Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
New York City, New York
“Nice but....”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I want to rate the Pelican a 5 but too many smaller things added up. My wife and I were there, alone, before and through Fathers day weekend. I was there once on business and didn't pay much attention so thought we would give it a shot. I love the beach and the hotel food is good and restaurant service as well, especially their pancakes which had a lightness I have never had before. We had an oceanfront suite. First the room was "worn" and could definitely use a refresh. TV drove me crazy, in the sitting area was an up to date flat screen with one set of channels, and in the bedroom was an old 21 or 24" tube TV set in an old armour. It was a clunker, picture so blurry couldn't see it well. Plus the channels you had access too on one set was not the same on the other?????? I don't get it. Then the stinking sheets were too small for the mattress and kept coming off the mattress at the head and foot. Very annoying and uncomfortable. Also the room could have been cleaner, lots of fingerprints on doors and edges, stained carpet. Also maid service varied, e.g. one day the ice bucket, that never had a plastic bag in it so I had to use my own bag, was left on the credenza and never changed or cleaned. Then there is a coffee machine with cups right on the bathroom counter next to the sink and you know that people are splashing whatever (tooth brush splash, hand washing splash, etc.) on all of it. Disgusting to think about using. Why it is in the bathroom when it is a suite with a separate room is beyond me. Only 3 pretty used towels in the bathroom each day. Car valet service worked all but one time, I called down to get my car and when I got there I must have waited 20 min and only when I complained did the car show up. Meanwhile people were coming out who obviously hadn't called down and got their cars quickly. I am assuming this car thing was a one-off as other times it was fine. One last thing, there was a female bartender that couldn't make a good Pina Colada nor could she make the same drink the same way twice. Had 2 Cosmos and they were as different as you could make them. The Pina Colada was watery and tasted to milky and not enough pineapple taste. But it was just her, all others were great and we had some great drinks there. I would see Bar could use a bit of quality control for something like that.

If you ask me "should I go there?" I would say, keep your expectations under control and enjoy the beach, bar and food. But should this be the case when your paying $300-500 per night?

Room Tip: Ocean front are best.
1 Thank Bob T
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate all of the feedback. We take all of our comments very seriously and want you to know that we are reviewing your suggestion. Thank you again for your review.

Bob Keesler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,021)
  • Finnish first
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Almost seems redundant to say more great things about The Pelican Grand. This was our third stay and once again we loved it. The staff is always ready to help you in any way they can and the accommodations are the best. Great deals staying at this time of year. Couldn't be more pleased with everything about the Pelican.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KENTW302
Thank you so much for reviewing your third stay with us. We sincerely appreciate all of the feedback. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your rooms, our dining options, and our staff. We will pass on all of the kind words to the staff members you have mentioned above. Thank you again, and we can’t wait until you all come to visit us again.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Having travelled extensively throughout the US, this is without doubt the best hotel we have had the pleasure to stay at. We stayed 2 nights 14 & 15 June. Service was impeccable, the room was absolutely stunning. The bed was just so comfy. Immaculate bedding, towels and high end complimentary bath / body lotions. We loved the 'Lazy River' water activity which was great fun. Staff were professional and attentive. A great end to a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: The City View room on 6th floor had great views.
1 Thank 720Pauline
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us during your holiday from the UK. We sincerely appreciate all of the feedback. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your rooms and our staff. We will pass on all of the kind words to the staff members. Thank you again, and we can’t wait until you all come to visit us again.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here for Memorial weekend and just fell in love with the place. Love the lazy river was great, even for adults. The beach is right there and umbrellas and beach chairs are provided. We had an upgrade to a suite on the very last floor, ocean front, which was just amazing. I love everything about this property including the best Sunday Brunch ever, facing the Florida blue ocean.
Attentive and friendly service was given to us every minute of our 4 day vacation. ! Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mory2407
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate all of the feedback. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your rooms, our dining options, and our staff. We will pass on all of the kind words to the staff members you have mentioned above. Thank you again, and we can’t wait until you all come to visit us again.

Anthony, FL
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Probably the most beautiful room I've ever stayed in: King suite oceanfront. The king bed is inside, and there's a pullout twin bed in the "living room" part. Very clean room. Internet connection was easy. Staff impeccable. The grounds are beautiful. $30 parking fee not disclosed at check-in or online; also, not disclosed whether self-parking is an option, just the assumption you'd use valet parking. I had Eggs Benedict (room service) for breakfast; service was fairly quick, but the Hollandaise wasn't fresh and the eggs were slightly overdone. "First world problems," lol. I would go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank carolynblakeslee
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us during your family vacation. We sincerely appreciate all of the feedback. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your rooms, our dining options, and our staff. I do apologize that you felt the hollandaise was not fresh but can assure you it is made A la minute. As for the parking charges they are listed on the website but we will make sure we are informing guests upon check-in. Thank you again, and we can’t wait until you all come to visit us again.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My first time at the resort and was happy to find this gem of a place rich in comfort, beautiful decor and breathe taking views! From the moment I arrived the service was exceptional. Everyone from the hotel concierge to the front desk people and service (maintenance) people were so friendly. This Resort is 5stars of excellence. I had a room with a private balcony and ocean view and 2 queen beds and plenty of room. Rooms were nicely appointed. I know they will be doing some upgrades to add to the ambiance to the rooms and new furniture for the balcony. Thursday, June 5 we had dinner and our waitress was Naomi. She did a great job and our meal was delicious at Ocean2000. Ate all my meals basically at the hotel -- breakfast was always sooooo good -- I definitely have a favorite meal I would come back for!

Let's talk beach -- the beach guys work very hard in the sun! People need to remember to tip them. Sand hot as hell but worth every minute especially to be at a hotel that's on the beach! Beach life was complete with the berry mojito -- hmmmm refreshing!

The last day of my stay we did the Sunday Brunch with unlimited mimosa's -- can I just say my stomach was just not big enough to indulge in every thing they had to offer. I did try to do quite a bit of damage :-). The service staff for Sunday brunch was very, very nice and special thanks to Denise from Texas and Christian from New Jersey who really took care of us at brunch!

I miss Pelican Grand so much and I have already referred a friend who saw my pics and wanted to know where we stayed.

Thanks Bill Rogers and all of the Pelican Grand Resort for showing the ladies from Boston so much love! See you again!

Room Tip: Higher floors and private balcony is a must!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Teresa A
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us during your vacation. We sincerely appreciate all of the feedback. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your rooms, our dining options, and our staff. We will pass on all of the kind words to the staff members you have mentioned above. Thank you again, and we can’t wait until you all come to visit us again.

Sleepy Hollow, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Been to the Pelican 4 times now. Haven't had a bad experience. Staff are professional and friendly, always willing to assist. Property and rooms very clean. Great location right on the beach. Truly gives you the "resort" feel. Will definitely visit again!!

1 Thank Chris A
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate all of the feedback. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your rooms, our dining options, and our staff. We will pass on all of the kind words to the staff members. Thank you again, and we can’t wait until you all come to visit us again for your 5th visit .