Just returned from a stay over the Easter break. It is a very beautiful, old fashioned, classy hotel with amazing beds/linens. The hotel itself is very fancy, with excellent well-mannered staff who will go above and beyond to make your stay outstanding.
Pros-My family of 5, (3 kids 13, 9, and 6) stayed in a oceanfront room with 2 queen beds and a separated sitting area with a pullout sleeper couch (that my 13yr old daughter was more than happy to claim as her own!) The sitting area is the closer part to the balcony and the amazing view (room 720). Beds were first class, comfortable and with luxurious feather pillows and linens. Better than what I have at home, for sure! Furniture was upscale and clean, as was the carpet. Toilet and shower are separated with locking door from sink, similar to most Disney hotels so one can brush teeth or use sink while someone showers. On-site restaurant where we ate breakfast every day was very good with classy attentive service and good food for being a hotel restaurant. Pricey though it was!
Cons-actually has old fashioned tvs (tube type not flat panel) so the armoire was bulky in the bedroom part and could have been better used for clothing storage, instead of the giant tv that was in there! Also, the outside temp was around 80-85 every day and the room AC never seemed to make it very cold despite being dialed down to the lowest "Cooler" setting. That's right, a dial and not digital. And not very cool. We keep our home pretty cool in the summer (69-70, cooler than most people I know) but it felt like it was at least 73-74 in there which made comfortable sleeping difficult for us. A small complaint but I'm just being honest... Some may not care or may think that's cool enough anyway... The water pressure in the shower was awful, despite the nice looking fancy showerhead. We are used to very strong water pressure here at home and with long hair on me and my little girl, rinsing the conditioner was a challenge! Last complaint-just 2 elevators for this hotel with 11 floors and they are veryyyy sloowww...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Grand Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Pelican Grand Beach Resort
- Hotel Pelican Grand Beach
- Pelican Hotel Fort Lauderdale