Stayed here for one night pre cruise.
Found out quickly that their shuttle problem still exists. Compared to others, we may have done pretty well as we only waited a little more than 30 minutes. The Stirling Road Best Western shuttle made it past us twice while we were waiting. Our shuttle driver advised that the shuttle is shared between 5 hotels in the area (very poor).
Sherica at the front desk is the shining star at this place. Were it not for her, I'd have to wonder what the difference would be to a Motel 6.
Room was nice and clean but average.
Wifi was slow
Breakfast was limited and the seating even more so.
We found out that they contract all the transportation to All Star Transport. Sherica reserved us the shuttle for us to go to dinner. Cost was $7 each way and we only went a little over a mile. Will use a taxi in the future.
We also reserved a slot with the same transport to the cruise terminal at $8 per person. They convinced me that in the future, use a cab ($12 to port). The girl who was setting it up outside the hotel was bad and unorganzied. Our shuttle was set for 10:30. We finally got loaded after 11, but watching the disorganization of the shuttle staff was entertaining.
To all of you that were outside the hotel waiting and blocking the way with your luggage- I apologize, but you didn't leave room for anyone else and we needed extra room to guide my wife who is blind. Maybe if you had some consideration for others, your luggage might not have gotten knocked over as we passed by.
We cancelled a reservation right outside the port to save a few dollars. We ended up wasting it on the stay at this Best Western. We will not make that mistake again. It is worth a little extra money to stay by the port/beach area as there are a lot more choices in places to stay and restaurants to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two-Story Hotel, conveniently located in the heart Fort Lauderdale, minutes from Interstate 95, Convention Center and Airport. Ideally located in the heart of the Ft. Lauderdale Air and Cruise Port, the Best Western Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port provides comfortable accommodations for business and leisure travelers to the area. Each spacious, well-appointed room is fully equipped with complimentary high-speed Internet access, cable satellite television with HBO, microwave, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker and iron/ironing board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Best Western Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Best Western