“My home away from home”

Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 7 October 2013

If you want to stay at a hotel that feels more like home than a hotel, then look no further than the Best Western Oceanside in Fort Lauderdale. You can get more expensive hotels, and you can get cheaper hotels, but you won't find one that has the caring staff that goes above and beyond to make your stay perfect in every way possible.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bulldog1982
Carolina B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Bulldog,
Thank you for your kind words. On behalf on my staff and myself, we appreciate the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
All the best,
Carolina

Write a ReviewReviews (1,658)

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Nice comfortable beds, clean, good hot water, very friendly and helpful staff, close to Sheraton and Marriott so can have less expensive stay. Breakfast was great but food in bar, not so good. I thought a cockroach was on my leg, staff said it's a Palmetto, a relative. Floridians are not upset by this but I was. It was a big as my thumb.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathleen T

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We appreciate your positive feedback on our services and amenities. The bug is not acceptable (not even a palmetto bug) tor anyone I apologize.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We have booked this holiday almost last minute for the October break... and It was, really and truly, your comments and the managements immediate positive responses, that made us choose this hotel over all the others!

We are anticipating a great stay and thank you to everyone for posting and helping us to choose the best destination for our family!

Happy holidays to you all!

Room Tip: We haven't been there yet ..bit are choosing this on your advice!
Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear future guest,
We look forward to welcoming you to Fort Lauderdale. Please ask for me when you arrive I would love the opportunity to meet you. Wishing you a safe and pleasant trip

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were scheduled to attend a convention in Fort Lauderdale. But it was expensive. So we let our fingers do the tapping & snooped the internet until we found this Best Western, a short walk to the convention center; the beach; the watering holes & the water taxi's. But back at the hotel... Its information book says it was built in the '70's. Its architecture agrees. Five Stories, & the rooms face north & south. Narrow balconies traverse each level, so you could walk out & sniff the sea air. On the north side your view is the Sheraton shaped like a ship. On the south side your view is overlooking the pool & you can see the very tall condo across the street & the huge Marriott complex further up the hill. Because of the location, the sun does not shine directly into the north rooms & so they are bright without being overwhelmed with light. Very clean, you can see that maintenance is of paramount importance. The housekeeping staff kept everything shipshape.
Registration was smooth & the ladies at the desk & on the Phone were very knowledgeable & accommodating. We mailed boxes of supplies to cut down on the weight of our luggage & they held them at no charge until we arrived. Luggage got lost & they signed for it & had it waiting when we arrived. One just couldn't fault them in their efforts to help us have a great experience in Fort Lauderdale.
Our breakfast was a real surprise! It was wonderful! each morning I ate differently. Biscuits & gravy, eggs & sausage; bacon, ham, cold cuts & cheese, fruit & yogurt, a variety of juices; Chocolate or regular Waffles with chocolate syrup & real whipped cream!!! How decadent & I am still licking my chops! Oh yes there were cold cereals, & pancakes & more. Folks were quietly drifting over to Our Hotel to eat. They had to pay. Ours was part of our room charge. I was Impressed! Our last evening, we lounged in the pool & ordered from the lounge. They make great Nacho's! But alas, we had to leave. the conference was over. Time to go back to reality. Sigh.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quiet. The south side rooms, although having a wonderful view of the po...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank KEMMH

Dear Guest,
Your review and comments are wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and give us such great compliments. I will make sure to share this with the entire staff. we hope you come back and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Plastic over carpet in hall, shower handle came off, Breakfast inedible, carpet wet, clerk inattentive and didn't return my credit card. No smoking statement needed to signed only to find evidence of burns on comforter. Room smelled. Chain should consider dropping this location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tom,
Your description does not match our hotel. We do not have comforters , or plastic covers in our hallways. It seems you are describing someplace else. I am sorry to hear that you had such an experience.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The rooms are well equipped with refrigerator and microwave. There is ample drawer space and the rooms are large. Breakfast is served in a pleasant room overlooking the pool, or you can take your breakfast out and eat at tables at the pool. There is a computer and printer available for guest use. The beach is not visible, but a very short walk. They let me check in early, and everyone was nice. My only complaint is I felt they did not want to call a cab for me, but were steering me to take the shuttle. Since there were 2 of us, the shuttle would not have saved me anything, so that was puzzling. When my cab came, the shuttle was also there and they told me to take the shuttle. Odd and uncomfortable. I took the cab, after all, I did have him called.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Bostonchip,
First of all I want to thank you for staying with us and giving us the opportunity to serve you. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and sad that your last impression was an awkward one. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about this so that we can address it and make the changes necessary in our policies. Again, thank you for staying with us, we hope you visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

we had a great visit last weekend at Ft Lauderdale Best Western... Prices were good, beds good, people very nice... If you want to see a wonderful beach, and be right there in the morning when the sun comes up, this is the place...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nanette H

Dear Nanette,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We hope to see you again, the beach is nice and warm all year long (there might be some short cold fronts in the winter)