We chose this hotel for its location close to Port Everglades entrance and also Hertz Rent a Car where we had to return a car before the cruise. We were sailing with CCL at pier 21. This hotel was comfortable and clean. We really liked the pool area, cozy and relaxing where we enjoyed a glass of wine (or two) anticipating our cruise vacations. Many restaurants + fast food are within a walking distance and also a nice small shopping center where you can find last minute items such as Dollar Store, Bealls, Liquor Store. Also a Barber Shop and a Subway for a quick snack). We had a good breakfast in the morning and took the shuttle offered by the hotel for a flat rate of $8.00 per person which is a safe and well worth option. By the way we had a bad experience with a taxi ride while we were in Florida, upon our return, eventhough I have traveled quite a bit. I don't want to go into lengthy details, but believe me, if you have a shuttle option recommended by the hotel to reach your destination, like the one offered at The Best Western, take it with no hesitation, in order to avoid the dreaded sightseeing tour, which can be very costly. Even if you find an honest taxi driver, there are a few I'm sure, don't forget that the meter is running if you have intense traffic at the Port or the Airport, not mentioning other traffic delays. You are better off with a flat rate shuttle. I felt it was my duty to plug this comment. To conclude this BW will be my choice when I return for another cruise from Port Everglades. I also have to mention how helpful and attentive the staff was. It was a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two-Story Hotel, conveniently located in the heart Fort Lauderdale, minutes from Interstate 95, Convention Center and Airport. Ideally located in the heart of the Ft. Lauderdale Air and Cruise Port, the Best Western Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port provides comfortable accommodations for business and leisure travelers to the area. Each spacious, well-appointed room is fully equipped with complimentary high-speed Internet access, cable satellite television with HBO, microwave, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker and iron/ironing board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Best Western Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Best Western