“Great place to stay”

Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn
Ranked #19 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 10 June 2011

This is a great place to stay.. My daughter and myself stayed the weekend. Nice room comfortable beds. Within walking distance to most shops on the strip. Good breakfast,

The 2nd floor rooms walk out onto a terrace overlooking the pool with tables and umbrellas. Employees are very helpful and courteous.

$10.00 for parking this is a fair price.

Room Tip: go to roomsavers.com and find a coupon
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank sandi83
Write a ReviewReviews (1,682)

Reviewed 4 June 2011

This hotel met all our expectations -- for a pre-cruise stay -- it's perfect! Excellent breakfast buffet, within a healthy walking distance to many restaurants and shops (not right around the corner, but at least 10-15 minutes.) Helpful front desk staff, clean rooms with everything you'd need, clean pool with a nice shady area with tables/chairs and a small cafe. 5 minute walk to the beach -- loved it, would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank EG1970
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I NEVER write reviews for places I've stayed, but this place was so great that I felt the need to brag about it!!

I made this reservation last minute during Memorial Day Weekend (and actually got a great deal!). Upon check in, my reservation was literally just made online from my iPhone so they just had to look it up to print it out. I was greeted by Azelia (sorry if I butchered your name!). She was super friendly and got me checked in as fast as she possibly could. She had a great suggestion for dinner (Bubba Gump's...yum!). We did have to pay for parking which was a downfall, but it was one of the cheapest on the strip. It was well worth it to know that our car would be safe and secure in the gated garage that is only accessible by use of our hotel key. I also noted security cameras on the outside and inside of the garage (major plus). To get access into the elevator to get in the hotel, you again needed your key. I thought this was a really great security measure. The hallways were a little bit dated, but our room was AMAZING. Nice crispy clean linens, fully stocked room full of ammenities and a bathroom full of bath and body works goodies. The bathroom was immaculate. There was bath and body works products, kleenex (this will sound weird, but the tissues were created into a flower looking design) and cottonelle toilet paper. The towels were on a rack high on the back wall of the shower so you could easily reach for a towel and not have to get cold. The bed was amazingly comfortable. Each room had a balcony (ours had a private balcony), but the rest of the rooms had a wrap around balcony you could walk around and see the entire city and pool. It was very cool. There was breakfast included which literally had everything you could think of to eat. Bagels, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffle maker, etc. and it was DELISH. We had the option to eat breakfast inside or outside by the pool. There is a computer available in the lobby with a printer for guests to use. The pool was open until 11, there was a bar on site which I can't comment on because we never made it there. The best part of this hotel is that you are literally steps from the beach, but off the strip enough that you don't have to deal with the riffraff. I didn't have a beach view from my balcony, but I did have an equally beautiful view of some palm trees.
This location was so close to everything.
The customer service I experienced was BEYOND excellent. The room was immaculate. There was an incredible attention to detail shown by the owners and housekeepers. Safety was reinforced in multiple ways at this hotel. The food was good. Again, the staff was SO helpful and sincerely sweet.
Go ahead and try this hotel out! You won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank lilmisslins
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I checked all of the reviews and prices for hotels in the area while planning my weeks visit to fort lauderdale to attend my sons wedding. I liked what I read on trip advisor about Oceanside and wasn't disappointed. I arrived early in florida from my flight 11 am, when i called the front desk about early check in, i was happily told that a room was ready for me. That alone was a big plus for me as we didn't have to find something to do till 3 pm. I can not stress how wonderfully helpful and friendly the staff were from check in which was quick and fast to the maid who when asked for extra towels and pillows, promptly had them in bulk for me within minutes, to when my remote to the tv didn't work a service man was there to replace it asap, to the friendly breakfast area people who couldn't have made my stay more enjoyable. The room was clean and comfortable. The bath room was spotless, with plenty of little extras of soap, shampoo, etc. I especially like that the room had a hair dryer and iron with board which came in handy for pressing off a shirt . The beds were very comfortable. The pool was warm and clean. The beach was with in walking distance out the back of the hotel. The free buffet breakfast was descent, with pretty much anything you can think of there for you to eat as much as you want, oh did i mention the free paper every morning at your door. This is a older hotel that needs a little outside and inside up dating , but for the price of 130 a nite I was very satisfied with my stay and would gladly recommend It to anyone who likes simple, clean, cheap, and friendly place to stay. Being from Philly, I prefer it that way.

Room Tip: Hotel will beat any online price
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Johnnyboy1214
Reviewed 1 May 2011

With all the up and down reviews you question whether you made the right decision.... It was great...Tthe staff was very friendly and helpful with our questions for starters. The continental breakfast was great! Anyone who complains about that is just plain fussy! It was great to not have to worry about what or where we were going to go for breakfast and we didnt have to pay for it, which was a savings! We were a two minute walk to the beach which was great and the front desk has pool/beach towels which was also a plus! We found our rooms to be very clean and accomodating (beds a little uncomfy) and the cleaning staff were very nice also! Also the pool area was very nice with a bar area near it and they had a small menu that was nice for lunch. The hotel was also within walking distance of Las Olas Blvd area . It was a very enjoyable stay, thanks Best Western!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2011

This was a GREAT stay from start to finish. There were a total of 4 families with children that went and everyone had a GREAT time. From the staff to the pool to the second floor patio to the easy access to the beach, it was all GREAT!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Clean place nice staff ,needs some up dating ,great location walking distance to beach

• Stayed: April 2011