clerks also act as the hotel's concierge. For $550 per night you would think that they would have a concierge on property.
We checked in at about 2:30pm on 2/17. The front desk clerk told us that our room was not ready but assured me via cell that they would call me as soon as our room was ready. We decided to go have a late lunch.
When we had lunch, a lovely hotel trainee was working as the server on the deck. Unfortunately, she was overwhelmed with tables and forgot to place some of the food items that we ordered (fried calamari). In addition, after waiting about 15 minutes for our food, the hot food ordered was cold. Did not make a big deal about it because the server was very apologetic and admitted that it was too busy for just her to handle. I felt bad for her. We then proceeded to check to see if our room was available.
When I got to the front desk, I asked if our room was ready, the front desk clerk said it was.I didn't say anything but I was wondering why didn't anyone call us to let us know. Once again when you are paying $550 per night you would expect better service than that. The check in process went smoothly and up to the room we went.
The room was very nice. 2 separate rooms (1 parlor with pull out couch and an adjoining room with 2 double beds) and a beautiful deck right on the ocean. However, 2 things stuck out to me as strange. The first one being is that there was no door for the bathroom. There was a door for the toilet and shower, but none for the bathroom door. The other thing was that inside the parlor there was a beautiful updated television. In the bedroom side of the room, the television was from the 70's. Once again at $550 per night, you would expect better.
The next day my kids and I went down to the beach to go swimming about 11am. The towel cart was empty. I proceeded to go to the pool to pick up towels and was denied towels. The pool steward told me that he would bring towels right away. They never arrived. In addition, you would expect someone to help set up a lounge chair and umbrella for you. Nobody was there to help. I grabbed 2 lounge chairs off of a huge stack of others and an umbrella that I dug into the sand myself.
The final straw was when I went to the front desk and saw a sign that read "ask about the water taxi.?" I proceeded to ask the front desk about things to do and the front desk/concierge suggested that we take a water taxi to Las Alamas. We pick it up at Scooters Restaurant and from there it's about a 15 minute water taxi ride. I thought it was a good suggestion and me and my kids (age 7 and 11) proceeded to walk to Scooters to pick up the water taxi. Unfortunately, the hotel did not inform us that Scooters closed down and the new pick up point is The Chart House restaurant. In addition, the front desk clerk/concierge did not mention that first you take a water taxi to a drop off transfer location, and then you pick up another water taxi that will take you to Las Alamas. Needless to say, our journey was going on 3 hours and my kids and I got frustrated and got off at Hyatt Pier 65 only to take a 5 minute cab back to the hotel. It was now 9pm and we called it a night and just ordered room service.
We checked out the next day. I had such high hopes for this hotel. I guess sometimes things don't appear to be what you imagine them to be.

4  Thank Steve0826

We’re very sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. Thank you for sharing your thoughts of your visit. Your feedback will help us to improve our hotel and services in the future for our guests.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had to book a room for 2 days prior to going on a cruise and Expedia had this as the add on to the flight rate , great location right on beach which was private the food was excelletn and the service was above good, older hotel but well maintained , one item was the resort fee of $15 per day even if you did not use the resort which was a money grab, place is not cheap but you get what you pay for

Room Tip: Ocean View is spectacular south facing is best
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

We’re glad you had the chance to visit us before your cruise! Thanks for sharing your vacation experience with us. In the future, we hope that you’re able to visit the resort portion of Pelican Grand!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The hotel is located next to the beach. I got op early to watch the sun rise every morning after that i went for a nice morning run and had lunch at the veranda. The staff was very kind but bizzy! In particulair a young beautiful lady, Mohini was letterly running around but still provided an excelllent job serving us. We had a very pleasant stay at the Pelian Grand.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

We’re happy to hear you had such a pleasant stay at the Pelican Grand. We’re glad you took advantage of our close proximity to the beach and access to the beautiful sunrise. Thanks for sharing your vacation memories with us! We hope to make more memories with you here again!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I recently returned from my 5th stay at the Pelican Grand. First off, the employees, starting with the assistant manager Arron, including the employees at the pool, beach, bar, dining room and housekeeping were all wonderful. They made sure I had everything to accommodate me during my stay. My flight was cancelled due to bad weather up north and they were able to give me an extension for my stay. The dining room (especially on the veranda) was just beautiful. The food did not disappoint. I enjoyed many tasteful meals. I understand the valet parking is expensive, but you actually pay for this in any hotel you go to. I always make it a point to stay here when I am in Ft. Lauderdale. I look forward to my next trip here. I had a wonderful time. Thank you.
Rosanne B. New Fairfield, Ct.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are the best, you can sit on the balcony and enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Rosanne, it means a lot to hear such kind words from such a loyal Pelican Grand visitor! Our staff works very hard to make sure our guests have memorable vacations here. We cannot wait until the next time you’re in Ft. Lauderdale!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

the staff at this resort was awesome. i went to the ice cream emporium numerous times and the one staff member that stuck out with the best personality is kimberly S. she gave amazing service and was very polite to my 5 year old sister and i am 13 by the way. the stay was great and kim made it even better. definitely come to this resort .
Davio Rubino
Warren, RI

Room Tip: Rooms on beachfront are much quiter.
2  Thank Davio R

We truly appreciate you taking time to review your trip with us. We’ll be sure to tell Kimberly to keep up the good work! We hope to see you again in the future!