“excellent service of Jojo at the bar 02k lounge”

Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Her drink that won an award is an excellent one. Her service is excellent, she is courageous and respectful of the persons that she serves. I highly recommend going to the Pelican Grand Beach Resort and going to the Bar to have a great time. The hotel is on the ocean, the rooms are spotless and the drinks and food delicious. Service is always excellent!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate all of the feedback. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your rooms, our dining options, and our staff. We will pass on all of the kind words to the staff members you have mentioned above. Thank you again, and we can’t wait until you all come to visit us again.

Bob Keesler

Write a ReviewReviews (3,903)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

After our visit to Orlando, we decided to visit Fort Lauderdale, to visit family and friends that live in the area. They were the ones that recommended this gorgeous location right on the beach, and boy they were right!
We were greeted by a very friendly girl at the Front Desk (cannot remember her name, but she was there in the morning during the three days of our stay), and she made sure that our check-in was fast enough that our kids won't even noticed the wait.
Pool area was very nice, and even has a lazy river! the only down side was that it was hard to find a chair, but after 30 minutes of waiting the problem was solved.
The hotel has a candy store that looks from the 50's. The staff was very friendly, but it is over priced.
We didn't visit the main restaurant, since we were on a budget, but instead we had dinner at the lounge on our second night. We choose to seat outside, since they only have high tables inside and we have 3 small kids. The service was good, but the food did take some time, considering that we only order 2 burgers and 3 kid's meal. What was outstanding was that when the food finally came, it was delivered by the restaurant manager, and he not only apologize but also offered 3 complimentary ice creams for the children, handled us his business card and offered his assistance for the rest of our staying. The next day, we saw him at the lobby and again, he stopped to make sure that everything was going well with our staying: Thank you, Mr. Gasparrini!.
The check out was super fast, and when the valet parking team saw us struggling with the kids, they made sure that we were the first on line!
Thank you again for a great time, and we will be recommending your Hotel from now on!

Room Tip: Make sure to book in advance, prices will vary significantly.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rebel G

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us during your family vacation. We sincerely appreciate all of the feedback. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your rooms, our dining options, and our staff. We will pass on all of the kind words to the staff members you have mentioned above. Thank you again, and we can’t wait until you all come to visit us again.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Old World charm with spacious suites on the ocean. Love the outside casual dining practically on the beach. Our waiter, Antonio whom we had twice during our stay was so very gracious and personal. Definitely a Fort lauderdale must!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is an older property undergoing a bit of a facelift, but don't let that deter. The rooms are spacious, are tastefully appointed, have wonderful views of the ocean, and are mere steps from the beach. The beach area is well-maintained and very peaceful. The staff members were very friendly and helpful - always rushing out to set up chairs and umbrellas for us. There is an adequate restaurant, a good bar (lots of appetizer and drink choices), a small gift shop with all the basics, and the hotel is very reasonably priced. You are a 10-minute cab ride from the heart of the nightlife in Ft Lauderdale if you want a little more excitement. The beach was well maintained, and the pool and lazy river were a pleasant diversion if you wanted to get out of the hot sand. I would happily go back again.

Room Tip: Take bug spray - lots of mosquitoes around the beach at night if you didn't have a little repell...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank noworries2000

Thank you again, and we can’t wait until you all come to visit us again.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Our weekend stay was overall very good. Small balcony. The rooms have a older feel to them..could use an upgrade... staff came in twice not knowing people were in the room ..didnt knock. Food at main restaurant was good...But pricey..Bar area compact but has outside seating. Patio and beach area can't be beat for the Florida feel. A wedding was goin on but everything ran smooth for everyone ...even if not involved in wedding.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I enjoy the best and that is Pelican Resort. I am Irena Angel Wodarczyk...

This resort provides the highest & best service, it is excellent.

The management is excellent: to me really Bob is very welcoming & his style is what I like.

Andrew is very helpful to all guests.

Bob the director of beverage is attentive, a great trainer & a great man that is a pleasure to know, real professional.

Sean is always there.... He listens, so attentively.

I appreciate this resort since the beginning when it was built, to me I enjoy the highest quality is excellent services.

I honor the people who are highly trained to the highest excellence in service....

I enjoy now the new staff....like Kyle at the pool area, I see you have everything to be very successful because your excellent.

I really miss Nathan who to me was one of the best in being joyful, caring, and I love him & really miss him..

I miss Michel the old timers who I loved, I understand they have moved on to their new life. . You really are appreciated & remembered by me, Irena.

Yes, I asked Kyle to be my photographer, 30 minutes after he was off work. He took time to lake many pictures. I love my picture. I thank you Kyle for asking me to do this trip advisor survey, after all these yrs. I can say I THANK YOU ALL at the Grand Pelican Resort.

Yes, I listen to what is important to each one. I value each one of you.
Really listening to me.

Wow, it's too many names to mention. I come here for years & years.

Again, I asked a busy man, Chris to take a picture, of me Irena Angel & my lifetime friended of 47 yrs. Larry who is visiting me.

Chris took time to take a few pictures. I value your honesty Chris. Wow, with your experience which is the highest & best style for the service industry I really honor, value & enjoy you Chris.

Chris asked me if I would like anything else? I said ice cream, with a smile, he himself served us the best Ice cream to enjoy on the ocean. I cherish your touch, yes, I notice & acknowledge you.

Yes, I highly recommend to all people to stay at the Grand Pelican Resort.... Yes enjoy .... Ice cream, I enjoy a drink, a fine dinner on the ocean, or I love the Sunday brunch & the desert.

I attended a wedding on the ocean several times, it was simply the most romantic, family experience. Wow!

I am really peaceful, rested & I am happy with the all the staff. You are real special to me & real excellent professionals.

What I honor is each one of you .... For your excellence in service with a touch of style & grace...

I value honesty, for me this is higher than any words, as Chris said, honesty is best.

I am me, very direct & to the point. I enjoy my life.

JoJo is a new waitress, I acknowledge her warm heart, I love her great smile & service is so attentive.

I love the bartender Mayra who is awesome, she brings me joy by here presence & excellent service.

To the owners I say, I thank you!

Yes, I send all of our corporate guests to stay at the Grand Pelican Resort. They extend their stay from a few days, to wreaks ... When available. They return with their families & friends.

I am honored to be an ambassador, for your resort because I give my self, my family, my international business associate the best & it is the Grand Pelican Resort.

We enjoyed staying at the resorts & having our family events like baby showers, on the ocean at Grand Pelican Resort, for children the lazy river is our favorite to play in.

Room Tip: Corner suites on 2 nd floor have huge balcony, large & beautiful view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have had the opportunity of dining in OCEAN2000 Restaurant on multiple occasions for both dinner and Sunday Brunch. The Sunday Brunch offers a wide variety of dishes including an omelet station and made to order pasta station with unlimited mimosas and bloody mary's with an amazing view! Staff is very accommodating and friendly. Dinner was divine! I had the filet mignon and it was cooked to perfection. The waiter, Christian, was not only friendly but assisted us with selecting a wine to pair with our dinner and offered his suggestions on entrees and desserts. Very good waiter! I attended a meeting earlier in the year where I worked with Amanda McNeely who was also very friendly and accommodating. I would refer the Pelican Grand to anyone looking to host an event or looking for a beautiful location for dining.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for reviewing your experience at OCEAN2000. We sincerely appreciate all of the feedback.