“Vacations”

Ranked #20 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Caracas, Distrito Federal, Venezuela
“Vacations”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I spent one night in this confortable hotel with my family and it was very pleasure. The Room was very nice with soft pillows and clean bathroom. Great breakfast and Leila was very kind taking care of us.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Carolina B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear Rowil C,
Thank you for your very kind words and review. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
India
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

I wanted to take a cheap vacation and thought I'd use Expedia 's secret hotels to book. I ended up with 2 options- a 3 star hotel for 60 dollars a night or 4 star for 100 dollars. For one night I picked the 3 star hotel which turned out to be the best western. All I can say is never again....
The hotel is in a rundown building- the whole place feels damp. The doors have rusty hinges and you really have to pull hard to get them open. Also you have to check twice to make sure they're closed.
The one saving grace of the room was how clean the bathroom was. Very clean with newish fittings and also fairly big.
The hotel also had a nicish pool- fairly big and around 8ft deep.
The location is amazing- a few mInutes to a gorgeous beach. Nice restaurant in walking distance. Both the hotel and the location feel safe.

The front desk staff were really nice- friendly and efficient.
While I wouldn't stay here again, I guess it's good value- abt 60 dollars for a hotel near the beach including breakfast and Internet.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank gstravellerIndia
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We booked into this hotel based on the pictures provided online. What they didn't say was that a large building had been built between it and the beach, completely blocking out the view.Add to that extremely poor service, unresponsive help and just plain being lied to I would never recommend this hotel. The parking is a nightmere, and the rooms are small and not the cleanest I have seen. The one brightspot of the stay was the 1(one) drink they gave me for all my troubles. Probably the most expensive beer I ever got!

Room Tip: Try to book on pool, its really the only view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank gregory5220
Carolina B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear Gregory5220,
I am sorry to hear that you feel that we did not meet your expectations. Our hotel is located on the beach side between two bulidings that belong to the hotel next door. It is not our intention to mislead anyone, and I apologize if you felt that this was the case.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The lobby and breakfast are great. Didn't use the fitness center or eat at the restaurant / bar. Needed to send a fax and they charge $3.00, so I went to Office Max. That would be my only real complaint. Securtiy is questionable as the door to the stairs from the second level garage always open. Also, expect to pay $10 a day to park at the hotel, unless you are a Diamond Rewards member.

Room Tip: Fifth floor has the best ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Douglass K
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We always welcome our guest suggestions and comments. Unfortunately parking is very limited on the beach which means tight parking spaces. We hope to see you back next time your travels bring you to Fort Lauderdale.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Very pleased with our stay here. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful, especially Dan. Bartenders very nice and gave great local recommendations. Breakfast staff and housekeepers did an excellent job. Breakfast buffet had a really good variety and was far above the average continental offerings with eggs, biscuits or croissants, meats, cake, great fresh fruit. Room looked out onto pool and was very quiet and clean, nice linens. Really cute pool for kids with two little waterfall fountains and drink ordering window, convenient poolside shower-off area. Beach is gorgeous. Interesting mix of guests with many Europeans. Will stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen E
Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

Seems like the ac has never been cleaned before. The air was really muggy and The carpet was filthy and moldy. Poor quality. Ok amenities. Ok bed. Ok bathroom. Very old building. Woudn't stay for more than a couple nights.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Beatriz S
North Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

I read various reviews before I decided to stay at this hotel. I stay in hotels about 30 days of the year and in various locations of the country. I usually have no complaints with Best Western. I think the experienced traveler knows that you get what you pay for, and this hotel was worth what we paid for it, in my opinion.

When I rate a hotel, I tend to think of a five-star hotel, such as you see on the strip in Las Vegas, as the golden standard for a rating of five circles that I would give here. I give the Best Western Plus a 4.5, since it is a cut above the standard chain hotels. When I rate a hotel, I look at the comfort level, the amenities, and little extras that are provided that go above and beyond the usual.

This hotel appeared to be one of the older hotels, although it was exceptionally well-maintained. There was an upscale, resort feel to it. The guest room had what appeared to be new carpeting. Tall people and the elderly will appreciate the high toilet. I appreciated the Bath and Body Works toiletries. My husband liked the large, flat-screened TV, which now seems to be increasingly the hotel standard. Our towels were large and thick. Each of our queen beds had four fluffy pillows onto which we could lie back and relax. The Wolfgang Puck coffee in the room was a nice touch.

Beyond the guest room: There is a nice pool outdoors with a small tropical garden and fountains. There was a good-sized pool deck on both the pool level and the mezzanine. A pretty aquarium greets you in the lobby. Parking is under cover, which is nice, but I have to warn you that they add $10.60 to the cost of your room for the privilege of parking there.

The beach is right on the other side of the Sheraton, which is next door. It is quite a beautiful beach--very wide, with children's play area, picnic tables, tall palm trees, etc. The ocean was pleasantly warm and enjoyable.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay and would not hesitate to return to this hotel.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple